DownTown Backpackers Hostel, Luang Prabang, Laos
6.9
15th Feb 2018

Clean hostel in great location but I had an incident with the owner. On my 1st night I decided to extend a night with the person at the reception desk who said it was all fine and booked. I later find out this hadn't been done and the owner was shouting at me saying he has no rooms left and I should have checked out that morning. He was very rude and aggressive and I hadn't even done anything wrong. Absolutely shocking treatment, in 5 months of travel I've never had an experience like this.

Mad Monkey Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
18th Dec 2017

Amazing location near khaosan road! Good selection of tours. Nice big lockers and can lock your phone while it charges next to your bed which was very secure. Great atmosphere at the bar. No free shots every hour though like the Phillippines' mad monkeys! Beds are very hard but chances are you're not going to sleep much as you'll be out all night so it's not too bad. I feel it was worth it to stay in a nice, central and clean place.

Hi! We miss you already, you were a great guest and it was awesome to have you here. Thank you for your review - come back soon. Thank you for staying at a socially responsible hostel.

Our Melting Pot - El Nido, El Nido, Philippines
7th Dec 2017

Great hostel in the centre of El Nido. The aircon was really good and it had a nice social atmosphere in the evening. You can book tours and transport at the reception desk which was really convenient. Would recommend!

Sheebang Hostel, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
7.4
1st Dec 2017

Good location close to everything. 24 hour bar is a massive bonus! The atmosphere was abit flat when I was there but it was quiet. Only 2 plug sockets in room of 6 meant I had to charge my phone at the bar. WiFi was also intermittent but it is pretty much everywhere in the Phillipines!

Mad Monkey Boracay, Boracay Island, Philippines
27th Nov 2017

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Brilliant social atmosphere, nice pool and massive beds with your own fan, light and plug socket. The reps River and Connor always got the party started! The only dissapointment was the shower, but that was purely as the standard was so high with everything else I was expecting more! It is stillon a par with the shower of most places I've stayed in the phillipines. Would recommend this hostel to anyone! I hope to come back some day! :)

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
Moalboal Backpacker Lodge, Moalboal, Philippines
23rd Nov 2017

Amazing hostel! I have to admit that I was abit wary about staying here after reading some comments on here, but this hostel completely exceeded my expectations. The beds are the comfiest I've had in the Philippines and the room was also nice and cool as it is open ended and gets a breeze (12 bed dorm). The security was excellent even with phone charging lockers. The location is just across from the beach next to bars and restaurants and great snorkling. The owner also gave lots of useful tips!

19th Nov 2017

Good atmosphere and location 5 mins away from a shopping mall and ATM. Don't allow you to bring outside drinks in but you do get a free beer!

Bahay Kubo Hostel, Manila, Philippines
8.0
18th Nov 2017

Really nice chill out areas and atmosphere. The bedrooms were very hot at night, the fans weren't very effective. Fine for one night as you can't beat the location right in the centre within walking distance of the harbour, mall and spanish town, but I wouldn't stay more than a couple of nights.

Banana Bungalow Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
5th Nov 2017

Good hostel in a great location! Fun activities in the evening, although the dinner was cancelled one night and we weren't informed until we turned up for it which was annoying as we would have eaten elsewhere before coming back to the hostel. They lied and claimed the chef was ill when in fact I was speaking to someone the day before who the chef had told he wasn't going to be doing the next dinner so they clearly knew in advance and hadn't bothered to find a replacement or inform guests.

Walk On The Beach Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
23rd Sep 2017

Great atmosphere at this hostel, the bar is convenient and the security is good with a locked gate entry. The staff were really nice but the rooms weren't good, triple layer beds and the sheets don't fit on the mattresses properly so we're constantly coming off all night and were cracked plastic/ leather underneath so pretty gross! If looking for somewhere cheap though it is a very good option if you can handle basic!

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Sep 2017

Friendliest staff of any hostel I've ever stayed in. The facilities are like a hotel with amazing showers and sinks with big mirrors. I had an amazing stay and felt like on of the family when i left! I would not stay anywhere else in Lisbon!

Sant Jordi Hostel Rock Palace, Barcelona, Spain
5th Jun 2017

As a solo female traveller I felt safe and it was easy to meet people through the evening bar crawls and common areas. Unlimited sangria for 3 euro was great! Rooftop area was great for sunbathing in the centre although the pool wasn't open on the one day I wanted to use it annoyingly! Good location in the centre not too far from Las ramblas and it is easy to get everywhere by metro. Only negative experience was the lady at check in on arrival was rude and unwelcoming.

×