Location Malaysia, Gender Female, Age 32

• Malaysia, Couple, 25-30
Nhi Trung Hotel, Hoi An, Vietnam
3rd Mar 2018

Location of this hotel was great. Close to Hoi An old town. Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. We got the quietest room that faced the inner garden but it wasn't that quiet either. The area is generally noisy. Busy road right infront of hotel. We ate breakfast in the foyer that was also next to the road, noisy and loud. Free breakfast available but tiny portions. Next time around I might pick somewhere outside of the town as the quiet fields were not that far away.

Back Home Backpackers, Bangkok, Thailand
15th Jan 2018

This hostel has great vibes, good place to meet people. Friendly people and owner, they have activities everyday to sort of bring ppl together. Location is fantastic, close to khao san road. Beds are comfy and toilets adequate though in general not the cleanest I've been to. I only wished the music in the hang out area wasn't too loud especially in the day time. Walked past few other hostels in bkk during my trip, this hostel seemed the liveliest! I'll come bck.

Monkey Maya, Sihanoukville, Cambodia
30th Dec 2017

Hostel and chalets combined. Got a great mixture of crowd here, families, couples and solo bckpackers. Its kinda far out so the restaurant is the only place to get food. Delicious too. Staff is gold. Great place to meet people and "connect" and really just chill, play games, etc. You can rent the kayaks or take a trek to the village nearby. Watch the sunrise AND sunset from the private beach. Good toilets. Beds are comfy, with mosquito nets, lights. Amazing views. I'm already planning a return!

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
25th Dec 2017

A really good hostel. I could not rate it any lower. Staff were helpful. Location was great, near to pub street if thats your thing. Breakfast was value for money, lots of fruits too. Down the street a shop sells great soup noodles. Beds here are the comfiest. Thick mattresses and good solid beds with own reading light, sockets etc. i did not use the cinema or pool. Great place for solo travelers, I met a bunch of nice people here. Not a party hostel but they have pub crawls, food tours etc.

Lovely Jubbly Villa, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
22nd Dec 2017

Great hostel. Walking distance to the riverside. Local bus stop right outside main street. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are air conditioned, beds comfy, they offer tours and tuk tuk to various places like the genocide museum, killing fields etc. They provide you towel and padlock for a $10 deposit. I stayed here twice, in the 10 bed dorm and 6 bed dorm with ensuite. Ensuite bathroom is big. i would definitely come here again.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for staying at Lovely Jubbly Villa, and for taking time to write this lovely jubbly review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to hosting you again. Enjoy your travels! Best regards, Lovely Jubbly Villa Team

• Malaysia, Couple, 25-30
The Loft Hostel Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
13th Sep 2017

My second time here. Comfy hostel. Friendly staff. Feels like home. I'll come back again. And again.

Sunshine Bedz KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20th Jul 2017

Great location! Closed to KLCC and all the usual local attractions. Close to food places, really easy to get food. People busk right in front of the hostel in the day. Starbucks and McD's right below the hostel if thats what you're looking for. Public transport right in front as well. Good lockers. Clean facilities. Comfortable beds. A bit noisy at night from the street below. Value for money. I wished the hangout area was not separated. I didnt join for the nights out but heard it was good.

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
24th Nov 2016

Location was great. Close to the main station. Being right in the red light district wasnt a problem at all. It was a big hostel so less interaction with staff and more people staying. But the hostel was super clean, more than one kitchen serving the floors. Kitchens were also very clean. The rooms were comfortable. The double room at the top was spacious and light. There was free breakfast for those staying more than 3 nights. There was free pasta nights and lots of activities. Good hostel.

Thank you so much!!! Sounds like you had an awesome stay here! :) Hopefully we will see you again soon! Cheers!

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
23rd Nov 2016

Great hostel, very clean. Great location. Took the dorms then switched to double room in the attic. Good room, decent breakfast. I would definitely recommend. I will be coming back soon actually. No complains.

El Warung Cave Hostel, Gran Canaria, Spain
30th Jan 2016

2 nd time here. There were too many people for one toilet/ bathroom.

