Moalboal Backpacker Lodge, Moalboal, Philippines
3.7
21st May 2018

I do not recommend here AT ALL. Staff, mostly useless - double booked my bed, lost part of my washing, and didn’t inform me that there was a common room upstairs (so I thought it was incredibly anti-social for a solo traveller.) Only positive, good location.

M Box, Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
5.7
20th Apr 2018

Beachbums Berawa, Canggu, Indonesia
5.1
12th Apr 2018

I wouldn’t stay or recommend this hostel. Fine for a nights sleep, cheap price. However the atmosphere is dead, showers really smell, some staff couldn’t really assist with advice on what to do/activities etc. Great if you just want a chill, not ideal for socialising.

Hi. I am sorry that you feel your stay was not ideal. Although I note that you did extend for one more night. Our guest usually comment on how friendly and social the common area and veranda is. Activities. Berawa is a bustling travelers area with a great beach and some of the best surfing in Bali. I will investigate your other issues. Happy Travels

@ The Little Red Dot, Singapore, Singapore
10th Apr 2018

Really decent hostel - lovely to have a breakfast too! Fab location, atmosphere was very dead however - but fine for a couple of nights to explore the city.

Stones Bar Dorm Rooms and Restaurant, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand
7.4
5th Apr 2018

If you want to party - stones is the place! There’s 0 social area in the day time - unless you can randomly chat to people sitting on a beach. The music also goes on till 2am - which is fine unless you’re hoping to get an early night.

Athenstyle, Athens, Greece
6.6
1st Sep 2015

Unfortunately Athens is usually a common stop over point so not many people stay for long periods of time so it can be hard to become pals with people when you're travelling solo. However, if you are staying a few nights, Pluto's tour of Athens was a brilliant way to meet new people and see all the surrounding areas! I found the reception staff to be rude and unhelpful, and everything came at an additional cost. Wifi wasn't great but could connect in the evenings.

Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking some time to review our hostel. We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed the Free Walking Tour around the city. Besides the Free Walking Tour we also provide our guests with free breakfast and free WiFi. Our Rooftop bar and Club Next Door are also great places to socialize and meet new people. In the near future we will have free WiFi in all rooms! Happy Travels, AthenStyle.

Francesco's, Ios, Greece
28th Aug 2015

I had a great stay at Francesco's! Great location, a minute's walk from the first bar. As a solo traveller I did find the atmosphere to be full of Australian groups, however the '10pm welcome drinks' and outside bar made it easy for everyone to get involved. Room's were comfortable, pool was great, wifi was turned off in the evenings. Staff were brilliant and truly made you feel at home! Also close to a bus stop to get to Far Out Beach Club during the day.

Jimi Hostel, Paros, Greece
7.7
24th Aug 2015

As a solo traveller I was initially concerned about being in a room which wasn't a dorm, however due to the common room in the reception people quickly began talking and the atmosphere was fantastic. The outside terrace was brilliant for pre-drinks, and everyone would get together and go out as a group in the evening! Maria was so helpful and kind, and really made you feel like she knew you personally.

Youth Hostel Plakias, Crete, Greece
18th Aug 2015

To everyone I spoke to about Plakias, everyone said that 'you will want to stay longer' - and I did! Most amazing atmosphere, with happy hippy travellers. As a solo traveller, everyone was so lovely and welcoming. Make sure you go on the 'river walk' behind the hostel, and up all the river gorge's - was the best day of my stay! No security, however it's not needed in this hostel - you can't explain it till you've been there! Great location - great hostel. Who doesn't love a sleep in a hammock!?

Rethymno Youth Hostel, Crete, Greece
16th Aug 2015

I had a great stay at Rethymno and I think that was mainly due to the people I met at the hostel! Great location - quite hard to find on the map and directions given though! Security is not brilliant, however it's a trustworthy hostel! I slept 'in the roof' - amazing space where you're woken by the sun rising in the morning, much cooler then the rooms! Good showers, and decent wifi.

Youth Hostel Anna, Santorini, Greece
6.3
14th Aug 2015

Due to being put in a small dorm room, and there not being a large communal space to meet people, I found it to be an incredible un-sociable hostel. Each person had an individual locker, and wifi could just about be connected downstairs. Highlight was going on the boat trip to the volcano and hot springs, brilliant way of meeting people - and great value for money!

×