The Beehive

• macksbackpack
  • USA, Couple, 31-40
8th Jun 2018
7.7

We enjoyed our stay here. Not in the best part of town, but you wouldn't know it because it feels secluded from all the mess near Termini Station. A lot of other hostels in the same area. We actually stayed in another location before relocating to Beehive for our last night in Rome. It was definitely a step up from our previous accommodation. Decent value. Clean and comfy. Quiet and secure.

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! There are a lot of wonderful businesses and things to see in our neighborhood, but with only one night, I'm afraid you didn't get a chance to see or experience any of it. Next time you're in Rome, and if you stay with us again, I'd be very happy to take you on an orientation tour of the neighborhood to show you what's around here.

• USA, Couple, 41+
27th May 2018

The Beehive has always been my preferred choice of stay when in Rome. Amenities are plentiful; staff is always helpful and courteous and it has a wonderful mix of accommodation options for the single and family traveler. Nearness to all forms of urban travel means is a real plus and it is an excellent respite to relax, mix with others in comfortable social settings while feeling at home and secure. Can’t recommend enough and I have.

24th May 2018

Excellent location, just down the road from Rome Termini. Reasonably quiet at night (for that part of town anyway!).

• petersondebra652767
  • USA, Female, 41+
23rd May 2018

Very nice hostel with an accommodating, friendly staff. They offered many activities such as cooking classes and meals together with the other guests. Very friendly family-like atmosphere. I would definitely stay there again.

22nd May 2018
7.1

I was little disappointed because there was no atmosphere at all. Also first time where at the breakfast everything has their own price. Also if you want to leave your luggage there for awhile after you do your check out you have to pay 2e for it (if I understood correctly). It's not much money but for me that is first hostel where you have to pay for it.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with our atmosphere. We're not a party hostel, but we have social events every evening (during the day the majority of our guests are out exploring the city). However, for a small place like ours, atmosphere is as changeable as the weather - every day and every week is different depending on the guests staying here at the time. We had our family style dinners taking place in our kitchen the two evenings you were here which are a nice way to get to know others in the hostel, but you did not participate. I'm not sure what your comment is about our breakfast. We do not have a breakfast buffet nor do we say we do. There is a menu where items are à la carte and you can order what you want and it's made to order by our breakfast chef. We are a small hostel with limited space and don't think that charging €2 to hold onto someone's luggage all day after they have already checked out is an unreasonable amount. There are other hostels in our neighborhood who request luggage storage fees not only at check-out but also upon arrival which we don't do.

• England, Female, 31-40
20th May 2018

I would highly recommend this hostel. The location is perfect and the interior is beautiful.Very helpful and happy staff which makes a huge difference. Rooms were spotless and the ambiance was super relaxing and welcoming. Big thumbs up!

20th May 2018

Staff was very helpful and nice

• kuglerm119841
  • USA, Male, 18-24
20th May 2018

Nice place. Very quite, no parties so go elsewhere for that. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Some bathrooms quite small, but not an issue. Very nice people, everyone speaks good English. Very far walk (1 hour) from Vatican, 30 minutes by train. Not an issue if you are aware. Termini neighborhood is not nice, being as it is near the main train station. Overall was a fantastic experience, would stay there again.

Thanks for your kind comments and I'm glad to hear you would stay with us again. No, we're not a party hostel, but we have low-key social events every evening including the aperitivo evening we had the first evening you were here and the family style dinner the other nights of your stay. The Vatican is indeed on the other side of the city from us across the river, but hopefully, most people when researching their time in Rome know that the Vatican is not in the center of Rome. We are starting orientation tours of our neighborhood next month to try to improve the image of our area which I think is much maligned. This is unfortunate because there are wonderful places & people in our neighborhood which also happens to be quite handy being next to Termini station and all public transit.

• amymcoetzee7162
  • Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
11th May 2018

Our stay here was wonderful in every way. The staff/service was very kind and helpful, the facilities were clean and modern, the beds and pillows were super comfortable, and the check in/out process could not have been easier. Thank you for a great stay! Would not hesitate to book here again. We were originally considering an Airbnb but I'm really glad we chose the Beehive instead. Also, highly recommend the nearby cafe/restaurant, Amedeo Ristorante, for tiramisu and aperol spritz!

• prhazell1519
  • England, Male, 41+
9th May 2018

Lovely hostel . My only concern was the room doors did not lock , but then access from outside the building was very secure . It just depends on the honesty of those who are staying at the venue . The bunks were comfortable and my room sharers were respectful and quiet . The staff were excellent and I would definitely stay again .

Rooms do lock and we have three sets of doors to get into guest's rooms. Plus, there are lockers to store valuables in all the rooms.

×