Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Fabulous 6204 Total Reviews

• seblew
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
18th Jul 2018

We booked a private room for 2 with less than a week until our check in date. It cost us around €45 each for the privacy, security, ensuite and amazing cleanliness with access to bicycle hire and a bus less than 3 minutes from the hostel. VERY good value in my opinion. The staff were great but only 4/5 because there wasn’t much interaction with them. Everyone spoke English so +1 there. 4/5 for atmos because we didn’t spend much time there. 4/5 for location because 30 minute walk to central Dam.

17th Jul 2018
7.1

Room did not appear the same as advertised. It looked like it hadn’t been renovated since the 70s. No AC, which would have been fine except for the tiny window that barely opened, so even when it was cool outside it was hot in the room. You must pay an extra 5€ for a towel, they won’t rent or lend you one, same situation with locks. Hostel is very large with lots of people, which doesn’t foster as social of an atmosphere with solo travelers.

• bear91
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
15th Jul 2018

Great location, very clean and the dorms were nice and comfy. Only con was that there are no fans, so when it’s warm the rooms get quite hot and might be uncomfortable for some but wasn’t an issue for us. Staff are really friendly and helpful for organising trips out I.e pub crawl and tours. Would definitely recommend and shall stay again when I visit Amsterdam next

• michmr129509
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
15th Jul 2018
7.1

Everything about our one night stay was great besides the fact that the pictures of the room I was expecting on staying in were totally false. I booked a double twin bed and ended up sleeping in a far back building with 2 bunk beds that looked like a closet from the 1970s. Don’t get me wrong it was clean and we had our own private bathroom and shower but don’t be fooled by the photos this place advertises with!

12th Jul 2018
7.7

I was placed in the wrong room by an inept employee during my check-in process; the following morning I was woken by another staff member, saying I had to pack my things immediately, and meet her down at the lobby to be reassigned. Because this was their error, I was offered a free coffee or soft-drink at the bar 🙄 definitely one of the worst experiences I've had (I've stayed at 60+ hostel locations across Europe), which is a shame because StayOkay Vondelpark is truly a very nice hostel!

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Jul 2018

Very lovely atmosphere in the hostel, great bar and cafe area with the best priced drinks in the Dam. They showed all the World Cup matches during our stay which made us feel at home and even had decorations up. Felt very safe in our dorm and the place was exceptionally clean. 10/10 would recommend.

• adumpaaa9656
  • England, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2018

Rooms got very expensive however it was peak time. The hostel is away from the main road which means it’s very quiet in the room. Beds were stable and didn’t transfer movement Didn’t have a kitchen but overall the hostel was good

7th Jul 2018

Very very nice, I would stay again!

• tessapaterson4425
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

Great facilities and such, just a very big hostel so I found it not a very social place for solo travellers

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
5th Jul 2018

너무 사랑스러운 직원들 ❣️ 친절하다. 숙박객 대부분이 외국인. 외국인 친구들과 친해지고 싶다면, 여기에 묵으시길 추천해요. 커다란 로비를 지니고 있어요. 개인 사물함이 있었지만, 개인자물쇠가 있어야할 거 같아요. 욕실용품은 없으니 챙기셔야할거에요. 수건도 따로 구매해야해요~ 친절한 직원들과 외국인 친구들을 만나고 싶다면 추천해요! 아쉬운 점은 샤워기 수압이 약했어요ㅎㅎ.. 도르륵

×