El Warung Cave Hostel, Gran Canaria, Spain
23rd Jan 2016

Great location. Walking distance to nearby village/shops for basic foods. Small hostel with 8 beds. Beds are super comfortable. Really quiet hostel in a cave, dark and good sleep guaranteed. Great quiet atmosphere. Breathtaking sunset. Definitely going back.

McLays Guest House, Glasgow, Scotland
10th Nov 2015

I got the single bedroom with shared bathroom for a night, thought it was a great deal considering the prices in Glasgow. Old building but newly renovated reception area. Lacked atmosphere at the reception but it hardly matters. Room was excellent. Bed was really comfortable. There was a basin in the room. TV and coffee and tea making facilities. I would stay here again if I have to, but I would take the room with ensuite as it was only slightly more expensive.

Big Fish Budapest Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
4th Nov 2015

Staff/Volunteers here are a 110%. Super clean hostel, ample bathrooms for everyone. I wished the lounge/dining area was bigger. Projector and screen in the lounge so everyone can watched movies or play songs together. That was what we did when I was there. Location was excellent - close to metro stations and the Jewish district. I especially liked it having a coffee machine, I usually don't take instant coffees at hostels. I hung out here after I checked out, I recommend this hostel 100%.

The Loft Hostel Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
28th Oct 2015

This is one my favourite hostels. Loved the big but not too big lounge area that brings people together. I had many lazy days here watching movies. All the facilities were adequate. Wished there were more than two toilets but I was there at a less busy season so there was never a problem. The rooms were huge and comfortable. Location superb. Right across the bridge from the Rudas baths. And close to two metro stations. The whole place had a homely feel. I would come back here again, no brainer!

Multipass Hostel Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
23rd Oct 2015

We had a nice home cooked meal one night when I was there. Staff was brilliant. Friendly, quiet kinda hostel. There were not many people staying when I was there, at times it gets a bit quiet but if that's your kind of hostel I would definitely recommend this place. Loved the loft style bunk beds in the 6 bed dorm. I had my own private space in the loft. Location is good, close to Nyugati Train station and the metros.

Hostel Blues, Bratislava, Slovakia
18th Oct 2015

They had the usual things expected from a hostel. Great staff. It was pretty quiet when I was there and the pub crawl was canceled. Pros: the self service laundrette in the basement. The lounge was big but also cosy. They played a movie for me one day just cause. My room was hot and for some reason people in my room kept closing the window and turning off the fan, I couldn't breathe. And only one shower and toilet for 8 people! Location was great. Would stay again but not that room.

Hostel One Home, Prague, Czech Republic
13th Oct 2015

Great hostel! Excellent staff. Even if you've arrived at the hostel feeling hangry, tired and cranky they'd make it okay again :p Dorms were also spacious. With separate lounge. They do your laundry for you and carry your bags for you! Free dinners every night prepared by the staff. To be honest I didn't enjoy Prague that much but the hostel made a lot of difference. I would recommend! But I'm not a big fan of the type of music in the reception. More Jazz and blues would suit this place bett

Mosquito Hostel, Krakow, Poland
5th Oct 2015

Great small hostel, easy to meet other travelers. The atmosphere here was great, they don't party in the hostel, but bring you out every night, fun activities and free dinners every night. Location was excellent, between station and old town. Staff were great. Washing machine broke down when I was there, other wise they offer free laundry. I stayed there 7 nights. Definitely recommend. THE hostel to be in Krakow.

Oki Doki City Hostel Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
7.1
3rd Oct 2015

Besides all the usual things you'd expect from a hostel, the lounge area was too small, felt more like a waiting area. The hoatel is above a bank, all the spaces are separated between floors and the landing. I hated the room i was in. The bed was right next to the toilet, and the toilet door was a sliding wooden panel that would leave a gap between the sides everytime you tried to lock the door. Room had big windows facing the park so good ventilation. I would stay again but not this room.

Warsaw Downtown Hostel, Warsaw, Poland
8.0
1st Oct 2015

Location was walking distance from station. Metro was close, getting to old town. I usually walk which is roughly 30 minutes. Reception and lounge was in basement, so it was not noisy at nights but when i was there it was really quiet. Breakfast was good for hostel standards. Room and ensuite was basic. But also could be quite stuffy. The guest bathroom upstairs - lock was broken. I would stay here again and would recommend.

