Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Good 3149 Total Reviews

• USA, Couple, 31-40
31st Oct 2018
4.9

The location of this property was the only plus. We decided to stay because we happened to have the room to ourselves, but overall we don’t recommend this hostel. Pros- closest hostel to the airport Cons- AC didn’t work in room, TV didn’t work in room, most of the employees just sat on their phones and didn’t really seem to acknowledge us. There was NO toilet paper for 3 days even after they had been just cleaned. There was SMOKING in the room across from us even through it said no smoking.

• jonagraham4280
  • New Zealand, Male, 25-30
26th Sep 2018
2.3

From the moment I walked through the door the staff were very unaccommodating and were very unhelpful. I stayed at the property for 10 days and not once were the staff able to assist with any of my queries. The toilets were always blocked, the showers were never clean and the lighting in the bathroom was terrible. The guy with the glasses in the bar was rude and I don't think I saw him smile once. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• TPOWELL8268960
  • New Zealand, Male, 25-30
25th Sep 2018
2.3

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Staff were not helpful at all, the guy with glasses who works in the cafe was very rude and unwilling to help at all times. Stayed 10 days and not once they cleaned my private room or changed the sheets!! Would not recommend staying here!!!!!

• akrushen1057
  • Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Sep 2018
3.4

Can't say I'm thrilled. Wi-Fi was on the main floor only. The washrooms were filthy and uncleaned for our 2 day stay, and I imagine longer before that as well.. The room had an EXTREMELY pungent smell for the 2 day duration of our stay. I want to say chemical based? Not sure. Staff were unhelpful with transit or any local information.. and just all around unwilling to communicate whatsoever. Quite an unpleasant stay. I will not return & will refer people elsewhere.

• finnmolloy
  • England, Male, 18-24
10th Sep 2018
6.0

As a whole, for £10 in Beijing it’s decent. If you can afford to spare the extra £2 I’d go to 365inn. The place was not clean at all, sheets were stained, in the pool table rumour there is loads of cockroaches and I saw a rat . There is no WiFi in the room which is annoying. Location was decent, not too far from a metro stop and near the nightlife part of Beijing. Cheapest in Beijing so couldn’t expect much better. Was very secure at nighttime you need a room key to enter. Good social there.

• henryawatkins
  • USA, Male, 31-40
1st Sep 2018
4.0

My room was a disaster. Extremely strong mildew. Avoid.

27th Aug 2018
4.3

if you can afford to go somewhere else, i would recommend it

• England, Couple, 31-40
9th Aug 2018
6.0

I didn’t like it, the bar was cool and the room had air con. They were the only positives for me. Beijing is overpriced for hostels and this is no exception. The lock on our door didn’t work properly, sometimes needing to spend 5mins retrying the lock, in the heat after a long day etc. The room is a bed and a table, which is fine for me. We were on the fourth floor, no lift. It isn’t super clean, despite live in cleaners. Communal toilets and showers for the whole floor of a hotel.

• France, Couple, 25-30
7th Aug 2018
7.7

No wifi in the rooms, and the location for the wifi closes at 11pm which is not practical at all. It is really pricy for the place, but it is not that bad as well. I guess the price comes from the fact that it is Beijing. Don't expect the personal to fully talk in english.

• France, Couple, 25-30
5th Aug 2018
2.9

TO AVOID !! Probably the worst guesthouse I have ever stayed at in China. Staff can barely speak any word of English. Wi-Fi only available downstairs, not in the rooms (when it is working). We stayed in a private room which was super smelly and dirty. Toilet was plugged and we were even asked to unplug it ourselves! Definitely a place to avoid: it is the cheapest in Beijing, but you know why! Last thing: it was impossible to get an invoice from reception, very unprofessional.

×