Woodquay Hostel Galway City

Fabulous 1321 Total Reviews

• eamonnlynskeytoronto5024
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
9th Feb 2018

Yeah, really good place. You can sit down and watch T.V. or play games if you want to. I highly recommend Woodquay Hostel.

• India, Male, 25-30
2nd Feb 2018

excellent

• soumyadeep
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
31st Jan 2018
6.6

Old building - smelly, sound from road, not so clean rooms, small toilets. Staff are nice.

20th Jan 2018
6.3

I stayed here 2 night, the first night they overbooked a bed and kicked a guy out when he wasn’t there. He ended up having to sleep on the couch because they switched his room and didn’t tell him. That was quite awkward.. this hostel is definitely for long term stay so it is not clean and definitely not secure it any way. However, the people I met here were pretty great and it’s the cheapest hostel in Galway.

20th Jan 2018
4.0

Did not feel secure at this hostel at all. They ran out of keys for my room so literally they just told me to knock. Our door wouldn't shut anyways so we didn't even need a lock

• malska1206
  • Poland, Couple, 25-30
19th Jan 2018
6.0

The price was good and I checked the reviews, so I wasn't expeciting too much, but I still got disappointed. My bedroom was dirty, cold at night, walls were wet and moldy. The freshness of bedsheets was questionable. Ceiling in the laundry room was so damaged I could see all it's layers, it looked like this place is falling apart. On the other hand kitchen and bathroom was spacious, clean and warm. If you're on a budget, it's an option, but I would rather not travel at all, than sleep there.

8th Jan 2018
7.1

I have mixed thoughts on this place. I was not a fan but my friend liked it. Bathrooms are in the room and small. Everything is small here and it did not seem that clean. I was only there one night so I might just be biased but it reminded me of a messy college guys dorm room. I will not be coming back. The staff is very friendly though and bed was comfy, but the comforter also grossed me out a bit. I am not a neat freak by any means but this place really made me uncomfortable. I wont be back.

• ali_slp5369
  • Mexico, Mixed Group, 25-30
7th Jan 2018

I would stay there again! Totally recommended 👌🏼

• France, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018

This hostel is a good value for money ! A lot of person open minded stay at this hostel who make it a good experience. The staff are available if you got questions, it is really important for my mind. This hostel is 5 min by walk to the main street and not far away from the bus/train station.

• annikasofie
  • Netherlands, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2018

Best hostel I've ever been too. We had our own bathroom in our room and the hostel is very lively with a great atmosphere. Also breakfast is included and the city centre is just around the corner. The street itself is ook very nice with awesome pubs. I felt very safe in here and the staff was lovely!

×