United Backpackers

8.8
Fabulous 1878 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Dec 2017

Lovely hostel for a first time backpacker. Staff were extremely helpful and welcoming

6th Dec 2017

Great location, nice and helpful staff, and there was always something going on in the downstairs bar.

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Dec 2017

Good hostel with very decent drinking area. They could improve on the bed making and enforcing people not to move beds so that when people arrive everything looks taken but I suppose there is only so much that can be done!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2017
7.7

The hostel could not be in a better location! Your close to the main train station, heaps of trams, Woolies and Coles, restaurants, Hosier lane, and shopping! The only downside was the first night it was 35 degrees outside and the room was even hotter because there was no air conditioning. I woke up drenched in sweat. The showers were also ice cold for a bit. But overall it's a decent hostel and for the price it's worth it.

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2017

Very welcoming, clean and amazing pancakes!

• nicolineviller
  • Denmark, Female, 18-24
29th Nov 2017

Came from Nomads dirty hostel at A’Beckett St- absolutely loved it at united. Checked into a 4 persons dorm 3th floor, room with toilet and shower. Very clean and nice room plus air con with remote!

• Niceguyeddie
  • England, Male, 31-40
26th Nov 2017

I enjoyed my stay at United! I accidentally booked 2 nights when I intended for 3. Liam sent me an email and he resolved it for me with great efficiency. Bathroom facilities although decent quality often found to be wet floors and toilet paper all over the place. I guess they can't clean every second of the day and rely on guests to pull their weight. The lockers are useful - BYO padlock. Good central location on flinders Street for trams and trains and walkable to nice coffee shops. Pancakes! x

• Russia, Female, 25-30
24th Nov 2017
4.6

My personal belongings have been stolen and it is very hot in the rooms, impossible to sleep

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Nov 2017

This was one of the best hostels I’ve stayed at during my travels. It was in the perfect location and walking distance to all the main attractions or right across the street from the train station. The staff was so helpful and friendly. I loved the events they had going down in the bar each night. It made it easy to meet other people. Even if you’re not interested in the events, you can’t hear anything from your dorm room so it’s not you’re typical party hostel. Definitely book here!

Thank you very much for your positive review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to see you in Melbourne again soon!

20th Nov 2017

Only stayed for one night as was passing through melbourne. Nice and modern facilities. Safe storage under bed but bring a padlock. Clean facilities. Would return again

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are so pleased you found many great things about our hostel! We would love to have you stay with us again if you're ever in Melbourne!

×