24th Sep 2015

Possibly one of my favourite hostels. It had nice furnishings and the beds were solid and comfortable, dark curtains, lights and sockets. 24 hour bar and nice lounge areas. They even did your laundry for you. Location was excellent. I was upgraded to a 4 bed female dorm when I arrived, from a 10 bed mixed dorm. Offered and insisted on you having a welcoming shot as well. Staff were brilliant. Loved my stay. Would recommend!

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel, Vilnius, Lithuania
19th Sep 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location was near the townhall, good food nearby. Atmosphere at the hostel was good. Great mix of travellers coming and going. Breakfast was just waffles, so after the fourth day I was pretty fed up. Beds didnt have curtains and lights, at least not the ones in my room, but in a way I liked it better that way. Great hostel, will come bck again for sure.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a nice review :) We are glad you liked it. We are finishing up the curtain frames for the beds, as we are doing renovations at the moment to freshen everything up and make some long needed adjustments. Safe travels!

Kaunas Apartments, Kaunas, Lithuania
6.3
17th Sep 2015

I booked an apartment for one person and was given a huge apartment that can fit at least 8 people. The layout of the apartment was weird. The location though strategic on laives was in the middle of a construction site. The whole building somehow seemed new since some lights hvent been installed but the apartment itself looked old. The toilet was extremely moldy and the bath tub was falling apart from the wall. I did not feel safe and comfortable in the apartment. Staff were nice and friendly.

Woodah Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
13th Sep 2015

NOT a party hostel, a chilled atmosphere in the cafe playing cool music. Location and staff were great. Loved the man cave idea for bunk beds. Didnt care for the breakfast at all. Serious spatial layout confuguration though. Toilets and basins were separated from the showers by the cafe where you have breakfast at. I would suggest the addition of a large communal table in the cafe. The current layout dont seem to foster any interaction and people seemed to keep to themselves. Good hostel still.

Cocomama, Amsterdam, Netherlands
5th Apr 2015

Location is great. Near to Albert Cuyp market, the museums, etc. Lots of good food near the market. But at least 1/2 hour walk from central station, not so great if you have an early morning flight to catch. For other times, tram stop is right in front of the hostel. I feel this could be a better location than near the station, streets here are less touristy. No breakfast daily which is a shame, but kitchen is well equipped. Kitchen/lounge cosy and nice to hang out at. Staff is excellent.

Flying Pig Downtown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
2nd Apr 2015

Stayed here only for a night but location was excellent, near to Amsterdam central, lots of coffee shops nearby, food places, etc. Good selection of choices for breakfast which is always a good thing for a hostel. Huge though, if you're travelling alone, not so easy to meet people. Rooms are alright, light and sockets with every bed which is great. Smoking room available if you're into that, and the kitchen and lounge is a nice and cosy place to chill.

Hello! Thank you so much for the great review. We are so happy to read you enjoyed our fully equipped kitchen, the free breakfast but most of all our very central location. We hope to see you back some day! Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Dundee Backpackers Hostel, Dundee, Scotland
31st Oct 2014

This was a really good hostel. The location was great, situated right in the middle of town, a short walk from all the important landmarks, Dundee being not very big. The facilities were great. And the place was HUGE. Bigger than I expected. It was in a historical building so you get a feel of the old architecture. There was a huge games room that had a pool table, table tennis, etc. Too bad you could only get Wifi in this area. I would definitely come back here to stay or recommend this hostel.

Light House Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
5th Sep 2014

I stayed a night at the Lighthouse but had to leave really early in the morning. Overall I think its a great hostel if you need a good nights sleep. I liked the smell of the hostel when I first checked in. The place felt nice and homely. There are a few things that could be improved as is with most hostels: That the people working there introduce themselves as working there or be mistaken for guest. Not good when you don't know who to check you out in the early morning.

Hostel of the Sun, Naples, Italy
8.0
4th Jun 2014

The location was great. Staff friendly. It was a really busy hostel when I was there. There are always people coming and going when you're at the reception. Nice place to sit in the lounge. Also has a bar on site. Good restaurants just downstairs. The entrance seems a bit sketchy but once you know you're heading the right way you're fine. Direct bus to the airport just 100 ms in front of the hostel.

Fabrizzio's Petit, Barcelona, Spain