Tupiniquim Hostel

9.2
Superb 445 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd Nov 2018

Even before I arrived in Brazil I was made to feel extremely welcome by the owner Alex who sent me a message welcoming myself to Rio and the hostel. Alex also arranged for trip to watch the football for me on responce to this inital message. The hostel is located in a really cool area surrounded by many bars and restaurants. Its extremely clean and has a great atmosphere. Breakfast is great and overall the hostel is superb. I would and will return. Thanks guys !!!

26th Oct 2018

Only spent a night as I had to fly out the next day, but it's a good hostel to relax in. There weren't many people staying, but they have a good capirinha deal at the bar where you can meet other travelers. Breakfast is enough for the day, rooms are comfy, security is a top priority here so it is very safe. Good location also as there's literally a market on the street outside in the morning to buy food/fruits/drinks

24th Oct 2018

I couldn’t have been happier with my stay! I actually extended my stay because location and staff was so axing. I will immediately book here again when I return to Rio. Thanks so much for making my first trip to rio so special!

My man, I am so glad to hear those words from you man. Too bad I just couldn't have the time to hike with you but you know that "Bico do Papagaio" is for sissies right ?? haha Just kidding man, next time I'll give you THE hike in Rio: Pedra da Gávea. Cheers mate ! Alex

• USA, Male, 25-30
23rd Oct 2018

I had a fantastic time in Rio thanks to the wonderful people who work at this hostel. Alex was giving great recomendations on places to eat and go see, Eli was wonderful, made all the guests delicious caprinhas and also provided excellent recommendations and Maira did an amazing job too. The location is great as Botafogo serves as a type of midpoint to a lot of the areas to go see, such as Copacabana, Ipanema, Pau de Azucar, etc. Also, free delicious breakfast!

What's up with the americans giving us just 10 scores this week ? haha Just kidding man, as I said to you personally: All of you are such nice folks that it's an honor to have you here. Also thanks a lot for the help with that other dude. Because of you (the nice folks) my opinion on America has changed a lot lately — for the better btw. You can come back at any time my friend ! Cheers, Alex.

• digitalnomad449088
  • USA, Male, 41+
15th Oct 2018

They saved me. I forgot my wallet. They tracked down my Uber driver and handed me my wallet. The location is great. There's a view of Cristo Redentor from the rooftop bar. Recommended.

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
7th Oct 2018

Overall the hostel is fine. We had a private room that was ok, the cleaning staff forgot some cleaning stuff in our bathroom though, but it was no problem. The staff were really really nice and helped with anything, even booking a taxi in the middle of the night. The location is good and close to a metro station and some restaurants. The breakfast is quite poor and tasteless though.

1st Oct 2018

Such kind staff who would always be on hand to offer help & answer questions about the city & how to get to places. Cool bar & roof terrace, good breakfast each morning, & the hostel is close to metro station, supermarket, & a cash point that doesn't charge for withdrawals. A great stay, thank you :-) .

• ashiah852004
  • India, Male, 31-40
21st Sep 2018

Amazing Hostel. Staff was very welcoming especially johnny and alex. Felt like home

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Sep 2018

Very nice stay here. The staff were super friendly and helpful with any query we had. They’re Brazilian, so they know best :). Pool table, bar and free breakfast are the ++

• isa_baggio2634
  • Brazil, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Sep 2018

The staff is amazing, very kind and helpful. Great location and excellent view.

×