The Mountain House Pokhara

Superb 257 Total Reviews
9.8
Superb 257 Total Reviews

3rd Jul 2018

Loved the hostel. Rooms are big and clean, and everyday i saw people cleaning the hostel. Location is perfect, just 5min short walk from lakeside so away from noise. Host were incredible, they arranged me booking for paragliding (cheaper than agency), taxi to world peace, and bus to kathmandu. They always helpful on any activity and compared to agency they did not overcharged at all. Would definetly come back again and totally recommended

• jerstephen1568
  • USA, Male, 31-40
13th Jun 2018

The owners are very friendly and welcoming.

• emma_zhao8012
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
30th May 2018

Indira and her husband welcomed me to their home not as a guest but as a family member. They even invited me to eat with them and shared their life with me wholeheartedly! The place was very very clean and It was so great with my own bathroom as well. After coming back from the trekking, I even got upgraded into a much larger room with no extra cost! Very pleasant stay and best hosts ever. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a budget yet comfortable accommodation in Pokhara.

• lukeb
  • New Zealand, Male, 25-30
24th May 2018

Best hostel I've stayed in for all my travel. Owners are incredibly nice and go out of their way to ensure you have a comfortable stay. Can highly recommend.

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd May 2018

Located a short walk (maybe 1/4 mile) from the lake, but even closer to Rosemary Cafe, which has some great coffee and breakfast. The rooms, bed, and bathroom were very clean. Showers were hot later on in the day and in the evening (it's solar heated). Have filtered drinking water available (donations accepted). The family was very helpful in directing us around the city. When they would see us they would ask if we needed anything. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

27th Apr 2018

First off the staff are some of the nicest people I’ve met in a long time. They will help you with anything they can and always were around when I had a question. The rooms are simple but have everything you need. The WiFi worked great and was fast enough to stream videos. It’s a couple minutes off the main strip so it’s very quiet and calm. All in all it was a great stay at a really affordable price. I would stay here again in Pokara without even looking at other places.

• LaurenMartin1
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
13th Apr 2018

The Mountain House is a hidden gem just off the Main Street of Pokhara. It is run by a lovely family who will go above and beyond to make your stay a happy one. The rooms are large and comfortable just what we needed after a few weeks trekking. They kept or belongings safe for the duration of our trek and assist you in booking buses, taxis etc. I would really recommend staying here if you are looking for a comfortable room within walking distance of everything in Pokhara.

5th Apr 2018

We had a very nice stay at the Mountain House! The location of the house is perfect with only a short walk to the main street and away from the noise. The staff was unusually kind and helpsome, and they made you feel like home. All recommendations from here!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
8th Mar 2018

Do yourself a favor and stay here my friends. The hosts are so helpful and I've never stayed in a cleaner hostel. Close to everything and they were more than happy to hold our bags while hiking

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
22nd Feb 2018

Lovely accommodation, one of the cleanest places I’ve been in Nepal! The host was very welcoming and helpful. They also stored our bags for us when trekking. A few minutes walk from the main road but really not an issue. Wouldn’t be somewhere to meet other travellers but a great good value base

×