Xi'an Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel

Fabulous 2225 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Sep 2018
7.1

My stay was relatively good aside from two big issues. The first was that the “air conditioning” would not blow cold air no matter how high I set it and so the room got incredibly hot. Second, and more important, upon checking out the staff cheated me out of my 100 yuan deposit. The man who checked in my friend and I collected 100 yuan from each of us, but wrote our names on the same receipt so only one of us got our deposit back. Pretty annoying.

• USA, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2018
5.4

This is the worst experience I have ever had with a hostel. The AC didn't work properly, they claimed "thats just how it is," so I slept poorly. They neglected to tell me I would have to switch rooms one day, and proceeded to go in to the room, unlock my LOCKED locker, and throw ALL of my things into plastic bags and bring it down to the front desk until I arrived later that night. Their response was simply "we forgot to tell you." Upon checkout they refused to refund my friend 100 kuai deposit.

3rd Sep 2018

Everything was great!

• isabelle_13cat1005
  • Wales, Couple, 25-30
29th Aug 2018
8.0

Really nice hostel. Great atmosphere and common area. Lovely comfortable rooms. Top location. Staff were sometimes a bit rude and not the most helpful.

• eckc134852
  • Malaysia, Male, 41+
25th Aug 2018

A very nice antique hostel ,few meters from the south gate inside the ancient city wall n near to all the attractions..BUS n Metro transport are within walking distance.Rooms are clean n the reception r very helpful n some can comunicate in good English.My family will definitely book this Hostel again as we have miss out on Louyang L.Grottoes n the Yellow River Hukou Waterfall.Use this as a Base to go to Tera cotta Warrior,hike Mount Huashan,Longman Grottoes,Shaolin Temple n to Hukou falls

• weilee1018
  • Malaysia, Male, 25-30
22nd Aug 2018
8.0

The youth hostel is approx. 800m away from the nearest train station. There are quite a number of cafes/restaurants near to the hostel.

21st Aug 2018

Superb location, close to the South Gate of the City Wall, metro station and to Dongxianmen street. Even by taking the bus across the street it will get you to the Train Station or close to other attractions around the Bell Tower. Rooms are very clean in a cosy atmosphere with traditional Chinese style. Staff is very friendly and helpful, thanks to them I could recover a lost item on a cab I took.

• stingemoreg8786
  • England, Male, 18-24
15th Aug 2018

We had a great stay for three nights and really made the most of the brilliant location to discover the city and get about using the metro. The traditional Chinese style bed was super. Facilities are basic/standard for Chinese hostel. Nice bar area, which is very relaxed after a day exploring the city.

• Super_Mariete
  • Spain, Male, 31-40
14th Aug 2018

Cozy hostel in a good location close to the wall and public transport. Room was clean and comfi enough with lockers and desk, toilets could be bigger and cleaner but still decent. Chill out area and restaurant good for some beers after a long day visiting the city or the warriors.

• India, Female, 31-40
14th Aug 2018

Nice location. Lovely building. Relaxed courtyard to hangout. But DO NOT follow the directions they give in confirmation email. It's bullshit. It took us 2 hours on the road to figure it out which pissed us off as we had requested them for a pick up from the train station and they hadn't bothered to respond to the email. We got a twin sharing room. The room was good, but the bathroom, though clean looked rundown. Nice shower though. The A/c was really weak for the crazy summer heat.

×