Uptown Hostel

Very Good 34 Total Reviews

• Germany, Male, 18-24
10th Feb 2018
4.0

This was definitely the worst hostel I ever stayed at! The stuff was just rude all the time&didn’t even greet others, they didn’t found my reservation at the beginning and the rooms were just messed up. There is no atmosphere at all, I reserved 3 nights but left the hostel after one night again. I am used to bad hostels, but this was definitely the worst one! There are much better hostels for that price&I stayed at a really good one for the next two nights for the same price. Do not book there!

• juhosarkka6705
  • Finland, Male, 18-24
4th Feb 2018
7.4

Remember to ask for an extra blanket since they are really small. Ac was blowing straight to top bunk uncomfortably. Big plus from free toast and selection of different table spreads.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
31st Jan 2018
6.3

Location is great but the hostel is very basic. I loved the free toast and coffee! Furthermore, the atmosphere is cold; no decoration, music or anything like that. Some of the staff were very kind, others did not even say hi back. The bathrooms were dirty, there were a lot of hairs in the shower. There are not a lot of facilities apart from the toast, though I appreciated all the maps and discounts (although they were not all available). Overall quite expensive for what I got.

• jenniferwestaway5933
  • England, All Female Group, 25-30
26th Jan 2018
7.1

Overall our stay was Ok. We didn't spend a lot, so I guess my rating reflects the price. I booked a 6bed, private dorm that was very small. Only 5 people stayed in the room and it felt cramped. The mattresses on the beds are very thin and not the most comfortable. blanket provided to sleep under is far too small. Sink for cleaning teeth and washing is in the main area of the hostel which strange and only 2 showers and 2 toilets for all the guests. Staff very helpful when we looked ourselves out.

• rosiecoll123
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
20th Jan 2018
2.0

They were overbooked so cancelled our booking and have stopped replying to my emails about a refund...

Hi, when we overbooked, we already asked you for a paypal account to return the deposit. It was your slow response to the paypal account that is why we could not return the deposit immediately. We have refunded the deposit once we received the paypal account. please do not accuse us of not replying emails when u don't provide ur paypal account ....

• leongpengjun4045
  • Singapore, Male, 31-40
14th Jan 2018
4.3

Hotel manager rejected me because of my nationality, and refused to provide me a refund. She told me she won’t accept my kind of people.

• macarthursteph8943
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
13th Jan 2018
5.7

I booked reservations for two people, my brother and I. When we checked in we were told we could only have one locker since we were under the same reservation. Then when we went to pick beds, we were forced to pick one bunk bed (top and bottom) instead of picking whichever beds were available. We would have been better off if we booked our reservations separately because their rules are ridiculous. The showers were gross- very large clumps of hair in the drain!

• dangtient8636
  • USA, Female, 18-24
15th Dec 2017
7.7

Pretty nice hostel overall but severely lacked in ambiance and atmosphere. If you're looking for a place to socialize and meet new people, this place isn't for you. If you're looking for a quiet place to rest your head that's clean, easily accessible and safe, come on come all.

13th Dec 2017

Nice hostel for the price, very clean, staff are helpful. Not the most sociable place I've stayed but was a nice place to spend a couple of nights. Chinatown is only a few minutes walk away.

5th Nov 2017
7.7

La limpieza la hacen muy por encimita, nada a profundidad. Desafortunadamente hay pocas opciones en la ciudad a buen precio.

×