Smart Russell Square Hostel

Very Good 9114 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
7th Jul 2018
6.3

The location is great and the place is very clean with enough toilet facilities that you don't have to wait. Though like a lot of hostels the staff look like they'd rather be anywhere else and the breakfast is a miserable cop out of nothing more than toast, cereal and some dirty diah water they labled as 'coffee'. The key card lockers in the room also did not work.

• cstokeshome1739
  • England, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

Very nice place to stay, good transport access, only issues were heat, which I can't blame on the hostel and cleanliness of the communal shower block. That being said the ensuite shower was spotless and worked fine.

• England, Female, 31-40
6th Jul 2018
6.0

The staff were rude or at best surly - overall the hostel was fine - clean as it could be but not a lot of atmosphere

• marlynsc9205
  • Dominican Republic, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2018
3.1

The person that checked me in was not very agile and I had little time. I asked for a locker and besides having to pay for it, when I went to the room the locker I was given didn't open with the key, then I was given another one, and it was broken, then I was given another one in a common area and the password was wrong. In the end, I had to leave my stuff in the broken locker and pray nothing happened. Furthermore, the room smelled awful, not enough air flow, bathroom uncomfortable and dirty

• kinseychurch7989
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Jul 2018
8.0

Awesome location, typical hostel experience in the heart of London. In the mixed dorm room the beds are 3 high so it can be a bit of a climb. The showers are also incredibly tiny so if you are a taller or larger person it may be hard to shower. Otherwise it was fine, we really enjoyed our stay.

• roannagrace8178
  • England, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2018
7.4

The under bed locker could be opened without a key but there was security on the door at night.

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jun 2018

Great value for money, efficient service and very pleasant staff. Within walking distance to Finsbury and Kings Cross train stations. Comfy sleep, clean sheets. Bit of a walk to the bathroom down 2 flights of stairs in the middle of the night, but plenty of toilets to choose from once there! Slightly concerned that I was able to walk into someone else's room using the wrong key and therefor felt we had to take our belongings out to a festival with us. Otherwise, pleasant stay, 10 out of 10.

23rd Jun 2018
5.7

The hostel just has a relatively uncomfortable atmosphere. It's just a place to sleep and not spend time. My room had strange metallic and water flowing sounds all through the night which made it difficult to sleep. The bunks I stayed in were triple bunk beds, and I couldn't sit up to drink water without bumping my head on the bunk above me. the staff were kind, and the breakfast was average (muesli, cornflakes, toast, juice and coffee). Though not a big deal, the lighting was really bad.

• Jeremyeamesy9230
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
22nd Jun 2018
5.1

Atmosphere was dead, the beds didn’t fit me and I’m not overly tall, staff seemed alright to communicate with but didn’t seem to have any enthusiasm. Facilities are very out dated. Laundry machines from the 70s and showers that facilitate only one being warm at any one time. It serves it purpose yet It’s not worth saving the extra 10 pounds.

• lmw16h62
  • Ireland, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2018
5.7

Though they assign you to a room, they don't always assign you to a bed which was problematic because I heard two seperate occasions of people complaining others were in their bed or had moved their stuff. The majority of the people staying were older men which made me feel a bit uncomfortable as a 19 year old female traveling alone. The bathrooms aren't great, you essentially have to be naked in front of a lot of others, and the outlet on my bed was broken which made my trip very hard.

×