Reviews: smcisaac129

Location USA, Gender Female, Age 24

Kha Hostel & Cafe, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
22nd Aug 2018

This place is a really tucked away down an alleyways, which is nice for a quiet space, but difficult to find at first. Keep your belongings close and personal items (passport, cast, ect.) under your clothes if you have to walk back at night (as suggested by a staff). That's for all of SE Asia though. Staff is friendly, sleeping cabins are minimalistic crate like. Nice quiet spot.

20th Aug 2018

Really friendly staff, tucked away in away from the touristy backpacker street. The staff can help you set up tours. I met a lot of other female solo backpackers at this hostel. Great location too!

Mingle Hostel Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
18th Aug 2018

The place seemed a little industrial, but once I got to know more about it, it seemed to fit with its whole eco-friendly feel. There's also a zero-waste shop next store. I met very kind people there and there was a vegan Syrian meal for dinner the first night, which was a great way to meet others in the hostel. Personal AC, curtain, and locker storage in for beds. Great hostel!

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
15th Aug 2018

Central location, clean facilities, movie theatre, pool, great staff, and 50 cent beer...I mean you can't really go wrong! Plenty of tours are available to book right at the hostel and there's usually a tuk tuk right outside if needed. DO THE SUNRISE TOUR!!! If I could put pictures in this review to show you how much it's worth it, I would! The staff is really friendly. Also, there's a yoga studio with open windows where I was able to spend a day to myself watching the monsoon rains. Incredible.

Hostel Lullaby, Chiang Mai, Thailand
8th Aug 2018

Great hostel! Perfect for a quiet stay in the beautiful Chiang Mai. It was a very calm and color atmosphere and the hosts are so kind and helpful. Not your average hostel breakfast, pancakes! Also, there's free cooking classes for dinner at times and free snacks throughout the day. Very clean as well.

Thank you very much. We are really glad that you happy staying with us :)

BED STATION Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
6th Aug 2018

Really nice hostel! Great location, calm atmosphere, and spectacular facilities (especially the showers with the bath soaps). Had fresh fruit for breakfast. Had lockers in the AC bedroom and the staff was friendly. Would stay there again.

Knight House, Tallinn, Estonia
23rd May 2018

The staff was really nice, but they seemed generally uninterested. Got there early and asked if I could drop my bag off since I was there before the check in time, and she just pointed to the closet and that was that? Went to ask about bar crawl information from a different staff later and he just stared at me. They're nice they just seemed uninterested.

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel, Vilnius, Lithuania
21st May 2018

Staff was super nice and upgraded our room to a private. Lovely hostel down a cute side street, great social area and popular with other backpackers.

DREAM House hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
17th May 2018

Mostly Ukrainian people, not a lot of other international backpackers. There wasn't a large or active social area, but there was a really great bar attached to the hostel that served yummy food. Clean and friendly staff.

Thank you very much for your review. We have a lot of events organised by hostel (free walking tour, bar crawl, ukrainian lessons) so dont hesitate to join us next time! We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again!) Best regards, General manager

Wombats City Hostel London, London, England
3rd Mar 2018

Wish I could rate this even high because the security made me feel very safe. Big lockers, good tech behind all the security, need the card to get in and get on each floor and the room. Good location, 10 min walk from Tower Hill stop on the tube. Was there just for one night for a layover and it was comfortable.

Riad Verus, Fez, Morocco
2nd Mar 2018

This place is like a palace! I felt so relaxed and zenned out during my stay here. Out of all my travels to 30 countries this is my favorite hostel I've stayed in. I stayed here as a solo female traveler. The staff is great, and the hostel pup, Bruno, is so cute! Place is clean, atmosphere is great, and location is right around the corner from the Medina. And an amazing breakfast is included (I say that as a vegan, there was plenty to eat). I can't recommend this place enough.

So happy you rated so highly our breakfast and that it is great for vegans too and that you fetl safe as a solo female too

Dar Dadicilef, Chefchaouen, Morocco
1st Mar 2018

This place is stunning, right in the middle of the Medina. Abdul is so kind. When I went for two nights, it was raining for most of the stay (still worth going to this beautiful blue town). Abdul and the owner lit a fire to warm us up and let me dry my shoes there. I had a late bus after check out and I was able to hangout in the common area until I had to leave. The staff is so kind and my room was perfect and cozy.

Medina Social Club, Fez, Morocco
28th Feb 2018

Only issue was security-wise. If the door was open from the alleyway (main entrance), which it was when I got there, then someone can walk in, walk up to the rooms where there's no key, and just go into the rooms. And its a social club so there's people who aren't staying there going in and out of the hangout common area. There was a locker in the room, but they weren't very big. Other than being so open, it felt safe. The hostel was jaw-dropping stunning, colorful, and peaceful.

