• Ireland, Female, 31-40
Agavero Hostel, Cancun, Mexico
15th Jul 2018

Really enjoyed our stay here. Rooms were clean, hostel staff were friendly and helpful, and the vibe was really chilled. Breakfast was included and was really tasty and felt authenticly Mexican. Would definitely recommend!

Kiez Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
8th Dec 2017

Overall enjoyed our stay here. Well located in Friedrichshain district, close to public transport links, supermarket, and nice bars /restaurants. Rooms were clean and common area was cosy with opportunity to mingle with other guests. Would stay here again.

That ist really great and we would be happy to welcome you again. Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

El Dorado International Hostel, San Gil, Colombia
23rd Oct 2016

My friend and I absolutely loved the chilled out vibe of this hostel, music included. We arrived exhausted and left completely relaxed. The rooms were spacious and clean, with good facilities like kitchen and common area. Location was great and Staff were helpful and welcoming. My only complaint is that the tour company (which we booked through the hostel to do rafting), was disorganised and disappointing. Not the fault of the hostel. I would definitely recommend to stay here in San Gil!!

Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel, Medellin, Colombia
7.1
5th Oct 2016

At the end of the day Happy Buddha is a party hostel, so it will be right up your street if that's what you're looking for. It's definitely a sociable spot. The bar is always packed at night time, however it isn't a place where you're going to meet any locals and the music is just mainstream hits. On the plus side the rooms were clean, the staff were helpful, and the breakfast was included.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
Hostel Mitte, Brno, Czech Republic
7.7
13th Apr 2015

Overall I cannot fault the hostel, and the staff were extremely accommodating when my friend and I wished to change rooms. My only point would be that it needs to be made clear that the private rooms are double (not twin) and are extremely small. As well as this, they can only be accessed through entering into a dorm which could be a bit awkward at certain times. However, the hostel was in a great location, has a lovely café, and as I said before, the staff are friendly and welcoming.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
Art Hostel Taurus, Bratislava, Slovakia
11th Apr 2015

Overall my friend and I had a very enjoyable stay at Art Hostel Taurus. Location was great (within 5 minutes walking distance from old town), our dorm room was clean and comfortable, the staff were helpful and friendly, and the breakfast (included in the price) was decent. The only thing I would say is that it is quiet, which while this suited my friend and me, it might not suit others (we were there off season though, which could be the reason why). All in all, a very positive experience!

Louvre Youth Hostel, Paris, France
24th Jan 2015

My friend and I stayed here for just the one night, primarily because of the central location and value for money , but we were pleasantly surprised with the hostel, especially after having read some negative reviews and the honest hostel description. Certainly it is basic, but it was immaculately clean, with friendly staff, nice dorms and clean linen, and a great free breakfast. There's no wifi, but the hostel points this out. All in all, a positive experience - recommended :)

97 % RATED : thanks a lot for the CENTRAL LOCATION + VALUE FOR MONEY + HONEST DESCRIPTION of our BASIC LOUVRE Youth Hostel "immaculately clean, with friendly staff, nice dorms and clean linen, and a great free breakfast." & as INFORMED with Wi-Fi since 3 Euros in the lobby... FREE WI-FI in any bar, museum, public garden, a block closed to the LOUVRE Youth Hostel... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ LOUVRE YOUTH HOSTEL reserved for real open mind Youth Travellers who are not so precious !

The Secret Garden Quito, Quito, Ecuador
7.4
15th May 2014

Overall I liked this hostel. When I decided at the last minute to take a trip into the Amazon they were very understanding (even though I left one night earlier). However, there are no kitchen facilities. You have to buy breakfast/ dinner there (which are quite average), or eat out. At the same time though there is free tea/ coffee/ filtered water all day long. The staff are helpful and the on-site travel agency is really good. The location is also ok, about a 10 minute walk from the old town.

There are at least a dozen places to eat within 100 metres of the hostel, but we still find that more than half our guests have more than half their meals at our terrace restaurant. Guests tell us that they enjoy eating on our terrace not just for the good food at fair prices, but also the fun, friendly atmosphere and the spectacular views over the Old Town. We're sorry that you did not enjoy some of your meals, but glad to hear that enjoyed everything else about The Secret Garden.

8.0
9th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Barranco Backpackers Inn. It has a chilled atmosphere and is an easy place to meet others and make new friends. The staff and the owner Chris are all friendly and helpful and, although I didn't use the kitchen facilities, they seemed decent. It's in a good location too: in my opinion Barranco is one of the nicer areas of Lima.

Amigo Hostel, Sucre, Bolivia
6.9
31st Mar 2014

Positive: reasonably priced rooms, comfortable beds. Breakfast is included. Location is good - just 2 blocks from main square and close to bars, restaurants, etc. Staff were helpful when needed. Negative: toilets could have been cleaner and had no toilet paper. Showers didn't work properly. The kitchen was locked from 6.30pm until 11am everyday and even then there was no proper fridge in which to store perishables. Internet connection was painfully slow at times.

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
6.6
7th Mar 2014

My friend and I were quite disappointed with our stay at America del Sur hostel. Although the hostel itself was nice and in a great area (San Telmo), we found the reception staff unfriendly and unhelpful (with the exception of one of the girls, who had just started working there). The atmosphere was not what we had expected or hoped for. Planned parties didn't go ahead and for that reason, there was no real vibrancy to the place and it was hard to meet people. We did enjoy the breakfast however!

Timbo Posada, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
8.0
4th Mar 2014

My friend and I really liked this hostel during our visit to Iguassu. It was in the centre of downtown as well as really closeby to the bus terminal. The staff were extremely helpful and willing to answer all of our questions (of which there were many!). I would definitely recommend this hostel for its chilled out, relaxed atmosphere.

×