The Magic Wave

8.1
Fabulous 211 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2018

Had a great stay here! The staff is super nice and very helpful, also the rooms were good. Only negative aspect were the bathrooms, because they were really old and not very clean. But everything else was amazing! Thanks !

Hi, Thank you ;) , yes you are right, you stayed in the last room where we must renovate the bathroom, we know it is a little bit old, we will change it soon. We ask our staff to clean the bathroom 3 times a day, but do not hesitate to ask for an extra cleaning if needed :)

25th Jun 2018
8.0

Very helpful and friendly staff, lovely hostel, 2 minute walk from a lovely beach. About a 10/15 minute walk to bars etc. WiFi wasn’t great however Florian tried his best to fix which I really appreciated! Thought it was quite expensive at the hostel. All very clean. One day the bin were not emptied luckily it was my last day. ✌🏼 Other than that was happy with my Choice for the full moon party. Had a great time. One final thing the have the cutest puppy!

Thank you ;), happy you had a good time !

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2018
4.9

Poor location. Beach is nice but unable to swim as too shallow. Hard to find the hostel as the access route has recently changed. Very very basic room. Unclean bathroom. Shower curtain down. When we returned to the room the beds and lockers were moved (the lockers could be physically removed as they were a portable wooden cabinet - the keys didn’t work). Nice bar setup. However lacking in atmosphere. It seemed like people would drink elsewhere.

• davidwisdom
  • England, Couple, 18-24
10th Jun 2018

Really good! Staff really friendly and helpful, nice pool and really clean everywhere, only problem is everyone has the same key for the lockers so for example my number 8 key unlocks everyone's locker...other than this it's perfect

Thank you ;), happy you had a nice stay with us We gonna check immediately to solve the problem of keys and lockers, thanks to tell us that ;)

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
8th Jun 2018

Great atmosphere, very relaxed, not too noisy like in some places on the main road. We booked for 1 night and finally stayed here for 5. It was really quiet and peaceful. The rooms were very clean and cleaned daily. Beach is just 1 minute walk away, you can also find some nice places around to go out in the evening. Renting a motorbike was easy and going around the island was super fun! Staff and owners are nice and they were always willing to help us ! = 10/10, thanks guys !

Hoi, hartelijk bedankt, was een plezier !

• tifennkermarec125254
  • USA, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2018

I really loved my Holliday there because the hostel is near to the beach and the owners nice . Many services are proposed, accommodations was great and quiet, the swimming pool was perfect for relax. I really enjoyed my travel and I recommend this place !

Thanks thanks thanks !

• palo28012790
  • Cuba, Female, 18-24
4th Jun 2018

I had a great time at the hostel, the owners are really nice people, the bar with the warm up and the swimming pool are very nice too ! My room was clean, the bed confortable and the hostel is close from the beach ! I enjoy my stay !

Olaaaa, muchas gracias !

• LorePersaisChapeltegui
  • Argentina, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2018

What a place !! And what team !! I stayed 5 days there for live THE Fullmoon experience and everything was good ; accommodation, beach, staff and party ! Big thanks to Alice and Florian for make me discover there univers and be so kind. The place to be in Koh Phangan !

Nothing else to say except thanks !

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
9th May 2018

Very good location, beautiful beach near by, I booked in the 8 beds room , and this room was very comfy. Thank you to the very nice and helpful staff , I recommended this place I will come back for sure !

• evaraisz4958
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
27th Apr 2018
4.9

cons: - 4 outlets in a room of 14 people - solar energy only so no hot water if it’s cloudy - lots of mosquitos - the toilet’s in the same room as the two showers with no barrier or privacy - bathroom’s not upkept/cleaned, toilet paper is rarely replaced - pool is dirty - last but not least, awful music is played from 2pm onward pros: there’s a puppy summary: the couple running the hostel are very nice but should most definitely not be in the hospitality industry. Would not recommend.

Thank you, superb comment ! I will never understand people writing comments like that...what's the project ? Do you need that to feel you alive? Do you feel smart or important ? Are you in search of power? First, i want to thank you for your advice on the professional way me and my wife must follow, wish for you you don't study HR management.. After running this business 4 years with an average rating between 8 and 9.5 all time and on every platforms ( and with a 9.0 average for the staff, which mean...us) maybe we have to follow your precious advice young girl...certainly when we got people like you, we have to take that in consideration and think about to stop everything...thank you to make us open our eyes on this situation. If you don't like warm ups and parties don't come to Koh Phangan and certainly not at full moon... For your info (maybe you was not present, maybe you got no watch or no cellphone), during the 2 warm ups, we stop the music always between midnight and 1am when everybody leave to the parties with the taxi that we organize. We really want to apologize to entertain our guest with real international dj's and with crazy bartenders/atmosphere...usually that's what our guests are expecting, but ok...you don't like You put 4 in atmosphere...we definitely did not lived the same experiment...this full moon was amazing with a very very nice group at the hostel...so really, we don't care about your judgement because we love our guests and they did a great job to put the place on fire as usual !!! For you, everything was bad...ok...( Heyyy, for the next guests...please don't come...everything is dirty and horrible ;) (specially in the 14 beds dorm with a brand new bathroom with mosaics ;-)...booooo horrible horrible. So...what else to say to you...maybe peace and love to you and your house. And last but not least, let me also give you an advice, maybe you should know yourself better and make choices that match with your expectations next time (i am not psychologist but as you i want to share my feeling and help you open your eyes on your situation).

×