Smart Russell Square Hostel

Very Good 8946 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Jan 2018
4.6

This hostel was highly recommended, but I could not have been more disappointed. The staff other than one receptionist was rude. The accommodations were filthy, the bathrooms were cringeworthy. The security guard that randomly shows up was rude and refused entrance to the other person staying under my booking because she didn’t have her room key on her. We were unaware of this policy. It was highly disappointing staying here. The only redeeming quality is it’s proximity to the underground.

• matheusdonelli5492
  • Brazil, Male, 18-24
6th Jan 2018

Thank you for everything, especially for Luigi. ;)

5th Jan 2018
7.4

Not my favorite hostel. The rooms smelled horrible and did not looked cleaned. When I arrived, I had to ask a staff to help me find a bed since they all looked taken. There was unisex bathrooms that were fairly cleaned. However, the showers were horrible. The water would come out warm at first but they really hot. I basically had to shower with (almost) boiling water. On the other hand, breakfast was cheap, they had an ATM with no service fee, and the common area was nice.

• paulinesengler3718
  • Switzerland, Female, 18-24
31st Dec 2017
5.1

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Smart Hostel only because of its situation... I was very disappointed in the cleanness of the room and the bathrooms, which were absolutely not practical to take a shower in, because of the missing curtains causing all of the clothes to be wet... I was not expecting a five stras hotel, but come on...! I think that this hostel is way too expensive for the very poor services it offers. I would advise you to stay there only for a short period !

• bjack9139305
  • USA, Male, 25-30
30th Dec 2017
8.0

This hostel is pretty basic and a little dirty, but it's in a great location and very affordable. The water from the sinks in the rooms and bathrooms was not drinkable, which is a bit strange. I had to buy water bottles for a few days because I couldn't refill my water bottle at the hostel. Overall our stay was positive, and the curtains over each bed add some privacy to crowded rooms.

• Spain, Mixed Group, 25-30
30th Dec 2017
7.1

Bit unconfortable sleep in a 3 bunk bed...I think I hit my head couple of times haha. The watter of the shower was super cold - only 1 day, the second was warm enough.

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2017
4.3

We arrived at around 11 pm and the staff told me that there is no pillow cover so just give us another blanket cover which is weird and hard to put on. Additionally, the showering room is terribly dirty and the people living is noisy, they speak loudly in the late night and a lot of residents are weird, it’s not worth for the money.

• qiongyin407079
  • China, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2017
6.9

You can choose your bed, rather than staff choice. The locker need money, save language need £2. And bed sheets and pillow need guests put and off by theirselves, that was bad.

• England, Male, 31-40
27th Dec 2017

The staff are really friendly and fair. The kitchen is good but could do with an oven. They could do with informing the customers about consideration for other customers. But overall it is good place to stay.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2017
6.3

Location was pretty much the only good thing about the hostel. It’s just around the corner from the station. Cons: Bunks are not even big enough to sit up in. There were used tissues under the mattress. Bathrooms were dirty. I didn’t realise the hostel didn’t have an age limit so I was sharing a dorm with a 70-80 year man. Wouldn’t stay again.

×