Location England, Gender Female, Age 29

Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
6.6
10th Oct 2017

No lockers in the room. The only ones available were in reception in a different building. Not many showers to share between everyone. No mirror in the room so I had to heat style my hair blind then leave the room for the mirror down the corridor. Not great ahead of a work day. The location was good in terms of proximity to the centre but didn't feel very safe walking though at night, and I'm well accustomed to travelling alone and staying in city centres. Great guy on reception- very helpful.

Abercorn House, London, England
6.0
21st Sep 2017

Shocking service from the receptionist on arrival. Despite the website specifying that you need ID to check in, he had given my room to someone else. Before he asked a housekeeper to investigate the situation, I watched him sit and send a text to someone. No urgency whatsoever. During my stay, I found that there were a number of young and vulnerable people staying at this hostel so I found his careless attitude really troubling. I hope he behaves more compassionately towards other people

5.1
7th Mar 2016

Biggest disappointment was that the pool wasn't operational- this wasn't stated anywhere on the website when booking and was really frustrating in the muggy weather. The dorm room didn't lock and I didn't like the fact that anyone could walk in and out. There were also a lot of moskitoes because doors and windows were left open. I also didn't like the fact that the toilet bins only seemed to be emptied once during the night and not during the day and the shower mats seemed a bit grotty

Chiangmai Gate Capsule Hostel, Chiang Mai, Thailand
6.0
28th Feb 2016

Compared to other hostels I have stayed in for the same price, I found it dark, dirty and looking quite tired. Although the main door security is good the lockers are so small you can't get your bag inside. I stayed in a building secondary to the main reception and the only time I saw staff was when they were entering the bedroom to clean at 9am! Too early for some people staying there. The road outside is busy and tricky to cross and a bit of a walk to find a cafe for breakfast.

Stamps Backpackers, Chiang Mai, Thailand
26th Feb 2016

Very popular and busy hostel- can be a little intimidating walking through the large communal area where reception is. Really liked the pod design of rooms so you get a bit of privacy- if you're a light sleeper the showers being in the room may be a nuisance to you. Good location near some excellent day spots and great bars- having stayed on the other side of the old town I can safely say Stamps had the better location. Great lockers too- huge so you can put your big bag in there

Wayla Hostel, Koh Lanta, Thailand
23rd Feb 2016

Absolutely loved rating at Wayla and I was one of many guests I met who stayed longer than they were anticipating. I cannot rate the staff highly enough- they are constantly friendly and accommodating. They have also saved me a lot of money by recommending cheap airport transfers and scooter rentals. They are also very knowledgeable about Lanta and an give you directions anywhere and in excellent English. The communal areas are lovely- a really pleasant stay, thank you! :)

Gotum Hostel & Restaurant 2, Phuket, Thailand
21st Feb 2016

Really enjoyed my stay here- the staff were excellent- very friendly and accommodating. They helped me save a lot of money on my onwards journey to Phi Phi as well as helping me rent a moped which was delivered to the hostel. This was really going the extra mile. They also allowed me to leave my bag in the lobby before checking in which saved me a lot of hassle- I would have liked there to have been lockable storage though so this is the reason for only giving 4 out of 5 for security.

Yodsiam Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
19th Feb 2016

Really enjoyed my stay here, the building is so unique. A market is set up overnight directly underneath the communal areas so there's a nice hubbub into the evening and the open front means you get a cross breeze off the river. Lots of fans nice little touches- the artwork on the walls give it a very unique character (as if you needed more!) only scored down on the atmosphere because there were so few other people staying- this must change! They are excellent :)

×