Wish You Were Here... Backpackers.Bar.Restaurant.

7.9
Very Good 423 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 423 Total Reviews

• lydddy
  • Thailand, Female, 25-30
5th May 2018

This was my first time saying in a HOSTEL. I've always strayed away from any places that involve "common areas" but I have to say that I was most relaxed in Wish You Were Here's common areas; their's is amazing and we found ourselves preferring to just hang out there and order drinks from their bar. My bf & I stayed in the double bed and it was simple enough. Least fave part was using the restrooms but I'm kinda girly. They clean it sev. times a day though. 1 minute walk to the beach!

3rd May 2018

Amazing hostel with a unique ambient, very recommended

• milalassuy3482
  • USA, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2018
6.9

Nice hostel, in need of repairs. My 1st night was a rain storm and the holes in the roof were large enough that my bed and several others were soaked. The staff moved me to another room for the remainder of my stay of course, which was nice. It's built to be a social hostel, but surprisingly I didn't find it that social. Also a slight ant problem, somewhat excusable because of the treehouse style but still. Overall, I had a fine time. Once it has a proper roof, it will be a functional hostel.

• lancelatchman
  • England, Male, 25-30
25th Apr 2018

Great staff, cheap and cheerful. Live music is awesome and its really chilled.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
22nd Apr 2018

Such a chilled out place. The staff is awesome thanks for the good times!

• franpink04
  • England, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2018
4.0

Really hated this place. Private room was awful and not worth the money. The staff were so rude. Demanding I set up a tab and the later when ordering two drinks told I didn’t have a tab and I was not staying there. Completely killed the vibe, felt so uncomfortable and did not want to be there. Location itself is not very clean and would definitely not recommend staying here. Not sure about the forms. Food was ok but pricey.

• ephillips074145
  • England, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2018
4.6

We got BED BUGS from our private room. Staff dealt with it okay, they gave us our money back, although the manager was a bit rude. The roof of the room was made of tarp and so when it rained we had pools of water on the floor. The wood walls didn’t reach the ceiling so we could hear everything from the bar. Also when we were eating dinner there was a guy that vomited on the floor of the restaurant/common area, he eventually got taken out but very unpleasant. Food isn’t great. Bathrooms dirty.

4th Apr 2018

Probably one of the best hostels I've been to, had a good blend of staff between locals and backpackers, had a really good vibe, everyone was really cheerful and welcoming.

2nd Apr 2018
6.0

Overall it’s alright, basic but that works if that’s what you are looking for. The staff are lovely but everything is very slow and you will need to remind them if you ordered things as they forget. The food is bad. I tried a couple of different things there as I thought it might be a fluke, but no it’s just bad. the home made hummus is really thick. There’s never toilet paper in the bathrooms which is weird. And there aren’t enough plugs in the rooms. Location is great and staff are lovely.

• Beccashim4395
  • USA, Female, 31-40
29th Mar 2018
5.7

Bottom line: Pretty sure staff robbed us while we were eating dinner. It's hard to talk about pros and cons and value and service when, at the end of the day, we had actual cash stolen from our room by someone who had access. That kind of trumps everything.

×