the Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel

Fabulous 427 Total Reviews
Fabulous 427 Total Reviews

2nd Nov 2018

It is really far From tamal You have to take a cab every time you want to do something

• connelmckenna9118
  • Ireland, Couple, 31-40
27th Oct 2018

Great, very helpful and welcoming staff team and nice place to relax during day or evening. Good food at reasonable prices too if you don't want to go out! Thanks to the brilliant Santos and his team.

• magwahmouse9545
  • England, Female, 41+
20th Oct 2018

I had the best time at the Sparkling Turtle, the staff were amazing, from the second I arrived I was very much made to feel "part of the Sparkling Turtle family". On the morning of my departure, Ajeet dropped me st the airport and when I realised I had left my jacket in the car, very kindly delivered it to the airport, which I appreciated a million percent. I feel blessed to have located the Sparkling Turtle and would definitely return, a huge thank you to everyone for making me so welcome 🙂

• dipradioshadhin1873
  • Bangladesh, Male, 25-30
9th Oct 2018

Probably the best hostel in nepal

• taliabobenic18694
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2018

Excellent stay! Great place to relax before a trek! The staff was amazing and the food was so great!

• England, Female, 31-40
16th Sep 2018

Really nice place. People were lovely. Large hostel spacious rooms.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2018

Such an amazing place to stay! Very clean, friendly staff, excellent location. Away from the centre of Kathmandu but easy to walk to in 30/40 minutes. Also, staff is extremely helpful and can help you figure out how to get into the city by public transit—or just about any of the main spots in the Kathmandu valley for that matter. Food is excellent, inexpensive. Thank you so much Pawan, Som, and Santosh for a great stay and for being so welcoming!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2018

Great hostel. Location is a little further from the main attractions, but quiet and peaceful at night. Beds and facilities are also nice. What really makes this hostel great though are the staff who went out of their way and beyond to make our stay unforgettable! Furthermore, we stored our luggage for free while we did a 2 week trek in the himalayas. Would recommend staying here!

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Aug 2018

Excellent hostel. Staff are wonderful, very secure, very clean, and free breakfast. Location is a bit out of the centre but nice and quiet, right near main bus routes however.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
27th Aug 2018
4.0

There are no lockers and no locks on the dormitory doors which is inconvenient and the staff tried to overcharge me more than once for the room as well as the drinks I did and didn't buy. The location is also about an hours walk from the centre of town so not very convenient. I was a little underwhelmed having seen such good reviews when I initially booked.

Namaste, Francesca. Thank you for choosing our hostel and staying with us two times while your recent visit in Nepal. It's our pleasure to have you as our guest, but as you mentioned in your untrue review, we do have safe lockers but in common area for safety reason, as well we do have locks in dormitory room.About the location, we are located just 3kms far away from the center and which is like 25/30 minutes walk, may be you took wrong way which took you about an hour. Sorry, for the confusion about the coffee bill and once again, thank you for writing us even if it's not fair one. We wish you all the best in your future endeavor. Regards,.

×