Via London

Good 300 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Female, 41+
14th Jul 2018
7.4

Checking in took ages, people queuing constantly between 21:30 when I arrived and still long que at 00:30 when I went to bed and only one person in reception. Staff were kind friendly. Very big and lots of corridors and steps up and down. 15 min walk from Hither Green Station to the hostel and once there easy to get to any part of the city. In future I would choose a hostel that has separate male and female dorms.

14th Jul 2018
4.3

Please don't stay here. I could deal with the poor location and facilities, but the place is absurdly understaffed. This is a large place and there was only one person working at the reception desk, so I waited over 40 minutes just to check in. It was like that all night. Please don't patronize a facility that shows such contempt for it's guests! Life is too short!

• mnclues25
  • USA, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2018
4.9

Dirty, someone else was in our beds when we arrived. Not helpful staff and dirty rooms.

• jacklockwoodmccann6991
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2018
5.1

The hostel is really far away from anywhere Central. While I was staying there I encountered a few weird guests which seemed to be staying there long term. They also had a bunch of school kids staying there which I found annoying as they closed the outside area off to everyone there. Overall I wouldn't recommend it unless you're desperate, there's not a lot to do in the area besides some pubs which closed early. I only stayed there because I was desperate and everywhere was already booked.

• timsezer3694
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
6th Jul 2018
4.6

Cramped, small rooms, tiny bathrooms overpriced accommodation, breakfast is average, inconvenient location, nothing to do onsite. Functioning as a hostel seems to be something of an afterthought as a large set of school groups were onsite too, which limited the overall availability of facilities (ie: outdoor area shut down after 10pm).

• Rileykono757
  • Canada, Couple, 18-24
3.7

Would NEVER stay here again. Kitchen was disgusting, the floor hadn’t been cleaned in a while and there were smelly dirty dishes. Showers and bathroom both weren’t clean and smelt weird. The rooms were hot and there were three bunk beds crammed into a tiny room with no space for our stuff. There were no lockers. Staff sucked, didn’t know what they were doing. Just a weird vibe in general. Would not recommend.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5.7

This is not a hostel for solo travellers, least of all females. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm with 3 males - and there were no female only dorms to choose from. The hostel feels very clinical and i felt like i was sleeping in a shared room at the psych ward. The shower in the ensuite was clogged. There was no atmosphere, and it seemed as though there were multiple schools here on some kind of excursion - which meant that there was abundance of noise until around 10:30pm. Would it stay here again...

• cbyrne4191420
  • Wales, Male, 31-40
5.4

I arrived at 11.50 and waited 30 minutes to check in! As soon as I got to the front of the reception queue the manager pointed at somebody who seemingly had just joined the queue and said them next. Okay fair enough I smiled and went with it. Upon checking in myself however the person dealing with me turns to somebody else who obviously works there and starts having a conversation in another language. Lights in shower and toilet go off after about 5 seconds and beds aren't very spacious or comfy

9th Jun 2018
3.7

Not suitable for bagpackers, hostel used by long term residents, thus rooms dirty, full of Luggages and items such as their work tools.

Hi Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you did not like our hostel on this occasion. All the best Cala Peretz Manager

• jodielaurenx7498
  • England, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2018

Brilliant hostel, second time I’ve stayed here and was great service. Even got a free upgrade form the lovely reception lady. Staff are really nice and the place is very clean. Beds are pretty basic but you get what you pay for. Lovely garden area in the back if you wanna hang out there. Close to Lewisham and Blackheath stations and plenty of buses going on the main road. Aldi close by plus a Nando’s. Sercrity is good as you have to be buzzed in. Brilliant place, would stay again.

Thank you very much fo the great review and the kind words about the team at Via Lewisham. I am very happy you liked the garden and the location. Billy I Venter General Manager

×