The Beehive

9.3
Superb 383 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
18th Jun 2018

This hostel was conveniently located near the train station/metro station. It was extremely clean and I never had to wait to use one of the bathrooms/showers. While I stayed there, there were several families staying with children and grandparents. It was silent after 9 pm. If you are looking for a family friendly hostel, this is a great option. If you are looking to hang out at the end of the day and have a beer with other people you meet in the hostel, this might not be the best option.

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2018

Had a great time in Beehive. Staffs are really nice, bathrooms were cleaned. I loved it!

12th Jun 2018

Great location, very close to city center. Close to the termini train station which was a plus for me after 12+ hours of travel. Cute little cafes very clean rooms and bathrooms. I felt comfortable there. The neighborhood is pretty relaxed which is nice but still close enough to the busier areas. Great restaurants and bars in the neighborhood.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2018

I got robbed out the front on this hostel on my way to the train station at 6am, they have no one at reception during this time so I was unable to get any help!! The area is not very safe, I knew this before staying there, so you’d think they’d have 24 hr reception... Other than that it was a nice hostel, clean and good common areas.

• macksbackpack
  • USA, Couple, 31-40
8th Jun 2018
7.7

We enjoyed our stay here. Not in the best part of town, but you wouldn't know it because it feels secluded from all the mess near Termini Station. A lot of other hostels in the same area. We actually stayed in another location before relocating to Beehive for our last night in Rome. It was definitely a step up from our previous accommodation. Decent value. Clean and comfy. Quiet and secure.

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! There are a lot of wonderful businesses and things to see in our neighborhood, but with only one night, I'm afraid you didn't get a chance to see or experience any of it. Next time you're in Rome, and if you stay with us again, I'd be very happy to take you on an orientation tour of the neighborhood to show you what's around here.

• USA, Couple, 41+
27th May 2018

The Beehive has always been my preferred choice of stay when in Rome. Amenities are plentiful; staff is always helpful and courteous and it has a wonderful mix of accommodation options for the single and family traveler. Nearness to all forms of urban travel means is a real plus and it is an excellent respite to relax, mix with others in comfortable social settings while feeling at home and secure. Can’t recommend enough and I have.

24th May 2018

Excellent location, just down the road from Rome Termini. Reasonably quiet at night (for that part of town anyway!).

• petersondebra652767
  • USA, Female, 41+
23rd May 2018

Very nice hostel with an accommodating, friendly staff. They offered many activities such as cooking classes and meals together with the other guests. Very friendly family-like atmosphere. I would definitely stay there again.

22nd May 2018
7.1

I was little disappointed because there was no atmosphere at all. Also first time where at the breakfast everything has their own price. Also if you want to leave your luggage there for awhile after you do your check out you have to pay 2e for it (if I understood correctly). It's not much money but for me that is first hostel where you have to pay for it.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with our atmosphere. We're not a party hostel, but we have social events every evening (during the day the majority of our guests are out exploring the city). However, for a small place like ours, atmosphere is as changeable as the weather - every day and every week is different depending on the guests staying here at the time. We had our family style dinners taking place in our kitchen the two evenings you were here which are a nice way to get to know others in the hostel, but you did not participate. I'm not sure what your comment is about our breakfast. We do not have a breakfast buffet nor do we say we do. There is a menu where items are à la carte and you can order what you want and it's made to order by our breakfast chef. We are a small hostel with limited space and don't think that charging €2 to hold onto someone's luggage all day after they have already checked out is an unreasonable amount. There are other hostels in our neighborhood who request luggage storage fees not only at check-out but also upon arrival which we don't do.

• England, Female, 31-40
20th May 2018

I would highly recommend this hostel. The location is perfect and the interior is beautiful.Very helpful and happy staff which makes a huge difference. Rooms were spotless and the ambiance was super relaxing and welcoming. Big thumbs up!

×