The Local NYC

Fabulous 2465 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th May 2018
6.6

Nothing special about this hostel, but decent for one night stay

14th May 2018
6.3

Asked for an extra pillow I was told they were fully booked,even for one pillow?At the bar you can find food delivery book with a lot of options but when I tried to order asking at the bar staff he replied saying “That’s none of my business you have to call it yourself and walked away”,(obviously I do not have a Us sim so I won’t be able to call and I went to get delivery somewhere else under the rain thanks!)No hangers in the room, rusted shower. Only girls from reception were really nice.

14th May 2018

Cool comfy place to stay....easy to meet folk and chat at their bar...I oh one annoying feature which I was reminded of from my stay here last year....the staff play their music or tv show too loud in the common area. Ok for the bar..but some folk want a quieter space to chill or work!

• kylemkoster3262
  • USA, Male, 25-30
12th May 2018
8.0

Really friendly staff. Comfortable beds, stable bunks, clean rooms. Ensuite bathroom collected water in the floor and developed a strong mildew odor. Good vibe downstairs although not as vibrant as I would expect. Prices reasonable. There were some creepy local dudes trying to take girls out at the bar. Easy access to E F and N trains to get you to the main tourist attractions or whatever else you need to do in the city, but a long commute to go out at night.

• matt2845
  • USA, Male, 31-40
9th May 2018

I've stayed in a few hostels in NYC, this one was top notch. Bar and cafe in the lobby, cheap drinks, and great coffee! The room was really clean, and the linens were fresh. I had some really great conversations with the front desk staff as well, they made some good suggestions on what to do (and what to avoid) in New York. Neighborhood was safe, and train was like right there. Highly recommended, and I'll definitely be back.

• kennyfroome3423
  • England, Male, 25-30
6th May 2018

The hostel it’s self was great very good. Clean the lot. Top notch. However had some strange people in my room. But you get that.

6th May 2018
8.0

Pretty nice hostel. It was super annoying though that after i spent $50+ on a bed in dorm that they charged $1 for each bag you left in storage even for only a day. Never seen a hostel do that if you had stayed there. Its just petty and annoying. Otherwise its a nice hostel in NYC though there wasnt much vibe while i was there and its definitely overpriced.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
5th May 2018
8.0

Overall good experience - I'll come back for sure however, I would like to see extra security to ensure that individuals can't invite people into the shared rooms.

• serena_starre6883
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
4th May 2018

I had a pleasant stay. I’ll definitely come back.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
4th May 2018

I think is one of the best hostals I have ever stayed They were really helpful and friendly. I had an issue with my booking and they resolved everything for me, the subway is 5 minutes away with a closer supermarket, donkin donuts, licour stores and plenty of places to eat without the higher price of Manhattan Also in the kitchen they have free food! So have a look because things like pasta or cereals are given :)

×