Sparks Hostel

Superb 133 Total Reviews

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
13th Apr 2018

Great hostel, in a really good location right between the train station and the main bar street. Hostel itself was really clean and modern, really comfy beds and good bathrooms. Kitchen seemed well equipped. Only downside was that there wasn't a huge amount of atmosphere, everyone kept to themselves a bit.

• u35284498265
  • Hong Kong, Mixed Group, 18-24
11th Apr 2018

Best hostel experience for me! Outstanding room environment and comfortable common working place!! Really live it

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
6th Apr 2018

Perfect hostel located in the heart of the city. I spent a weekend, my Rotterdam Marathon weekend, at Sparks. And it could have been better than this. Location is great, walking distance from central station and surrounded by different public transportation options. However you can aslo easily walk to majot highlights. There are plenty of supermarkets, shops, cafes nearby. Staff is incredibly helpful. They will do their best for you! And rooms are just comfy, not the mention the cleanlines!

5th Apr 2018

I didn’t have a bad stay, but I wasn’t wowed either.

• teoslampros
  • Greece, Male, 25-30
5th Apr 2018

This was my first hostel experience! Totally appropriate for the situation! Enjoyed my stay and the atmosphere is cool! Absolute 10!!!

1st Apr 2018

I absolutely LOVED this hostel. One of the best I’ve stayed in. My three friends and I stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm. There were two showers INSIDE of our actual room and we had a balcony as well. I love that it’s easy to reach the top bunks too. I’d say add more mirrors to room for girls to get dressed and what not. I’d recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Rotterdam. Breakfast was a plus too!

• artsysoki2098
  • USA, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2018

The rooms were amazing. The beds were really nice and more private than most hostels that I have stayed in. The overall atmosphere of the hostel was really good and chill. The common room is really cute and cozy I wish I had more time in Rotterdam so I could have spent some more time in the common room. The staff are really open and kind and willing to answer any questions that you have. I would definitely go back to this Hostel if i'm ever back in Rotterdam.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
22nd Mar 2018
7.1

Good if you’re just staying for a night and want to be close to the train station. Good location, clean and secure. However there is absolutely no community feeling, and the hostel constantly makes you feel that it is simply a business. Everything costs extra. You need to purchase an overpriced lock to use the lockers. You are not allowed to use the kitchen in the morning, so you’re forced to pay for the overpriced breakfast. Sleeping boxes are clean but pressing and promote isolation.

• travel2141
  • Greece, Male, 31-40
20th Mar 2018

Initially booked with them because they could accommodate me for the duration of my stay, without having to change room or hostel/hotel. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of services they provide. Don't matter what you throw at them: - urgent direction-to-airport request in the middle of the night - spontaneous chit-chat while they do something else or - you happen to have a roommate with a truly bad attitude Sparks hostel has the recipe in its name, just book with them!

• kbergerbourque8304
  • USA, Female, 31-40
16th Mar 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at Sparks hostel. I was extremely thankful at its location and proximity to the train station. It felt like a really safe environment and I love that the beds were private. The lockers were a nice large size and the bathrooms were private and clean. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone, especially solo female travelers.

×