Smart Russell Square Hostel

7.1
Very Good 9033 Total Reviews

7th Apr 2018
6.3

You have to pay for lockers, theres no enough space in the room. For one night is okay.

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
4th Apr 2018
4.9

We stayed here as a residential school trip with young people aged 12-17. There were mouse traps in the bedrooms, damp in the rooms and our ensuite toilet didn't work the entire time we were there. Although we told reception about this shortly after arriving, it was not fixed in the three days we were there. We had also requested private access to one of the communal shower rooms for safeguarding reasons and it was not implimented the entire time we were there.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
3rd Apr 2018
5.7

Maybe i rate a bit more harsher than other reviewers, the best thing is my breakfast was included while other people had to buy there own if they pay direct so not only was it cheaper to book thru hostelworld i got a 2(pound) breakfast , the stairs are not ok, they lean in, level 3 feels like level 5, the staff are border line ok, usally with 2 staff at checkin and only 1 working, the coffee is too hot and terrible but i still like it, the securer draws in the room where broken

• frosaleslillo9457
  • Chile, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2018
4.9

Horrible!!!!! The worst hostel I have slept in London. First: you need to pay for lockers in the room and to keep your stuff after the check out, in a common room. Second: the door of the room I stayed was almost all the day open, people maintained it open, I think it was not secure. Third: the shower stopped working whilst I was taking a shower. Instead a person of the staff was asked, she never solved the problem. Not recommended !!!!

• England, Female, 41+
24th Mar 2018

I stayed here because I just needed overnight accommodation at a reasonable price, but a top bunk in a mixed sex room is definately not for me as I'm 72, The room was generally comfortable, clean and the breakfast ok, but not as good as Equity Point, where I normally would have stayed, but they have recently more than doubled their rates, so I was a little constricted. I might stay at Smart again if I could get an all female room and a bottom bunk.

• hayward138315
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
17th Mar 2018
6.6

Relative to other hostels I’ve had more welcoming experiences. Sheets given to me had blood stains on them, rooms were cramped and stuffy, no breathing room. Not very atmospheric. Overall very mediocre.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Mar 2018
3.1

This place is HORRIFYING. I have never been more uncomfortable in my entire life. Walking in the place seemed nice, but honestly, it is like staying in a halfway house. I did not spend my money to be sleeping next to people who looked homeless. I was frightened that I was going to be attacked in the night or have my belongings stolen. There were numerous people whose belongings were only in plastic bags. When I tried to move rooms, the staff made us feel like I was being dramatic & a hassle.

9th Mar 2018
2.0

WARNING: This is not a hostel, this is a halfway house for homeless 60 year old men. Our room was sickeningly hot, and I mean that literally. When we tried to get help from the front desk they told us to fix it ourselves, and when we complained for a second time they sent someone down to "check and see". When two nasty homeless men moved into our room with their pants falling down, that was the last straw. They wouldn't refund us, they just moved us. Everything is dirty and disgusting. AVOID!

6th Mar 2018

You can't beat this location as a tourist. It's an exceptional location close to markets, cafe's, museums, parks, tube, and rich cultural icons. It's a busy place, bustling throughout the day. Some large groups were there so noise volume in lounge/breakfast area can get pretty high - crowded, but you can't beat the value for location. Rooms were quiet and comfortable.

• santanabrueckner1878
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
1st Mar 2018

For people without high demands. The 15 dorm room is really really really small but ok when you use it just for sleeping. You have a curtain for more privacy and your own 2 usb connection for charging your phone which was very useful.

×