Castle Rock Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
24th Feb 2018

This hostel was great! I was traveling with a friend who had never stayed at a hostel before and she loved it. Beer pong set up was nice, beautiful common area, and comfortable sleeping arrangements with lockers available in the rooms, key included for your locker. Nice and clean as well, prime location across from the castle and right in the middle of Old Town.

Generator Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
23rd Dec 2017

My friend and I had an issue with another guest in our room (he and his gf were strung out and it was making us uncomfortable) and the hostel was beyond accommodating with helping us switch our rooms to another floor the other guests couldn't even get on. Their security is amazing and if I could give it higher than a 10 then I would. The staff was great and I wish we could have stayed longer!

He there! Awesoome review! Yewwwwww! Swinging you some #GENlove!!! :-D Super happy to read that you really loved every square inch of what we have to offer here at Generator Stockholm! Great to read that our friendly crew were able to resolve the issue in the shared room as well! Safety first :-) We wish you safe travels and can't wait to see you hanging back here next time! Ciao! Brent Front Office Manager

Marken Gjestehus Hostel, Bergen, Norway
21st Dec 2017

Great place, stayed in a female dorm, wasn't fully booked due to it being winter. Clean and great facilities like the kitchen. Wish the security lockers were a little bigger or reception was open later, but great hostel.

17th Dec 2017

The staff here is absolutely amazing. Bit of a party hostel but there’s a common area where it’s nice to just chill. Loved the atmosphere here and had a great couple of nights with my friend here :).

City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
15th Dec 2017

Excellent hostel! Really easy to find off the t from the airport. Great atmosphere and the fact that they have free ice skate rentals for if you want to ski in the park? Absolutely amazing.

Thanks for all your kind words! We are touched. Hope you had a brilliant time in Stockholm with beautiful memories to take back with you. Have an awesome year and welcome back anytime! Charmaine CBP

Generation YMCA Hostel Basel, Basel, Switzerland
15th Jul 2017

Was here just for a night, but I loved it. Big place with a cool common area, located down the street from the train station, and friendly staff. Would go again :)

13th Jul 2017

This place gave me life! It was the end of a long trip and I was doing work and school work for law school while here and it was the perfect place to relax, breathe, and get work done. Only issue was I had to change my room the first day and had to wait until mid-day to switch my stuff over otherwise leave it out in the common area and switch it later. A little bit of an inconvenience, but I adored this place. Great staff as well, super friendly, kind, and helpful. Would love to go back here!

Caveland, Santorini, Greece
8th Jul 2017

Booked a "private room with a shared bath" but when I got there realized I had to walk through a dorm to get to my room or use the bathroom. A group of girls booked the dorm thinking it would be just for their own use and seemed surprised (and not in a good way) when they realized the room attached was mine and I would be in and out of their dorm and sharing their bathroom. A little bit of an awkward situation, otherwise great hostel! A little walk to town, so rent an ATV (20 euro a day) :D!

Toc Hostel Madrid, Madrid, Spain
30th Jun 2017

Great hostel overall, but when I got there the wifi wouldn't connect to my phone and the staff said sometimes it had problems connecting to iPhones? It fixed itself after a day though. Also they were out of towels to rent when I got there, but had some the next day. It was busy (WorldPride) when I went so that's why the wifi and towels were maybe an issue? Other than those little things great hostel! Good security, location, and staff!

Sirtanus, Catania, Italy
28th Jun 2017

I was only here for a day to study in a quiet place where I could take pizza breaks, but I loved this hostel! The owner is a sweetheart and the place has a real homey feeling. Wish I could have stayed longer, because it was so relaxing! The cacti patio on the rooftop is also very cool.

Doug's Mountain Getaway, Innsbruck, Austria
23rd Jun 2017

I've traveled a lot and Doug's Mountain Getaway is my favorite hostel by far. Everything is perfect, but the atmosphere and staff make the place one of a kind. We took a day trip to the Dolomites and I realized I was struggling to reach the top and the staff helped me every step of the way and were so kind. They're helpful, friendly, and laid back. The hostel itself has some cool ambiance and you can go paragliding and bungee jumping in Innsbruck! Will definitely be back! :)

15th Jun 2017

Was only here for a night and had a really great group in my dorm, so I think that made it a great place for me as is, but excellent hostel as well. Has a lot of character, good location and walking distance to the city center.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
14th Jun 2017

Great fun place, excellent location. I was happy with the security and having the large lockers under the beds. I stayed in the John Travolta room which was fun. It was clean, nice location, cool bar downstairs, but wasn't rowdy so still good if you're looking for quiet, and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Bike rental was also a great plus.

×