Shelter City

Fabulous 13884 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2018
7.7

This place was in a great location but I didn’t find the other travellers there very friendly. Also, I know I booked a 16 bed dorm but my bed was right next to the sink and lockers so I found it annoying that everyone kept coming into the space right next to my bed where normally you would have a bit of your own space. It’s cheap but you get what you pay for. I think I would book somewhere else if I came to Amsterdam again.

13th Jul 2018
7.7

The whole concept of this hostel is very strange. It is a very Christian Hostel that does not allow drinking or smoking and even states they have the right to ask you to leave if you are drunk or high, but they are also absolutely in the middle of the Red Light District. Like there are prostitutes literally right next door. Very weird...

• roehyams9368
  • Israel, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2018

Amazing place! me and my friend stayed for 2 nights and we enjoyed every second! hostel is in the middle of a really central place in amsterdam, so thats nice! nice breakfast and nice and smiling staff! loved it and def would stay again!

11th Jul 2018

Nice hostel in the heart of Amsterdam, close to many restaurants, shops, and on the edge of the red light district. Felt very safe, and the free breakfast was quite good. Well worth it!

• shannonward
  • Ireland, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2018

I was a bit apprehensive about booking a Christian hostel at first but it was hands down the best hostel I’ve ever stayed in! Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help you whenever they can. The place is clean and safe in terms of security and luggage storage. With location in mind, I can’t fault it, it’s extremely central, with the red light district and the museum quarter just a short walk away. One thing to bare in mind for coupes is that there are no mixed dorms.

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2018

I only stayed for one night, but had a very pleasant stay. The staff is very friendly, the location is right in the center, so it was perfect for me since I had a flight in the morning. Takes less than a half hour to the airport. The people with whom I shared the room were also nice. I had no issues, but if you want to lock a locker in the room you need a lock. Bring one if you have one, buying at the reception is four euros. Keep in mind, it is a Christian hostel, so no drugs and alcohol.

• barreravpol3581
  • Spain, Male, 18-24
10th Jul 2018

great place in a really good location

• kevinmalvarez1655
  • USA, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2018
7.4

Good location. Bottom bunks don’t have outlets to charge phone. Don’t get a 16 bed room if you don’t want to get woken up multiple times every night.

• Dartima97451
  • Mexico, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2018

Extremely acomodating and flexible since the start, Perfect location near the Red light District, Friendly staff and customers from all around the world and every service you need from bicycle rental to charging you're phone, etc...

• tmbowers7667
  • USA, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

My friends and I could not have picked a hostel with a better location. It was easy to get anywhere and amazing places to see, things to do, and food to eat were right outside our door. The best part was the staff and how helpful they were. I forgot to bring the right converter and they have stations at the front desk where they charge your phone for free.

×