Woodquay Hostel Galway City

15th Oct 2017

Pretty good hostel

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Oct 2017

This was my first stay in a hostel and it was a lovely experience! My only complaint would be that the showers will get scorching hot out of nowhere...so be careful with that. But other than that it was great! Staff was helpful and friendly!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
11th Oct 2017
6.6

I don't mind a bit of a party and a good atmosphere but this was the noisiest place I've ever stayed - there was an all night party in the kitchen so it was hard to get a great sleep. Our main problem was that you have to leave your keys at reception and rely on staff to let you in during the night. When we returned, there was no staff there so a random guest let us in and got us keys for our room from behind the reception desk. Not that he knew who we were! Very poor security..

9th Oct 2017
8.0

Nice, very very nice and nice

5th Oct 2017
7.7

Th security was a little sketchy. You would just walk in and say the room number and they would give it to you. Didn’t have lockers in the room but you could leave your stuff by the desk. Did have some lockers but were very small. Breakfast was same as every other hostel. Beds were alright clean linen. The manager every time I needed to talk to him was gone and I had to wait. Which it happens but still. Over all for a night wasn’t too bad.

1st Oct 2017

Woodquay is cheap, centrally located, and small. All good things. All the employees were incredibly nice and helpful. The shower was hot which is amaaazing. The only thing I can really complain about is that it smelled like mildew in my room, and the shower/bathrooms. I know Ireland is very wet, but I don't think a hostel should smell like that. Besides that issue, it was fine!

• seanmogrady6508
  • USA, Male, 31-40
30th Sep 2017

I stayed here four nights and really enjoyed my stay. The hostel is a nice size. Not too big not too small. 24 hour security at the front to buzz in. Carpets are a little scuzzy but I didn't mind the funk. Also a nice location just barely off the main path but in its own cool little area.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Sep 2017

Great hostel. The beds and floors were very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
17th Sep 2017
6.3

Nothing to dry your hands in the bathrooms, some didn't even have soap.. did not like it. Place could be updated, but you get what you pay for. On the other hand, staff was great, very nice and super helpful!

• Italy, Male, 25-30
14th Sep 2017

I liked everything about the Woodquay hostel, you have everything you need, the staff is available and the atmosphere is great!

×