The Backpack Cape Town

2 Guests

Superb 2212 Total Reviews
Superb 2212 Total Reviews

25th Dec 2017

Backpackers was my second hostel I’ve ever stayed in but it set the bar pretty high. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the guest are just as amazing. Great atmosphere overall. I would go to Cape and stay here forsure. I’m also recommending for fellow travelers I met along my journey.

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
19th Dec 2017

This place is the real deal! If you are looking for, a kind staff, lots of places to hang around in and meet new people, large comfortable dorms, great tour booking, this is the place! It’s SO easy to meet people here! Also because it’s so chil and cozy. In danish; hygge!

• England, Female, 31-40
17th Dec 2017

we had an amazing three days staying with you. It was a great location with friendly and helpful staff. A great introduction to staying in Cape Town. I accidentally left my credit card at the bar and went out for the day. Andrew tried really hard to get a message to me to let me know they had it in the safe so I didn't cancel it. Thanks for you help with that!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Dec 2017

Staff and atmosphere was amazing!

Thanks so much for the great score. Wishing you a very merry Festive Season The Backpack Team

4th Dec 2017

Always a reliable good stay in Cape Town!

Thanks so much for taking your time to review us. Wishing you an awesome Festive Season The Backpack Team

29th Nov 2017

Gr8 place

25th Nov 2017
8.0

I really wish they wouldn't allow smoking in the hostel. A lot of the hostel is outdoors, so people take that as an invitation to just smoke wherever, and the smell is CONSTANT. It even permeates the furniture and walls, and gave me a near constant headache. My room was clean, but it was super dark and had a mildew smell to it. It was very secure though, and was cleaned daily. Staff was very friendly, but probably wouldn't stay here again though because of the smoke.

25th Nov 2017

Good staff, tasty breakfast!!

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Nov 2017

Absolutely amazing hostel not only the place but the staff I was supposed to stay 2 days and 12 days later I left with a broken heart big thank you to everybody there and making the start of my trip in South Africa perfect.

7th Nov 2017
7.1

This my third stay here and sadly I can say they have let their standards slip. The location is perfect, but it has lost what made it special, in my opinion. The breakfast used to be a small cooked breakfast made to order or yogurt fruit and oats but now it's continental and plain. The staff didn't seem as happy and interactive with the guests as on my previous visits. One person had his rental car damaged and hub caps stolen. The pool was dirty. I had given 10/10 previously

Hi there. Thank you for returning to our hostel and giving us this feedback. Although, it is never great receiving bad reviews, we learn where we need to improve to make our guests have a more pleasant stay. In the past, our cooked breakfasts were not selling and this free continental style breakfast with a larger variety has seemed to be received better by all our guests. Unfortunately, the parking outside our hostel is a public space and we try our best to keep it as safe as possible. We do apologise that you found our pool dirty; we have a regular pool service assuring our standards are kept high. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team

×