Victoria Falls Backpackers

Superb 398 Total Reviews

• azarie6805
  • USA, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2018

Such a great hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. 10/10 would stay again.

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2018
7.1

The hostel is cute but the dorm was very small, glad we were only two people in there. The beds were way too soft for my taste and there was almost no light. Also, it was very hard to get warm water in the shower (either really hot or cold). It is a bit far from town (20 min walk) and you have to pay 3$ per day for wifi... That being said it does serve the purpose if you just need a cheap place to sleep and it is nice and calm there (unlike Shoestrings). Staff is really friendly!!

• veronicarousseau557
  • South Africa, Female, 41+
3rd Jul 2018
8.0

Enjoyed our stay. Lovely garden, good atmosphere. Friendly staff. Thank you

• USA, Male, 31-40
25th Jun 2018

Cool hostel space in a quiet location with super friendly staff always looking to help out their guests. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Vic Falls!

20th Jun 2018
8.0

Pros: Great activities offered (sunset cruise + Chobe National Park daytrip were awesome!), very sweet staff, felt safe, dunking feet in the fish pond after a long day. Cons: No towels, very dim lighting in the room, and slow service...definitely plan in advance if you need a shuttle or pay out your balance or order breakfast. It's just a different pace of life. We came at a weird time. There were either no people around at all or 30 business men standing around drinking. I'd still recommend!

• krsabourin1852
  • USA, Female, 31-40
15th Jun 2018

I would definitely stay here again. Clean facilities, comfy beds, and safe and secure premises. Breakfast is basic but delicious and affordable. The staff really made our trip. J had the best advice for when to go see places and helped us with making reservations and calling taxis. The overall feel was very laid back and it is close enough that you can walk to town. Highly recommended.

4th Jun 2018

Amazing place, friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, location is a bit out of town center, which on other hand means you can see some wildlife all around. Best place in vic falls

• England, Female, 41+
2nd Jun 2018
7.1

I had a pleasant stay here it suited my needs for the time I was there. It would have been nice if breakfast was included in the price. All and all it met my needs

• georgelepp4069
  • England, Male, 25-30
10th May 2018

I can honestly say that this is one of the most wonderful places I have ever stayed in. It has a beautiful lay-out, incredible swimming pool and generally a great vibe. As a solo traveler I met some wonderful people here from all across the globe who I have since continued my travels with! I would highly recommend hiring the bikes and going to the big-tree. It turned out to be our own little safari where we saw elephants close up. The only negative is that you have to pay for the wi-fi.

• ericancurry9875
  • USA, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2018

This place is paradise. I could have spent my whole trip lounging here. With the pool, hammocks, swing seats, lounge chairs, and the fire pit, it's a wonderful getaway. It's about a 30 minute walk to the falls, but $5 taxis pick you up and drop you off. Guinea fowl roam around all morning. You can treat yourself to a $30 massage and pedicures, facials, the works! The staff is sweet and helpful and the cafe is tasty and very handy. There's also a full kitchen!

×