The Village Surry Hills

• sliceenslick3957
  • Indonesia, Female, 25-30
31st Oct 2018
7.1

it's okay..... my room was smelly, it's hard to find mug, glass, spoon and fork.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
17th Oct 2018
4.0

Actually really dirty. The commom areas but especially the showers are in need of cleaning. Lots of people living in the hostel long term. Not much of an atmosphere in there at all. The 'secure' storage for baggage is left open all day, not just unlocked but the door is actually left open.

• Northern Ireland, Couple, 25-30
14th Oct 2018
7.7

Twin room was great value for money. We had our own space, Tv, fridge and air con for not much more than the dorms. The room was very clean. Communal areas - bathrooms and kitchen were clean most of the day but sometimes a bit gross. However this is the fault of those who stay too. Kitchen wasn’t very well equipped- people seem to have taken the bowls and plates etc. other that this a great stay. Location is great for getting about.

• liamshanahan107175
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Oct 2018

Pretty dope

• sineadmoriarty1300
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
5th Oct 2018
7.1

Very dirty. Clearly not cleaned properly. Good location.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Sep 2018
6.3

Good central location. Very dirty, bathrooms were filthy and the bedrooms were too, my sheets had someone’s hair all over them. I booked 3 beds in a 4 bedroom dorm a few weeks in advance and the night before arrival they told me my friends and I would have to be split up, they didn’t offer a discount for the inconvenience.

• keiramcloskey6096
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Sep 2018
5.1

On my most recent stay the kitchen had been destroyed, the floors were dirty, all bathrooms had very dirty floors (including lots of hair), the room I was staying with had no space for my clothes because other guests had spread things on every surface, including in all available lockers. I had a particularly bad experience with guest who staff knew was being loud an unruly at 1am, and when I reported her failed attempt to take my phone from under my pillow I do not think any action was taken.

• vicimcleod
  • England, Couple, 25-30
21st Aug 2018
5.7

Rooms were very basic, fairly clean. Staff were lovely and very helpful and let us store our backpacks before and after stay. One big down side was that our beds were not made. My boyfriend and I were on top bunks, went to bed when roommates were asleep so had to sleep on bare mattress. Have stayed at far cheaper hostels and never had this before.

4th Aug 2018
2.0

There is no reception neither security Between 8.30pm and 8am. Supermarkets, Bars, tabaccos and Bottles shops are at 10-20 min walk from the hostel. Most of the staff is made by nepalis which have a rude service mind and poor english. Be carefull to the receptionist Ramita, I had the worse service, interaction and communication of my life with her. No bar, no music around the hostel, very cold due to the open hallway between the reception and the garden area. Very dirty Hostel. Zero money value.

• espenugland
  • Norway, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2018

Great hostel for people who is working. Stayed here several times. If youre one of the relaxed persons this is great. Many longterm stayers. Maybe kitchen equipment could have been better, and the something to block the water from getting all over there floor on 4 bedroom dorm Other than that great location and great hostel

×