Vertigo Centre

• fepl994290
  • England, Female, 18-24
18th Sep 2018
5.4

No lift and had to go up two flights of stairs with backpack which was really difficult! Staff were quite cold and unhelpful. Area although near the station was absolutely awful never felt so insecure and vulnerable in our lives. The room had an overwhelming smell of paint and felt like you were in a old school which had been badly painted. Just about bearable for a one night stay but anymore we would have left. The photos are very deceiving and are not a true representation of the actual hostel

• gkd5604261
  • Canada, Male, 41+
16th Sep 2018

A welcoming and inviting space for the weary traveller. Highly recommended!

15th Sep 2018

I will definitely stay again in Vertigo. Slept in a six bed dorm, fourth flour, unfortunately no elevator. The room was really good, spacious, bed was nice, bathroom was awesome, very large and cozy. Overall, great atmosphere, nice staff, location is a plus. I think it's worth it.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
14th Sep 2018
6.3

I want to spend a view words for rating this hostel / hotel Vertigo; My experience, Positive: - Location (Not far from Central station) - Breakfast - Lockers (in the room) - Bed Not so positive: - During my stay (3 days) it was very noisy till early in the morning - People smoking carnabis (you can't allow that..) - No soap in the bathroom / toilet - Toilet was not clean - Mosquitos in the room (why not use a mosquito net to keep them outside) -

• chelsearose13789
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Sep 2018
2.6

I walked in and waited 10 mins to be checked in because he was talking.Then he says to me ‘quick quick chop chop I need your passport’ (first sentence said to me) And then I get told I’m in a 16 bed dorm (fine) with no lock on the door, anyone can come in and out and the back door doesn’t shut, so I slept with my valuables. (No lockers).I asked if there were another room available and he said ‘this is our only bed, take it or go to the street). As a 19 year old girl travelling alone it sucked.

• isaacrockafellow4522
  • USA, Male, 25-30
10th Sep 2018
7.1

Everything about the hostel was fine. Beds are fine, lounge is nice, staff are good. But their key system is very very dumb: You have to check the key to your room in and out from the front desk before you leave the hostel - it's on a bulky wood block that you don't want to carry around. Since staff doesn't verifiy that the key is truly yours, and they can't possibly know the face and room numbers of all guests, this is stupidly insecure.

• alexandrak139625
  • Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
5th Sep 2018

Located a five-minute walk from the train station (or maybe a couple more depending on how long it takes to get down those stairs...), and maybe a 15-20 minute walk to the old port. Our two-bed private was surprisingly spacious and quite comfortable. Street noise was a little loud up until midnight, but nothing too serious. Often my friend and I were the only women on the street after dark. We never felt unsafe, but we were more comfortable taking wider, better-lit streets back to the hostel.

3rd Sep 2018
8.0

Nice hostel, staff are mostly nice, and the €5 breakfast is good. I stayed in the 16 bed room and it has no key to the room so the only way to keep your valuables safe would be in the small lockers. As it has no key the door seems to be always open and I noticed that there were a few mosquitoes flying around. Also great location to the train/bus station but I found the area pretty rough and felt a bit uneasy walking there by myself especially during the evening.

3rd Sep 2018
5.1

It is impossible to sleep in this place. The bar opened all night long is a bad idea as people are having a party next to the rooms. If you appreciate your sleep, book in other place.

• tahnijaygordon3223
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Aug 2018
8.0

Very friendly staff, good location - so close to bus station. Downside is lockers are very small. Bathroom and sheets clean, would recommend

×