St Christopher's Barcelona

• jorge_chirinos_881880
  • Venezuela, Male, 25-30
15th Oct 2018
8.0

Pros: Safe, Clean and super well located. People at a the reception is really nice and helpful; the Italian guy who does the wine tasting is really good and the rest ok. Breakfast is good for 4€ Cons: The kitchen is a joke so don’t plan to use it (they just have that to be called hostel), you have to pay for lockers, the hostel is super big so difficult to make connections. You can’t sleep with the noise (I like to party but no to stay in the party)

15th Oct 2018

Guys at the desk are kind of rude but overall it was great ! The bar downstairs is great!

Thank you for leaving us a review! we are sorry you had a bad experience with some of our staff members, being travelers themselves they are always ready to help others and talk about experiences and give you tips for future travel plans! We are happy to see you had a good time in our amazing bar! See you next time!

• diannecardinal7924
  • USA, Female, 41+
12th Oct 2018

I traveled to Barcelona after completing the Camino. I wanted an economical place where I could rest not have to get up and out by 8 am each morning. St Christopher’s was an excellent option. The cubicle provided privacy and space to store my things. The staff were a wealth of information... very helpful. I even ate dinner- the burgers and fries were excellent. It is central to the city close to public transportation. Economical safe clean central to the city. A perfect option on a budget.

Thank you for leaving us such a great review about your time with us here in Barcelona! We are really happy to see that we ticked every box for you! We hope to see you again in the future!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Oct 2018
6.0

The only really good thing about this hostel is it’s amazing location. There’s a heavy emphasis to socialise in their rather expensively priced bar that is open to the public (a hostel worker even warned us about pickpockets!). My room smelt of sewage and it was only on my fifth night that a staff member acted upon my complaints which I made every day about the odour. It’s a giant and impersonal hostel; the staff are ok but they’re dealing with a lot of people. I wouldn’t go here again.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay with us! We are really sorry to see you bad some bad experiences with us, we do host a lot of events in our bar like cocktail masterclasses, beer pong tournaments, wine and cheese tastings and all of these events are totally free. There is also the nightly welcome meeting with free Sangria, we host these events to bring all of the backpackers together whether they are travelling in a group or going solo. We are sorry about your issue in the room, generally speaking these issues get dealt with immediately and we will speak with the staff to see what happened as nothing had been reported on these specific dates. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

• Doll7777
  • Saudi Arabia, Male, 25-30
10th Oct 2018
6.0

The girl in the reception was a nice she helped me with some tips but the guy in the bar was so rude I asked hem for change and he just was awful and he smash the table after that he told me I don’t have change ?!!? If you don’t have just tell me and I understand Also they take 20 E for late check out

Thank you for leaving us a review about your stay with us here in Barcelona! We are happy to see you had a good interaction with our reception team however really sorry about the incident with the bar staff! We will make sure to speak to the staff member to see what went wrong. If the late check out is not previously organised with the reception we can charge the price of one night which is stated in your terms and conditions. We are sorry if this caused you any inconvenience! We hope to see you again in the future!

• tomfitz9281
  • England, Male, 25-30
7th Oct 2018

The best hostel experience I have had anywhere - I met so many different people and the bar was always social. Can't recommend enough.

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are really happy to see you had a good time with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future!

• adiberkowitz11353
  • Israel, Female, 25-30
5th Oct 2018

Excellent hostel. Great location, great staff, great facilities

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
5th Oct 2018

Outstanding hostel, I would or will comeback for a weekend.

• klocey1222
  • USA, Female, 18-24
4th Oct 2018
4.6

I was ready to leave by the time I checked out. A male staff member came into the shower room while my friend and I were drying off and told us we were not allowed to have the door shut (even though this meant no privacy on a busy and mixed floor). Another also told us we were not allowed to be in the common room before it had closed. The bar felt like a club where men who admitted they came there to hit on women hung out. Wouldn’t recommend to solo or small group travelers, especially femmes.

• Michelle2986
  • Mexico, Female, 31-40
3rd Oct 2018

I LOVED St. Christopher’s❤️ The location is everything!! steps away from Plaça Catalunya. And only a few minutes away from Las ramblas and the beach. The metro is right in front of the hostel which was so convenient. The beds are super comfortable and the privacy curtains are great. I booked the 12 bed female dorm room which came with 2 private showers and 2 toilets, which were always clean and the housekeepers came daily to clean. I can’t rant how amazing this hostel is the staff are great ❤️

×