Shiralea Backpackers Resort

Fabulous 529 Total Reviews

• swalker788629
  • England, Male, 31-40
27th Oct 2018

This place is THE cleanest place I've stayed in Thailand. The dorms are spotless... Even the bugs stay out. How do you do that? 😂 Staff are so welcoming and friendly. The food is beautiful. Chang is on draught. The resort itself is beautiful. Nice pool. Bamboo huts. Perfect location for the North beaches and viewpoints. I don't have a single negative point. Defo coming back here next time. Thanks for a great stay ✌️

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Aug 2018

Loved the beds as you had your own curtain, rail, locker, light and plug. Pool was great and you could actually swim in it properly. The in-house bar sold some English food like bangers and mash. Staff were helpful when I asked questions. Biggest negative was there were 2 tour groups when I was staying which meant it was really hard to meet people as the tour groups stuck to themselves and there weren't many others there.If it had of been a different time then I think it would have been amazin

Hello, We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the resort while you were here! I'm sorry that you didn't have the social experience you would have hoped though. It can be a bit challenging as we move into low season, we start getting fewer and fewer solo or small group travelers, so there are not always a lot of people around to meet as you mentioned. We always hope that the tour groups who come through will socialize with other guests, but unfortunately that just doesn't always happen. We would love for you to come visit us again during a busier time, as the social atmosphere can be absolutely amazing here during the right time of year! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we wish you all the best in your future travels!

• blaithinhelferty9466
  • Ireland, Female, 18-24
28th Aug 2018
5.4

You cannot bring food or drink into this "hostel". There are no facilities to make your own food... how can this be a hostel without such facilities?! Bathrooms were crawling with mosquitos, ants, flies. It put me off using the bathroom & showering. One good thing about this place was a couple of members of staff (Scottish girl & American lady) were super friendly. Beds have a curtain & a light & socket which was good (but expected)

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we do appreciate each and every one as an opportunity to try and improve the resort for our guests. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would hope. I wonder if there was maybe some confusion on what type of place we are, as we are not technically a hostel. We are a backpacker resort, which offers basic bungalows at reasonable prices, as well as dorm beds for those that might be on more of a budget but still want more of the resort experience with our extensive grounds, pool, and bar/restaurant areas. We do ask for no outside food or drink (exception to water) in any of the common areas, as you mention, because we have a full service restaurant and bar on resort, as well as a pool bar that is open at select times. Our guests are always welcome to bring any outside food or drink they would like into their rooms, so I do apologize if that was not clear to you. Again, I'm sorry if the resort was not what you were expecting! We wish you all the best in your future travels, take care.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2018

THIS PLACE!!!❤️ Shiralea was one of the best parts of my trip! The staff are amazing, the food was incredible, and everything was so reasonably priced! I made some friends here that will be my friends forever. The pool was open 24/7, beer pong tables, beach is a 5 minute walk away. The staff help set up taxi's and gave amazing information on Thailand and travel. Best time of my life!!

Hi, and thank you so so much for the wonderful review! It was absolutely our pleasure to have you here, and it is our wish for every guest to leave here feeling the way have! Of course we absolutely love seeing guests come together and form incredible new friendships, it really is something special and we are so glad that you got to experience that here. Wishing you all the best in your future travels, and we would love to welcome you again next time you visit KP. Cheers!

• Mexico, Couple, 18-24
24th Aug 2018

Our stay at the Shiralea was amazing, it has a great restaurant/bar area perfect to meet people or just chill. Also it has a very nice pool area where you can chill and play some beer pong,The pre party on full moon day was awesome, there is free neon paint so everybody paints each other and very nice atmosphere.The location is extremely far from everything so you have to rent a scooter or go everywhere by taxi (expensive) and there are very few restaurants near by.Awesome beach 5mins walk.

Hello, and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try to provide an atmosphere that can make everyone happy, whether that is lounging around and keeping it mellow, or playing some drinking games with new friends. I do hope you had a chance to explore this side of the island a bit... while we are far from the busier main town and full moon beach area as you mention, there is still so much to see and do on this side of (and all over) the island! We hope you'll come visit us if you return to Koh Phangan again in the future. Cheers and happy travels to you!

• linseykerr19938083
  • Scotland, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
24th Aug 2018
6.3

I didn’t like this hostel. The location was far and and in the middle of nowhere for everywhere I wanted to be. There wasn’t much of an atmosphere for the full moon party. 90% of the people staying there were from Contiki and all knew each other and didn’t seem to understand why I was travelling alone. So I didn’t really meet anyone - there were a few others in my room but they were gone 98% of the time Pros -Great Mexican restaurant next door -Lovely beach and supermarket close -Clean toilets

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time here as much as we would hope, as it is always our goal to foster a welcoming and social atmosphere for our guests to enjoy. As you mention, we are located on the quiet side of the island away from the busier main town and full moon beach areas, which should be clear on any booking agent or website map. That said, there is still plenty to see and do on this side of the island, so I do hope you had a chance to explore a bit! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we do appreciate every single one as we are always looking for the best ways to improve the resort for our guests. We wish you the best in your future travels!

• ella_lewis6049
  • England, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2018
8.0

Nice enough hostel clean with good staff eager to help. Pool facilities are nice and the beach is very close. Still a little far from other areas so you need a scooter/taxi to get around more. There is plenty around the resort though, convenience store, restaurant and bar.

Hello, We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us... we always strive to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for our guests! As you mentioned, we are located on the quiet side of the island, away from the busier main town and full moon beach areas, but there is so much to see and do on this side and all the necessities are still within a convenient distance. As with anywhere on the island, scooter is definitely the best way to explore and see all that this big beautiful island has to offer! We really hope to see you again someday if you travel back to Koh Phangan in the future. Cheers!

• dashj006231
  • USA, Male, 31-40
21st Aug 2018

The people make the place. Great people and very helpful. Also, it's a really solid location if you're not there strictly for full moon. You're close to two nice beaches and an easy moto ride to many more. Had a lot of fun there and would go back.

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it! We enjoyed having you in resort and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as this beautiful, less explored side of the island. We would love to welcome you again if you come back to Koh Phangan in the future. Cheers and happy travels to you!

• alaraerturk138402
  • Turkey, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2018

Very close to 2 of the nicer beaches on Phangan, but it can be expensive to get to other parts of the island if you don't ride a scooter. There is a reggae bar nearby and 7 Eleven is walking distance. Rooms and bathrooms were not the cleanest. Facilities were nice as the hostel was part of a big resort.

Hello, Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us a review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are always looking for ways to improve the resort for our guests, so we appreciate every review. We have been working hard with our cleaning staff to be sure that the room cleaning is up to standard, so I do apologize if it was not to your expectations. We are working on improving it! We do hope you'll choose to come stay with us again if you visit Koh Phangan in the future. Best regards!

3rd Aug 2018

I loved this hostel! The private bungalows are a great deal and they’ve even got a hammock! The hostel/bar is reasonably priced and their food and drinks are very tasty. I also loved Charlie and Raja because they were so kind and helpful! I even needed a ferry ticket printed out and as soon as I asked, Charlie got on the computer to print it out. I would definitely recommend staying here if you get the chance. Also location wise, it’s just a few short minutes of a walk from the beach! 10/10

Hello, and thank you so much for the wonderful review! It makes us so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I can tell you that it was also our pleasure to have you! It is always our goal to make our guests feel right at home with us in our beautiful little piece of paradise. We hope that you'll come visit us again someday, and happy travels to you until then! Cheers :)

×