Woodquay Hostel Galway City

Fabulous 1206 Total Reviews

• seanobroin28183
  • Ireland, Male, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

My first ever hostel stay, and it ticked all the boxes for me. I didn't stay for long, but it served me. Unfortunately, I could not sleep in the shared room due to one person's atrocious snoring, so I went and slept on a bathroom floor. Yes, that was preferable to his snoring.

• Lebanon, Male, 25-30
7.7

This hostel was fun, and had a good atmosphere. The hostel is very close to everything in the city and is easy to get to. The showers and toilets were not the cleanest and would occasionally run out of water, but overall good hostel.

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2017

Really a great hostel, the staff are very friendly and knowledgable.

• Sweden, All Female Group, 25-30
6.3

Vey cozy, nice location and staff. However, there is something seriously wrong with the water. There is only scorching hot water and it was impossible to shower. I feel as if the security could have been taken more seriously. But we liked the place all and all!

8th Aug 2017

This place had a homey feel in the common spaces. A good common room and they play music to help with the feel. Great kitchen and the place was very clean. The room had pretty of space and was clean. The only downside was the lack of free lockers in the room. Some small ones in reception. Easy to walk to everything

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
3rd Aug 2017

Room was perfect for my needs plenty of space. Comfortable bed and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was brilliant.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
1st Aug 2017
5.4

It is an old building you can hear everything, no warm water in the shower, only 2 outlets worked and not pleasant to stay inside. Because of the holidays waaaayyy to expensive. Not worth it at all.

• theaussietraveller
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
24th Jul 2017
7.1

It was an okay stay. Only one plug in the room with a powerboard for everyone to share. I slept on the bunk closest to it which was good so I could have my phone close to me charging when I was in bed. It did mean however that everyone charged their phones near me so every morning all their alarms would go off at different times near my sleepy head and people would be jumping down from their bunks and running across the room to turn them off lol staff were friendly and location great :)

• Ireland, Female, 41+
23rd Jul 2017

Great experience, we were also part of a larger group of performers from Dublin, I was pleased that people came and went from different Countries and that there was no messing,..staff very accommodating Thank you all Kate and Derbhla

• Canada, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2017
7.7

It was a great building, felt more community-oriented than previous hostels I've been in. The desk staff were so helpful and so kind. Wouldn't kill 'em to buy some hand soap though! And I got woken up by one of the cleaners because they weren't sure if I was supposed to be there or not. They need to be a bit more organized, I didn't pay to get woken up.

×