U inn Berlin Hostel

Fabulous 1367 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Oct 2018
4.3

One of the workers at the hostel was living in my dorm room, which he made filthy with his stuff all over the floor and table. He also had a girl in his bed that he talked with from 4-5 am without leaving the room. sounded like they were having sex too The room and bathroom smelled horrible and the wifi was down for about a week... When I checked out early and said I had a bad experience, the receptionist just said, “oh ok.” I guess she didnt care what happened or why I wanted to leave early.

• sorellefisher700
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
20th Oct 2018

I loved U Inn Berlin! Great atmosphere, lots of common spaces to chill- lounge, back garden, front seats and kitchen is awesome. The staff are amazing - special props to Will, Malena and Ross - you guys rock and were so helpful and generally just awesome. Only thing is the hairdryers overheat and short circuit after about 1 minute, so you may want to bring your own :) Comfy beds, amazing location - right in the heart of tree lined buzzing streets with plenty to eat and drink :) I'll be back!!

• Australia, Male, 31-40
11th Oct 2018
5.1

Staff were a bit unusual. Guy on the counter seemed surprised each time I asked a question. Did not come across as friendly or helpful. Seemed resistant to speaking German. Location is fantastic. Hostel is a bit messy in terms of decor and room atmosphere.

4th Oct 2018

Loved this hostel - cozy, comfortable, clean, and friendly. The common spaces are great, and there’s even an outdoor garden courtyard area. I liked the location too - it’s about a 5-minute walk from the metro, close to a grocery store and natural foods store, and close to a lot of food options. It’s near a main road but the hostel’s street is quiet, has trees, and just feels really nice overall.

• madelineajackson9659
  • USA, Female, 25-30
4th Oct 2018
8.0

Great value for the money. Nothing super fancy and can't speak for the social atmosphere since I was traveling with a friend at the time, but I think this hostel gets a solid 8/10. Its good, clean, and gets the job done, but nothing really special about it. Biggest downer was not having laundry on site...

2nd Oct 2018
7.1

Staff wasn’t very nice, but wasn’t rude either. Everything felt so closed in. It’s just not very open and inviting. No environment the two nights I was there- I went to the common room one night and it was like 15 men. Of course the hostel has no control of the gender of guests it just added to the level of discomfort. The room felt cramped (six bed) and there wasn’t a whole lot of space. The plus side is that there’s a great kitchen. I just really wasn’t feeling it and left early.

• jordibonettgarcia160
  • Spain, Male, 31-40
19th Sep 2018
4.3

It's quite far from the main attractions.The recepcionist told me that the taxi to the airport would have costed me 25€ but in fact the taxi driver charged me 38€.The breakfast is very poor I rather prefer to go to shop of the corner...I wouldn't come back to U inn Berlin Hostel if I come back to Berlin

Thank you for your honest review. We can't really do anything about the taxi prices. There is a calculator online, which is what we used to estimate a price, but if the driver took a different route or charged you more it's just not for us to know. We only serve continental breakfast, that's true, but since there are so many good places to eat around Friedrichshain I hope you still managed to start good into your day. Hopefully you still had a good time in Berlin overall, even tho you didn't like your stay with us.

• dakeim19833522
  • USA, Male, 31-40
19th Sep 2018
6.6

Wi-Fi only worked in common area. Shower areas lacked in privacy. Staff was helpful and friendly.

Thank you for the honest review! Unfortunately you stayed when we had a lot of trouble with our provider so the WiFi didn't work as usual. We have sorted these problems now. Hopefully you still had a good time in Berlin :)

17th Sep 2018
6.6

This is a small house that was turned into a hostel. Good dorms and nice view on the backyard, bathrooms are shared. No walking tours or pub crawls passing by the hostel, so you need to figure things out on your own. There’s a kitchen and a common area but they’re tiny. Location is a bit far from the attractions you’re looking for, there’s a metro station 5 min away though.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Sep 2018

Staff were great

Thank you, that's nice to hear! You're always welcome back :)

×