Vanderbilt YMCA

7.1
Very Good 3079 Total Reviews

13th May 2018
5.7

Very old and hasn’t been updated in at least 20 yrs ( I stayed there in 1998). Great location, but not up to par with hostels or YMCA’s in other major cities (Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, etc). I would only stay here and pay $127 per night for a 1950 style dorm room with communal showers if I couldn’t find anyplace else. On the plus side, you can use the YMCA gym facilities.

• Colombia, Female, 18-24
4th Mar 2018
5.4

WORST SERVICE EVER. The rooms are tiny, there's no private space to dress near the showers, and the kitchen was under construction, which they should've let me know before booking because that was an important part of my choosing, but all of that I could've managed if the staff hadn't been so horrible. Unfriendly and unhelpful. There were a lot of little thinks but the last drop was on my last day when I was heading to the airport at midnight with four bags and they refuse to help me get a cab.

• michellebweston8456
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
16th Feb 2018

The hostel was as expected. The staff was friendly and location was perfect. Our room was clean when we arrived. Our light was flickering like crazy and we heard loud pipe noises but it wasn't big deal. Fun experience overall :)

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
29th Dec 2017
8.0

The room was very small. There were annoying noises from the pipes from the heating. All the place looks old. Rather than that is ok. It has a kitchen where you can cook. There are many toilets and showers available.

25th Dec 2017
5.4

Too much noise from the pipes from the heating - during all night long. Impossible to get a good night's sleep. Search on youtube for "Vanderbilt YMCA New York Noise".

×