The Beehive

Superb 383 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 383 Total Reviews

23rd Aug 2018

My stay at the beehive was nice. Check in was easy and staff was friendly and helpful. Although people mention the area being “rough”, I didn’t feel unsafe. They make sure the rooms are secure. The atmosphere is quiet. I had a room in the sweets, which is in a different building and was empty a majority of the time. I enjoy quiet hostels but a sense of community was lacking. They also advertise daily breakfast, but when i went, within the time, there was no breakfast served. Still a great stay!

Hi Lauren. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay and we're glad you had a good time. The cafe is open every day from 7:30 to 10:30 and was definitely open during your stay, so I don't know what you mean by your comment. August is considered a very slow month in Rome so the floor you were on (which is in the same building but has its own separate entrance from our reception) was pretty quiet. However, on Thursday we did a pasta making class. On Friday we had a communal dinner, and on Saturday we had drinks in the garden - all things that I don't think you participated in. We do our best to create atmosphere and the opportunity to socialize, but it's up to guests to actually be social to benefit from it.

• ricardo2681
  • USA, Male, 41+
22nd Aug 2018

I loved the BeeHive. It is a world class Hostel where the ambiance is friendly, homey and easy going. Steve, the owner and manager, was very friendly, available and helpful with any Q&A. Occupancy was low as I was explained that Rome, as the capital of Italy, has everyone leaving on vacation instead everyone arriving on vacation. The kitchen and conversation room were excellent and I met some very interesting people whom gave me great advice for my upcoming stops on my trip. Would stay again!

• lenasgruber7738
  • Austria, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2018

Nice rooms and very like very very clean Don’t know about the atmosphere tho, while I was there I hardly saw anyone

• robertbruce9156
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
12th Aug 2018

Great place! Rooms were clean, friendly staff, very close to Termini station daily take the metro to the Vatican, coliseum, or a quick walk to the opera house. Only minor thing would be the washrooms could have been a little more cleaner.

Thanks for your kind words and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry to read your comment about the bathrooms though as we are very particular about the cleaning and our housekeeping is here every morning. During the rest of the day, whoever is working at reception checks on the bathrooms from time to time during their shift. Unfortunately, from 11pm to 7am we are closed so if a guest uses the bathroom and is less than considerate, I'm afraid we can't do anything about it until the following morning. Thankfully, it doesn't sound like whatever happened affected your stay with us though! Thank you again for your positive comments and hope you'll come and stay with us again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Aug 2018

I absolutely loved the Beehive! Truly felt like home. Incredibly clean, homey vibe, comfy beds, good location (2 min walk from termini) and 15 minute walk to sights like the colosseum, Roman forum etc, great staff and Steve’s cooking lessons were the best! Would stay again.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Aug 2018

I had a wonderful stay at the Beehive. It's located just minutes from Termini station, and the rooms are large and spacious. There are individual power sockets for each bed, and a locker too. The atmosphere was a little quiet when I was there, but of course that's no fault of the hostel. You can purchase breakfast every morning, and it's always tasty! Only down side is that guests can't use the kitchen - but you'd probably want to eat out every night whilst in Rome anyway!

9th Jul 2018

Great stay at the BeeHive! Welcoming environment, friendly staff, good location near train station, clean facilities (female dorm), and wonderful pasta making class. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2018

Lovely hostel located close to the station! The rooms were super clean and I slept so well during my stay there. Highly recommend it to all.

• amiraahyeesima1970
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2018

I loved staying at the beehive! It was clean, relaxing, friendly and the staff were amazing definitely would recommend it! 😁

• louisefrost09027456
  • England, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2018

Absolutely love the beehive. Second time staying here, and recommend it to all my friends. Thank you so much for such a fantastic stay and a very special thank you to the cook on Tuesday evening- the food was delicious!

×