• USA, Female, 25-30
River City Inn, Singapore, Singapore
7.4
18th Oct 2017

The hostel was very hot! The hostel says they don't put the air con (AC) on during the day but I thought the common area would at least have AC. It was miserably hot and I spent a lot of time in the common area late at night and it was still painfully hot. They turned the AC on in the room overnight but it was just barely on. The bathroom area didn't have anywhere to plug in a hair dryer. The common area was nice and it was great that the hostel provided water.

Thank you for your feedback. Like you mention, the dorms are air-conditioned from 8pm to 9am daily, and are ventilated with fans in the day. The common area is air-conditioned during the day and ventilated with fans through the night when most (if not all) guests are sleeping in the room. Guest who choose to stay awake at night in the living area instead of sleeping will not enjoy AC in the living area. We do have a power point in the changing area which you have missed. Please check with our staff when in doubt during your stay with us.

Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel, Amman, Jordan
7.7
10th Jul 2013

The room was decent except for the bathroom. There's no air conditioning so I was pretty hot all night. Other than that it was fine. The room was a pretty good size and the staff was helpful.

Hostal Belmont Plaza, Quito, Ecuador
17th May 2013

Two of us stayed here and we had our own private room. It was small and simple and we had our own bathroom. There is a nice living room area with a tv and a big couch that was nice to hang out in and there was a rooftop balcony with a great view. We enjoyed our stay here and it was a great value for the money and a good location!

Erupcion Art Hotel & Hostel, Banos, Ecuador
13th May 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. We had a private room and our own bathroom and breakfast was included. It was a great deal for the money and I would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend stay here.

Vibes Hostel, Quito, Ecuador
12th May 2013

I didn't stay here long as I was only in Quito for one night and had to catch a bus early the next morning but our stay was nice. We walked around and it seemed like a good place to stay and a fun place to meet people. Everyone was friendly that we met.

• USA, Male, 41+
Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
9.0
20th Nov 2011

We got a private room at the hostel and it was really nice. I traveled with my 20 year old daughter and 9 year old son. The room was clean, there was air conditioning and a kitchen. There are no towels in the bathroom. My only complaint is that there was no hot water. The location was great. It was right across the street from the beach.

The Tent Munich, Munich, Germany
7.7
16th Jul 2011

It was fun staying in a giant tent with a bunch of other people. Everyone just left their stuff out by their beds and it was pretty safe. There are lockers available but people seemed to just leave stuff by their beds. Quiet hours start at 1am and it was actually pretty quiet. I was expecting to hear people trickling in all night but I wasn't woken up. The beds are comfortable and they give you a lot of blankets but no pillow. The bathrooms were surprisingly clean.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
T&V House, Rome, Italy
8.7
30th May 2011

My brother and I stayed here and really enjoyed it. It's a little apartment and the lady who runs it is very nice but doesn't speak English. There is no air conditioning but we didn't find it to be a problem even in the summer. We kept the windows open and it was comfortable though a little loud. Breakfast is included but it's small. Great place and it's very clean and comfortable. I would stay again. Also it's a great location. About a 20 min walk to Colosseum.

×