The Times Hostel - Camden Place

Fabulous 2005 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2018
7.4

There was one female staff member who was shockingly rude! She yelled, lectured and patronised us in front of everyone at reception for another customers behaviour who was not even present or with our group. This customer came in from a night out and got into the wrong bed which was nothing to do wirh us! Otherwise great hostel and excellent location.

• adnandaur7862240
  • Pakistan, Male, 31-40
27th Jun 2018

Its a nice location and a cooperative staff with sound environment , Nice Place with reasonable price,

23rd Jun 2018
6.6

The staff member I dealt with the most was very rude. Upon the day of my checkout, I found that I was covered in bed bug bites on one side of my body. I told the person at the desk and she implied that I probably had the bites before my stay, and that since no one else had complained, the problem likely didn't exist. She also managed to lose my towel deposit, and suggested I was lying about leaving a deposit too. A different staff member was much more helpful, but would avoid this hostel!

Dear Guest, Thanks very much for staying with us and for leaving your feedback. I must say the front desk informed me immediately about your experience. Room and bed/mattress have been inspected right away and luckily there were/are not bed bugs in the room. We pay maximum attention to these matters. Please accept my apologies if any of our staff members may have appeared unconcerned, i can guarantee they were not, but, as said, we keep these matters under control. Thanks again for your feedback and i wish you all the best in the future. Fran, Hostel Manager

• turtletim8281
  • England, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2018

Very friendly staff, clean rooms with nice modern bathrooms and a great communal area. Only downside is it is fairly near a club, so you might want to bring some earplugs.

• kristijanfaukovic2242
  • Croatia, Male, 25-30
15th Jun 2018

Very nice hostel, friendly staff.

• pirosmolnar
  • Hungary, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2018

Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly! The plugs over the bed didn’t work and the bed wasn’t comfy. There is no aircondition in the room and opening the window means the extremely noisy street with drinking and shouting people is just beside your head. Staying one night was ok for me but wouldn’t stay longer. Perfect for those who come to party because it is in the center of camden with all the bars and pubs!

8th Jun 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the Times Hostel! The location can't be beat. It's close to all the bars and sites we wanted to see. I was only there for the weekend and the staff recommended a wonderful day trip by train when I first got there. The common area is not huge but they offered free beer and wine the first night which allowed us to get to know more of the guests staying there.

8th Jun 2018

Camden place is a great location to explore most of Dublin’s attractions from, and neighborhood is safe with plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby. Private room was tiny is was hard to open suitcases, etc, and no lockers, just one small window in the bathroom. People were partying all night in the hallways. It was the weekend so might be quieter during the week. The room, bathroom, spacious kitchen very clean, price expensive for space and outside noise. Quiet hours enforced by staff needed!

• lcarron94207
  • USA, All Male Group, 18-24
3rd Jun 2018

Awesome hostel! The staff was incredibly helpful to us, giving suggestions on places to see and good local restaurants. They have different free stuff every night that brings people from the hostel together so you can easily meet people.

2nd Jun 2018

Overall great hostel in a great location in Dublin. We had an incredible time at this hostel thanks to some of the fellow travellers we met. Could do with more table space for eating and Saturday nights are a little overpriced but other than that we were very happy.

×