St Christopher's Edinburgh

Fabulous 6550 Total Reviews

• gaboraerial3380
  • USA, Male, 18-24
18th Aug 2018

Cool hostel with a nice restaurant on the first floor. Check in is a little slow however. Laundry is free which is a nice perk.

• hayleykn9722
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Aug 2018

Had a great time at Christophers Inn. I stayed in an 18 bed dorm and at first I thought it would be a nightmare but it was really great! The beds all have curtains which block the light and everyone was relatively quite for so many people being in the room. I only woke up a couple of times to snoring. The bathroom in the room blocked out the sound so I had no trouble with bathroom noises or toilet flushes. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff were not very friendly though.

15th Aug 2018

Great staff, location and amenities!

Thanks for the amazing review. We hope to see you again next time you're in town. Safe travels and take care!

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
8.0

The location is great. If you pay through their website you get breakfast included. Cleaning could be better- when I arrived to the dorm my bed was unmade and looked like it hadn’t been changed. I had to say twice to staff to get it changed. Even after ‘changed’ it seemed like it was just the same bed but folded up a bit. Bit annoying as I had been up late working on a dissertation and wanted to catch up on some sleep after check in.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time for leaving us your thoughts. We apologies for the issues you've encountered while checking into your room. We hope you've had an amazing time exploring the city. Safe travels and take care!

• eme290hotmailcom
  • Ireland, Male, 41+
10th Aug 2018

The Staff were great location great all round great place ,would stay again for sure!!

• allstar_073
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
10th Aug 2018
6.3

Good location. Very noisy at night. Old and outdated beds and bathrooms.

Hi guest, Thanks for reviewing your stay with us. We're sorry you found it noisy with the hustle and bustle of Fringe Festival around our central location, we offer free ear plugs at reception to combat this. Safe travels! Kind regards, Jenn and the St Christopher's Edinburgh team

• wearmouthsimon8121
  • England, Male, 31-40
9th Aug 2018
7.7

This hostel is in a very good stop right in the middle of the city It is nice inside but the staff were a little poor on customer service as when I got there they had lost my booking and left me standing for 20min before sorting it out. I that time I was left to feel unwelcome so was very unhappy with that. Overall I would recommend the place but I feel it was a little over priced at £30 a night it was worth more £20 Score it 6/10 but 10/10 for location

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with our staff upon check in. Occasionally, errors occur when external booking sites do not configure with our operating systems. This problem can be overcome, it just takes a little longer than a normal check in. We understand that this is no fault of your own and are sorry to hear you felt unwelcome during your wait. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Safe travels and kind regards, Jenn and the St Christopher's Edinburgh team

3rd Aug 2018
8.0

If you want to be in center of Old Town, this is the spot. Staff was nice. Had a slow draining shower and someone came up within 20 minutes. Free laundry. Downsides: there wasn’t a great atmosphere to meet other hostels. The “chill out room” is not central and is kind of Danky. There are 2 bars at the entrance but they cater to the whole public. Good if you’re with some folks but felt impersonal as a solo traveler. Overall, pretty good hostel, just come prepared with £2 for key deposit :)

Thanks for the great review. I'm sorry if you felt it difficult to meet people. We do have a bunch of different activities to help our guests meet each other. I'm sorry if you missed it. We are trying to organise more and more to help our solo travellers. Thanks you for the feedback. We're always trying to improve. We hope your travels are bringing you on grand adventures.

• alexcaplan7591
  • England, Male, 31-40
2nd Aug 2018
3.7

Really terrible. It was literally the worst nights sleep I have ever had. Room was cramped, incredibly hot and smelt horrendously. The en suite bathroom smelt worse. Felt like they had taken a one bed room and shoved as many bunks in as they possibly could. The location is good but I don't really care. You're not going to enjoy the city if you feel horrific from a lack of sleep.

• sierahaug5417
  • USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2018

I had a great experience at St. Christopher's. They had free laundry which was great! The hostel was clean, in a safe and convenient area, and fairly quiet for where it was located. Everyone staying in my room was very respectful.

×