Thailandwow

Superb 760 Total Reviews

• jenifer087465
  • Dominican Republic, Female, 18-24
15th Feb 2018

Loved the place it’s a good place to chill and it feels like you can have your own little place because the beds have curtains. Everything was always clean and everyone was really nice and it was close to a lot of things

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Feb 2018

Amazing hostel! Great chilled out atmosphere, staff were so helpful with everything, couldn’t have asked more from them. Amazing pad Thai as well.

• Dafinkinator
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2018

Great hostel. The owner Kaih sets up all of your activities which is very helpful. Only thing is if you want to see elephants he will push for a park that doesn’t have a good record for treating elephants well. I went instead to Elephant Nature Park and had a great time. I would suggest doing your own research for elephant visits. Just because it says it’s “ethical” doesn’t mean it is.

21st Jan 2018

Kai, the owner, is one of the most genuine amazing people I have met in Thailand. He cares deeply about his hostel and every single patron. The first night of my stay he cooked Pad thai for a group of us at one in the morning. Does family hostel dinners all the time and is very good at helping manage all travel and tour needs in Chiang Mai. Bathrooms are very clean and high quality, bedrooms are basic but clean.

• USA, Male, 25-30
17th Jan 2018

As an avid backpacker, I can say without a doubt that Kai is the best host I’ve ever had at a hostel. From teaching us to ride scooter to giving the entire hostel a ride to the bar in the back of his pickup, Kai was always willing and able to accommodate. He clearly puts his life into making Chiang Mai the best experience for everyone one of his guest. I would absolutely recommend Chiang Mai and thailandwow to any backpacker that enjoys a great atmosphere and an amazing host.

Henry you are so nice! Thank you very much for your beautiful words. You'll be always welcome as a member of the Thailandwow family. Come back to visit me anytime! Travel safe and enjoy! Big hugs, Khai.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
15th Jan 2018

Khai is an amazing host!! And also a very nice social atmosphere in the hostel. I checked out after a day because for me unfortunately the bed was rock-hard so couldnt get a decent sleep. But the atmosphere is really good in this hostel :)

Dear guest, thanks to be so kind! I try my best to help you having a good stay in Chiang Mai! Recently we add new soft matresses, thanks for your suggestion. Hope that if you have the opportunity to come back you'll enjoy Thailandwow at its best! Hugs, Khai.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
12th Jan 2018
6.6

We were underwhelmed after reading such positive reviews. Doors did not lock and lockers were tiny, so no sense of security. AC did not work and beds were very hard (despite extra pad given). This would have been okay if the social scene were more positive, but the vibe was odd. The walls and doors were covered in passive aggressive notes stating rules. The common room closed at 10:30 (with a penalty for bringing outside drinks). We were there on Saturday/Sunday night, not much socializing.

Hi, thanks for sharing your opinion. I am sorry that you didn't find your desired environment, sometimes vibes can change and maybe you weren't lucky these days. About lockers we will take your opinion into consideration. Meanwhile we followed your review and decided to add new soft matresses to make people sleep better. AC is working only during night time to save energy to be environmental friendly. The common area is closing after 10:30 pm or later sometimes, but doors are always opened to come back at any hour, Thailandwow is a warm relaxing hostel not a party one. Hope you are having a good trip, cheers, Khai.

11th Jan 2018

Really cool place and a great place to hangout. The staff is the best part. They are so nice and helpful. Kye is a great guy and can help you with travel plans. Beds are not the best but I’ve seen worse.

Thanks, we appreciate your review and recently we add new matresses to improve sleeping quality. Travel safe and enjoy! Hugs, Khai.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018

First off, the hostel's location was simply amazing. Secondly, Khai was the quite possibly the most helpful, friendly, patient, understanding, and humble hostel managers/owner I've ever met. The world needs more people like him. I'm not kidding. The hostel itself was great. The rooms and showers were extremely clean, and the staff were so friendly. There's no way I would ever stay anywhere else in Chiang Mai. If I could give a rating higher than 10, I absolutely would.

1st Jan 2018

This hostel is incredibly amazeballs! The environment- and decor- is fun and super friendly, ideal for a solo traveler. I've met a bunch of wonderful people in just two nights. The reviews told me Kai was great but no words to describe how good hearted the man is. He's so kind and patient and truly cares that your itinerary (which he'll organize and book with you start to finish) is exactly what you want to do. Forever remembering this place with warm memories.

Thank you very much Nina for your nice review. You are always welcome at Thailndwow. Big Hugs, Khai.

×