The Mountain House Pokhara

Superb 267 Total Reviews

• sskinner1897008
  • England, Female, 25-30
29th Sep 2018

The first thing to say is that Stan and Indira are the kindest most welcoming people I have ever had the pleasure to stay with. We felt that the mountain house was a second home. They were incredibly helpful in advising us what to do and in organising trips for us. We went trekking with their son Nabin who is a guide who was equally as kind and ensured we had a great time. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We had everything we needed and much more. This is the best place I have ever stayed.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
26th Sep 2018

Highly recommend The Moubtsin House. I was exhausted arriving in Pokhara and was looking for a place to really relax and chill out. The house is huge, modern, clean and quiet and perfect if you’re looking for a quiet few days. The owners couldn’t do enough for me, helping me to organize bus tickets, laundry, activities for during the day and general recommendations. The location is just a little off the Main Street on a quiet road. DEFINITELY stay here.

• samimhenry2485
  • USA, Female, 31-40
26th Sep 2018

I loved my stay the The Mountain House. The room was very clean with no bugs, shower was always hot, and the bed was comfortable. It was a great place to end a trek. The location is also wonderful. It is easy to get anywhere is Pokhara. Staff is so helpful and kind. My friends stayed in another room and had some problems with ants. I did not have this issue in my room.

• cecelia_lee9654
  • USA, Couple, 18-24
16th Sep 2018

The cleanest and most comfortable rooms we have had in Nepal over the past 3 weeks. The hosts are extremely kind and will always greet you with a warm smile.

• pmooney
  • England, Couple, 25-30
12th Sep 2018

We loved Mountain House just off the main strip it is quiet and peaceful. The owner is really helpful and let us keep our bags here whilst trekking, she also rented us some walking poles. The bedroom had an attached bathroom with warm water, towels, toilet paper and c!ean bedding.

3rd Jul 2018

Loved the hostel. Rooms are big and clean, and everyday i saw people cleaning the hostel. Location is perfect, just 5min short walk from lakeside so away from noise. Host were incredible, they arranged me booking for paragliding (cheaper than agency), taxi to world peace, and bus to kathmandu. They always helpful on any activity and compared to agency they did not overcharged at all. Would definetly come back again and totally recommended

• jerstephen1568
  • USA, Male, 31-40
13th Jun 2018

The owners are very friendly and welcoming.

• emma_zhao8012
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
30th May 2018

Indira and her husband welcomed me to their home not as a guest but as a family member. They even invited me to eat with them and shared their life with me wholeheartedly! The place was very very clean and It was so great with my own bathroom as well. After coming back from the trekking, I even got upgraded into a much larger room with no extra cost! Very pleasant stay and best hosts ever. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a budget yet comfortable accommodation in Pokhara.

• lukeb
  • New Zealand, Male, 25-30
24th May 2018

Best hostel I've stayed in for all my travel. Owners are incredibly nice and go out of their way to ensure you have a comfortable stay. Can highly recommend.

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd May 2018

Located a short walk (maybe 1/4 mile) from the lake, but even closer to Rosemary Cafe, which has some great coffee and breakfast. The rooms, bed, and bathroom were very clean. Showers were hot later on in the day and in the evening (it's solar heated). Have filtered drinking water available (donations accepted). The family was very helpful in directing us around the city. When they would see us they would ask if we needed anything. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

×