Xi'an See Tang Hostel

• larseckmann5860
  • Switzerland, Male, 25-30
20th Sep 2018
6.0

4bed dorm. Smallest room I’ve ever been in. There is not enough space for a double bed. We were only 2 so it was ok but its impossible to fit 4 people into that room with only a tiny window! Showers and toilets were never properly cleaned and there are only few working. Rooftop is very nice but overpriced but a great spot to hang out! There are probably better options in Xi’an

• Hong Kong, Female, 31-40
20th Sep 2018

Everything is perfect! Because I arrived very late, I was worried about disturbing other people, the front desk was very kind to give me a house without anyone, so we slept quietly all night and had a good rest. The breakfast on the four floor is good, very clean, and the coffee is fragrant. I hope to come here again next time.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2018

We had a great stay at Xi'an See Tang Hostel! Staff was really friendly and helpful (for example when we wanted to change our room from a 6 bed dorm to a private doubleroom due to unpleasant roommates). The rooftop is great, but sadly there was hardly ever anyone up there and not a lot was going on. But it's still nice to have a coffee or a beer up there. Our double room was great, it was really clean and even had its own bathroom. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

9th Sep 2018

The biggest issue I had was that they promote a tour that honestly isn’t that great. I know it might not be part of the hostel but I think it still is réflective of the hostel if they are promoting it. Also it was very difficult to have the staff book me a taxi.They kept suggesting I take the metro, which the nearest subway was 19 minutes away. Which wouldn’t have been so bad if 1. My flight hadn’t been so early and secondly that I was a female traveling alone with two huge bags.

7th Sep 2018

The staff is really helpful and nice. They can also help with directions regarding buses and trains. The rooftop area is a huge chill-out zone with a really nice decoration and even a little restaurant that serves western food. I've never seen such a large common room in a hostel. However, the dorm rooms are really, really small. That means approximately 6 m² for 2 bunk beds. So there is basically not even space to put your bag. The beds are very short by european standards.

9th Aug 2018

Beautiful roof top cafe and excellent location, but very tiny dorm rooms and beds

25th Jul 2018
6.9

Let’s start with the good: 4th floor garden was a perfect breakfast spot or evening hangout under the city sky line. Location was close to night life and subway. The street was amazing with China art all over. Place was hard to find. Get directions in Chinese!!! Front desk was little help with English directions for bus and normal things to do, TripAdvisor is more helpful. Room 204 was bad, 2 1/2 in. Thick mattress. Water came in from wall and wet the mattress , yes I promise not me

• samwakelam2018
  • England, Couple, 25-30
18th Jul 2018
6.3

Showers need fixing and water is left undrained to stagnate, needs cleaning more regularly. Rooms were clean however and decent beds. Struggled with checking in, the insisted on a different booking inspite of my confirmation from hostel world being correct, had to fight for our mixed room to stay together. Good air con and laudry facilities but that was it. Breakfast was expensive.

21st Jun 2018

Staff was very kind but gave wrong directions about transport and attractions several times. Wanted to rent bikes but hostel only allows you to ride on street of hostel... Didn't see any other backpackers but the rooftop terrace was nice and coffee prices were very reasonable. 2bed dorm was clean and comfy, strong AC, bathrooms clean. Hostel located on Ancient Cultural Street, active local area during day but quiet at night. Short walk to South Gate, bars, metro and bus stop.

• xiaosonw1480
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Jun 2018

Really enjoyed our stay at See Tang! The location was great and the hostel fit right into the historic atmosphere of the neighborhood. Plenty of food options nearby and it was really close to a lot of the major tourist destinations in city center. Very close to subway and bus lines as well, so super convenient.The rooms were a bit small, almost uncomfortably so; but they were spotlessly clean and very well-maintained. The rooftop terrace was beautiful, coffee is cheap and decent. Great staff too

×