Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card 1 week prior to arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
The following group types are not accepted by this hostel: Junior / Primary School, Stag/Hen/Bachelor Party If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel."
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
It was opened in June 2015 in order to help finance the organisation’s sustainable architecture projects. The hostel is a great place to welcome our friends and families as well as the students and volunteers who work with C-re-aid. It is also a fine destination for you to stay and really enjoy your time in Moshi, Tanzania. Check out our rooms and fares and decide whether you want to enjoy the comfort of a bed or camp in one of our tents.
The Backyard Hostel offers you the opportunity to play volleyball or badminton, relax in a hammock, make a barbecue or simply enjoy a cold drink at our bar. So even if you don’t spend the night, you are most welcome! We are located just outside of Moshi city, in a vibrant area called Rau, so it is both calm and easy to reach. And if you want to enjoy a night out in one of the city’s bars and clubs, the hostel is a great starting point. It is an easy walk to town, to the nearest pool and to many local restaurants and pubs. Local buses stop next to our hostel and can take you to town in a few minutes! We are located next to the Rau main road and taxis find us easily!
Follow us on social media and don’t miss out on great offers and activities. We also offer our guests day trips, safaris and Kilimanjaro climbs through a renown local partner, True Views Tanzania. And remember, by choosing The Backyard you contribute to the implementation of our development projects.
We hope to see you soon at The Backyard Hostel!
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Linen Included
- Towels Included
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Ceiling Fan
- Children's Play Area
- Common Room
- Hot Showers
- Outdoor Terrace
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Steam Room
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Express check-in / out
- Internet Access
- Late check-out
- Laundry Facilities
- Luggage Storage
- Towels for hire
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Board Games
- Credit Cards Accepted
- No Curfew
- Pet Friendly
- Taxes Included
Things to Note
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before arrival.
Payment in cash upon arrival.
Check in from 09:00 to 18:00.
Checkout before 11:00.
When arriving outside of these hours please contact our staff.
Laundry service included.
Breakfast NOT included. Available for 3$ per person.
Please let us know at what time you will be arriving so that we can be
ready to welcome you in the best possible way. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions and request!
Hostelworld Mobile Apps
Book on the go with the new Hostelworld mobile apps.
Search and book more than 36,000 properties in over 170 countries, from anywhere.
Please enter the password for the account <% email %>