Wake Up! Sydney Central

Superb 6412 Total Reviews

• samuel10webster7237
  • Finland, Male, 18-24
16th Jun 2018

Honestly one of the best hostels on the East coast and definitely best hostel in Sydney!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
16th Jun 2018

A nice hostel at Sydney's Central station. Central isn't technically the 'middle' of Sydney City, but it's a good spot for its proximity to public transport, Chinatown, and Surry Hills. You can walk into the centre of the city and down to Circular Quay, but it's a long-ish walk. The hostel is nice for a larger hostel, and really has everything you need. Would recommend.

• giorgiawoods
  • Globetrotter
14th Jun 2018

Great location (opposite Central bus and train station), great security, really clean and tidy bathrooms. So much onward travel advice and help available and really friendly staff! Definitely would stay here again (:

• laura_smith98
12th Jun 2018

A really nice hostel, in such a good location for everything with clubs within walking distance as well as the train station only being over the road. The staff are so lovely and really helpful, I would recommend.

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
12th Jun 2018
6.6

Would've been a great hostel until what happened in my last night. 9 out of 10 people who stay here are white which is quite odd considering that it is near Chinatown. I would never expect that the first time that I have experienced racial prejudice is in a hostel. While I agree with security, having the only colored person in a lobby full of white people being asked for a security badge while letting the other white people get in using the staff's proxy card is just low key racism.

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your stay here at Wake Up! Sydney and my sincere apologies on how your stay ended with us. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to speak with me on your day of departure and also for corresponding with me via email. Here at Wake Up! Sydney the safety and security of our guests is extremely important to us and that is why we place extra staff at the front entrance every night. The primary role of these staff is to greet our guests, check that each has a key and on occasion confirm that names are registered in our reservation system. I understand that this in particular upset you but want to reiterate that at no point in time did the colour of your skin play a role in you being asked for your key. For those reading this review I feel it is very important to state that Wake Up! Sydney is an inclusive hostel without prejudice. On any given night we host hundreds of guests from all over the world and currently have multinational team from twenty-two countries. Once again, my apologies. Dev Penney – General Manager

• sophieleighw
10th Jun 2018

Wake Up was a great hostel and I would definitely recommend! They give you some great vouchers on a arrival and there’s something to do everyday. I only stayed for two nights but I did the city walking tour which was really good. Perfect location, easy to find and extremely clean. Only downside to this hostel is the lockers. They were really small and I could barely fit my standard rucksack let alone my big bag with all my clothes. Other than that, fab hostel.

• sarahkrause1176484
  • USA, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2018

Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience. The facilities were great and bathrooms were cleaned daily. We also loved the food vouchers they give out and the bar downstairs. We had a lot of fun and met so many cool people from around the world. If you go on a Sunday night, be sure to check out the bar crawl they have!

• yvetteytlee4274
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2018

Best accommodation I’ve ever had in Sydney. Great location, clean facilities and helpful staff.

• USA, Male, 25-30
8th Jun 2018

Fantastic place to stay. I went on the free walking tour and it was really interesting. I only stayed three nights, but throughly enjoyed my stay. There was always something going on and it was really close to the train station. Highly recommend.

• phoebeeb
  • Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2018

It's the best hostel I have ever stayed in, very clean in the rooms and showers. Will absolutely book again if someday I come back to Sydney!

×