Tropicana Hostel

Superb 583 Total Reviews

• valentinasenin3146
  • Italy, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2018

chill vibes all day long until it comes to the happy hour (4 or 5 pm), then the party starts on the rooftop and it just doesn't stop ! we loved it suggestions: spin the wheel in the bar !!

• IrisMartinIris3542
  • Guatemala, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2018

Incredible place to stay, staff were super welcoming since i walked into the Hostel, different activities every night, super easy to make friends, dorms were clean and you can see cleaning staff working all day long so they do their best to keep everything clean, swimming pool and a great view from the rooftop terrace, join the communal dinner if you are there on a friday night food is delicious and they have affordable prices on it !! Thanks for the great stay Guys !!

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2018
6.3

Was disappointed with this hostel, the bathroom facilities were they worst i ve seen on my trip , my dorm was opposite the bar so v.loud. At least they stop the music at ten. No kitchen facilities, food was expensive. Not the cleanist and no plug by my bed.

• deankerlin2110
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
2nd Jul 2018

The best communal areas I've ever seen in a hostel. The rooftop terrace is an amazing place to hang out after a day exploring town. The bar is fun and cheap, the staff are super helpful and make an effort to get people involved in the activities at night time. I also did the volcano hike through Tropicana and it was the highlight of my trip. Their campsite is off on its own away from all the other groups with an amazing view of Volcan Fuego. I would highly recommend.

29th Jun 2018

Food let it down a bit and room was v hot

29th Jun 2018

Visited here when passing through Antigua. The bars are great for solo travelers to meet others. Beautiful views from the rooftop. I had to climb over a lot of bags and others belongings to get to the ladder for my bunk but when the maids had been this wasn’t a problem. The bathrooms could be quite grimy by the end of the day. Overall a nice experience, good food and drinks. Atmosphere and sleeping experience as expected from a hostel with big dorms.

• suzannekrivat1960
  • USA, Female, 25-30
27th Jun 2018

Tropicana hostel is AWESOME! The staff was really friendly and couldn't be more helpful from the moment you check in to the moment you check out! It has a great atmosphere and every night it has a "themed" night like pub crawls, beer pong and others. The staff was also great helping out to show you the sights of Antigua with some great recommendations. Did Acatenango with them and it was a ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE! Big shout to Isabel the receptionist, I had great food because of her!

• lemonanna231738
  • Ethiopia, Female, 25-30
20th Jun 2018

Tropicana is one of the best hostels I´ve ever stayed! Location is fantastic and it is just behind Central Park and to Cerro la Cruz. There are two bars where you can meet people, have great food from the restaurant. I give a big shout out to the guys at the reception! they were so helpful! I loved the Acatenango trek, the guides are awesome! Would definetly recommend this hostel!!

• Sophiethomas_935290
  • Ireland, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2018

This hostel is around the corner from the central park an a block away from the clubs. I asked for a bottom bunk in advance as I hurt my leg not long ago and when I arrived they had one for me in a dorm that has huge windows with a nice view of the street.

• Jasperfent9878
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Jun 2018

Stayed in the room next to the bar, to be honest I thought that I wasn't going to sleep well, but the bar closed down at 10pm so I was able to rest with no problem, the room has AC which is perfect! Free coffee, water and city maps. Overall an amazing stay, I would go back for sure.

×