the Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel

Fabulous 415 Total Reviews

• taliabobenic18694
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2018

Excellent stay! Great place to relax before a trek! The staff was amazing and the food was so great!

• fkholmes6724
  • England, Female, 31-40
16th Sep 2018

Really nice place. People were lovely. Large hostel spacious rooms.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2018

Such an amazing place to stay! Very clean, friendly staff, excellent location. Away from the centre of Kathmandu but easy to walk to in 30/40 minutes. Also, staff is extremely helpful and can help you figure out how to get into the city by public transit—or just about any of the main spots in the Kathmandu valley for that matter. Food is excellent, inexpensive. Thank you so much Pawan, Som, and Santosh for a great stay and for being so welcoming!

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Aug 2018

Excellent hostel. Staff are wonderful, very secure, very clean, and free breakfast. Location is a bit out of the centre but nice and quiet, right near main bus routes however.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
27th Aug 2018
4.0

There are no lockers and no locks on the dormitory doors which is inconvenient and the staff tried to overcharge me more than once for the room as well as the drinks I did and didn't buy. The location is also about an hours walk from the centre of town so not very convenient. I was a little underwhelmed having seen such good reviews when I initially booked.

Namaste, Francesca. Thank you for choosing our hostel and staying with us two times while your recent visit in Nepal. It's our pleasure to have you as our guest, but as you mentioned in your untrue review, we do have safe lockers but in common area for safety reason, as well we do have locks in dormitory room.About the location, we are located just 3kms far away from the center and which is like 25/30 minutes walk, may be you took wrong way which took you about an hour. Sorry, for the confusion about the coffee bill and once again, thank you for writing us even if it's not fair one. We wish you all the best in your future endeavor. Regards,.

28th Jul 2018

Staff members are friendly, especially Som and Santosh. (I’ll miss you guys!) Located in a quiet residential neighborhood for a real local’s experience and a better night’s sleep. Hot shower was nice and steamy. They have their own on-site cafe (and a bar!) with delicious food for reasonable prices. Also, the rooftop offers an absolutely amazing view. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The atmosphere is relaxed with the freedom to come and go whenever you please.

• eddydesign5874
  • England, Male, 25-30
24th Jul 2018

The staff at sparkling turtle are very welcoming, friendly and always happy to help. The rooms are great. I would highly recommend the visit. Always happy , easy going and well prepared. Good location just outside of the main town which I preferred.

• nilskamphausen
  • Germany, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
15th Jul 2018
6.0

Staff was nice but not really around. There aren't any lockers in the rooms (my dorm didn't have a door but a curtain) and not enough lockers just outside the room. Location is really close to the monkey temple but then really far from everything else. All in all I had an ok experience but my second time in Kathmandu I'll stay somewhere closer to the city centre.

• straight_faced6909
  • India, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2018

Amazing Hostel

22nd Jun 2018
6.9

It was a good enough hostel, although a bit out of the way. And for being out of the way, it was still pretty loud on the streets below. I assume I was there in low season, as the check-in desk wasn't always staffed (i.e. sometimes had to wait a few minutes for someone to come) and there weren't many people at all. It might the same for all hostels in June, though. The staff were very nice, and I did meet some other cool travelers. Beds and facilities were clean.

×