Tram Stop 14 Backpackers

8.2
Fabulous 248 Total Reviews

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
24th Jul 2018

Great place! Without a doubt the cheapest way to live in the Fitzroy area, even if staying longterm.

Tramstop14Backpackers is very good value for money. Residents only need to provide their own food. We have a fully equipped kitchen also. How good is this? Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• England, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2018
7.1

You get what you paid for if you’re only staying for a couple nights but I couldn’t imagine staying long-term here. However, I was staying in a large room and there are quite a few long-term residents in the hostel who are lovely and very helpful. Staff are also lovely. This hostel is also in a good location with a tram stop outside that goes straight into the centre of town. Negative: bathrooms and toilets were old, run down and felt dirty. Also I didn’t receive my deposit back for my key.

Please don't make statements that aren't true. You did, in fact, get your key deposit back and we have the docket WITH YOUR SIGNATURE ON IT to prove this. It's true, this building is old but it is not run down by any means, and the bathrooms/toilets etc are cleaned every day. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

7th Jun 2018

Really well located hostel: Fitroy is a great district and near from thr CBD. The kitchen is good with everything needed, the beds are good and comfortable and the hostel is clean. Overall a comfortable hostel, where you feel good to stay in. Would recommend!

There are not many small, boutique backpacker hostels as close to the city as we are, with a fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. We're pleased you felt comfortable during your stay at Tramstop 14 Backpackers. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
10th May 2018
5.4

Got kicked out beacause they accused me of stealing food eventhough it was my bag with my name on it. Complaints were received with childish comments and ignorance.

Well, you booked two days and stayed two days, you and your light fingered friend weren't planning on staying any longer. Our residents know what's theirs and they know when their food goes missing, and our security cameras provide the proof. Thank you for your review of our hostel.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
15th Mar 2018
7.1

You get your own locker and set of crockery which is a great idea! There are a LOT of long termers but all super lovely and welcoming. Only complaint is a staff member cleaning the kitchen in the morning screamed and swore at me to get out while she was cleaning... completely unacceptable way to speak to guests and for this reason would think twice about recommending this hostel

As the owner of the hostel I can assure you it wasn't a staff member who spoke to you like that. More likely a resident helping out with some of the cleaning. Can I make a suggestion, when you are staying in a hostel, hotel etc, and something like this happens, tell the managers straight away so that they can address the problem on the spot. This will stop it from happening again. Thank you for your review and for staying in our hostel.

×