Vila 11

Very Good 398 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
23rd Sep 2018
7.1

I’d love to be me positive about my stay so I’ll start with location. Excellent for closeness to Gara de nord and bus stops. Express bus to airport only 2 minutes walk. Hostess Deborah is super friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately that’s it for positives. Rooms are old, musty , drab and not very clean. The pillows are ancient and yellow and I could feel the mattress springs. Jam and cheese left on table all day/ night not put in fridge which would be a simple easy thing to do.

• Romania, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2018
4.6

It's extremely dirty and smelly.

8th Aug 2018

I rented for a month at Vila 11, while taking side trips to Maramures and Brasov. The price is very reasonable and the location, across from the train station and a metro, is much preferable to staying in the historic center, which is crowded and noisy and too far from transport. Vila 11 is run by a family who live there, but you only see them when you need them. Daily free breakfast of pancakes and fruit is tasty and is also your chance to meet other guests. Certainly the best value in town.

• England, Male, 25-30
25th Jul 2018
6.6

Had a nice time here in a private dorm room. Hostel has good location to the train station, but it’s a fair walk to anything of interest in Bucharest. Staff were fine, I think I was expecting more from the previous reviews I had read. Room and bathroom were not that clean but manageable. Went down for breakfast one morning and absolutely every item of food was covered in fruit flies, it was like a horror movie, so I avoided the breakfast for the rest of my stay! Still decent for the price!

19th Jul 2018

Good diamond in the rough find as it was very cheap for your own room. The staff were very friendly, even if they didn't speak much English. Please have change ready to give to people at checkout though and improve the laundry service as my load did not come out well.

12th Jul 2018
8.0

So so. No fans in rooms-very hot. Hosts were ok. I think you can do better.

• jamesbarlow9162
  • USA, Couple, 31-40
6th Jul 2018

The Staff were lovely and the rooms were very clean and acceptable. The old bed was creaky and I didn’t sleep well because it woke me up every time I moved. However I would defiantly stay there again as the staff were kind, warm, helpful and it felt very safe.

28th Jun 2018
5.7

We were scolded for being 6 hours late (we arrived at 7pm and were not familiar with the train schedule when we booked). Room was cramped and dirty. Bathroom was so creepy with dust, mold, the wallpaper border peeling off the wall and the sink faucet so loose that neither of us took a shower. If you are looking for a lively atmosphere, this is NOT the place. You get your room only. There was no place to hang out or meet anyone. I have stayed in dozens of hostels, this was one of the worst.

The interesting stories I read on review pages....

• gemmamehmed7764
  • England, Couple, 25-30
26th May 2018
4.0

We were really disappointed by this place. Our room was filthy, it looked and smelt like it hadn't been cleaned in years. I can't fit all the problems with this hostel in this review, but you could smell the layer of dust under the bed. There was also what we think was an AC machine outside our room, which whirred away very loudly for most of the night - the owner didn't explain or apologise, which sums her up quite well, as she was less than welcoming when we arrived after a difficult journey.

• christophermsauer694
  • Germany, Couple, 18-24
26th May 2018

Very nice and cool atmosphere. The breakfast was amazing! Would recommend.

×