The Lazy Muggle

8.8
Fabulous 2512 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Nov 2018

Overall a decent stay and majority of staff were great. On arrival I was asked to pay in cash only (who doesn’t take card these days?) and the person checking me on did not know where a cash point was. After a long journey I then had to go and wander to find somewhere - I would recommend accepting card payments in future!

• delaneyswalker7017
9th Nov 2018

The hostel was smaller than others I stayed at and this gave it a very nice atmosphere! The common areas very cute and the 24hr reception desk and staff were very nice and helpful! Lots of female staff, great place for female travelers to stay! Location was next to the Basilica and made it easy to walk to all the major landmarks! Front desk also had many services that were super helpful (you could buy public transportation tickets, tickets to the baths and a boat party, also free towels).

Thank you for your kind words! We especially loved, that you mentioned we are a smaller scale hostel. (We have 40 beds in total.) We also think its ideal as there are people to meet with, still it remains somewhat personal. We would be honored if you would come back sometime in the future and we wish all the best for your travels!

• akatz267559
7th Nov 2018

The staff were helpful but sometimes slow. EVERYTHING IS CASH. THIS IS NOT SAID ANYWHERE. That being said, would totally stay again. They had activities including dinners and pub crawls going all the time and towels are free which you dont always find. Great vibes just Cash only!!!

Dear guest! We are happy that you had a good time in our place. Im sorry, you did not know about the fact that you can only pay by cash for your stay. However it is VERY CLEARLY mentioned on Hostelworld amongst our policies. I recommend you to check the policies section in the future when booking. Actually as we are a small business offering economy accommodation in the most expensive, safest and best area of the city, being cash only is just a way of saving money on banking fees to keep the cost of our beds down. Its sad to say, but even very small differences matter when staying on the market and competing with large hostel chains. We wish all the best for your future travels, The Lazy Muggle.

• courtneyalexa8907
  • England, Female, 18-24
5th Nov 2018

Honestly an absolutely brilliant hostel. All the staff were so friendly, my friend forgot to bring an adapter and they gave him one. I needed a hair dryer, they gave me it. They showed us how to use the filter coffee machine (you get to use the tea and coffee for free which is also brilliant). I could write so much about the place and the hostel but it'd be too big of a review. All the staff were amazing, the hostel is great and the location was amazing.☺️

Thanks for your kind words, we are very happy, that you choose to stay with us! Hope to see you sometime again... All the Best for your travels, The Lazy Muggle

• taylorchaffetz6342
1st Nov 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at the Lazy Muggle! Its a very small, cute hostel in a great area. The staff was really friendly and the atmosphere was great--they offered a 2 hour party boat one night that I was there. My only complaints are that there was no breakfast and the walls were pretty thin.

• DakMan3
  • England, Male, 18-24
29th Oct 2018

Amazing hostel with great staff, felt like staying at home.

• utshasingh3379
  • USA, Male, 18-24
16th Oct 2018

I had an amazing time staying at The Lazy Muggle in Budapest. There was a positive vibe throughout the hostel. The staff was very friendly and informative. The staff performs bar crawls and many events to entertain their guests. I went on the bar crawl and party boat with Darren and had a great time both nights. I highly recommend choosing this hostel!

• Denmark, Couple, 25-30
16th Oct 2018

The lazy muggle is the place you'd want to stay if you want to feel at home at your new destination. The place is extremely cozy and has a very social environment. The facilities are alright, I always wish for curtains on the beds when living in hostels, but it was fine this time because my boyfriend and I had their four bed room to ourselves. I really can't complain about my stay. Only thing I really noticed is that the carpet in the living room could really use a brushing or two-so many hairs!

• dkwan46469
  • USA, Male, 18-24
15th Oct 2018

Great staff and friendly people there! I was able to meet a lot of people from all over the world and had a really good time. Reception desk was also super helpful and in terms of location - not too far from the main squares :)

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Oct 2018

Really great atmosphere in the hostel, and perfect location to explore the city. Would highly recommend staying here, it's a good base to relax in the day and there are fun organized events every night of the week!

×