Location Italy, Gender Female, Age 28

Best Island Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
5.4
14th Jun 2018

The hostel is very central. However there is no atmosphere and it is extremely basic, I honestly would not recommend not even if you just wanted a mattress. I stayed in a room with no windows or curtains, just a broken glass door that I had to keep open to get some kind of air, it did not feel safe. WiFi was not working on my floor either. I would definitely stay in another area and discover more of Istanbul beyond the typical Sultanahmed.

Phoenix Hostel, London, England
6.0
29th May 2018

The hostel was close to where I needed to be and I had to stay for one night only but if I had to stay longer I would definitely stay somewhere else. Old facilities that did not look clean, super small bathrooms and sinks, the dorms needed more airing, they did not nice smell when you entered. There are better and more central hostels in London for the same price. Breakfast is not included. The staff was super nice and helpful though.

Hostel Old Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
12th May 2018

My friend and I were happily impressed by everything in this hostel, beyond any expectations. The welcome is so warming, the interior design is unique and cozy. The hot drinks 24/7 and the home made lemonade and the chilled cats around made us want to extent our stay. It is central and in the best part of Plovdiv, the old town, walking distance to the main sites. Thank you for everything you did for us!

• Italy, Couple, 25-30
Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
10th May 2018

The hostel is in a perfect location, very central so you can easily reach everything by foot. The lounge with its atmosphere is unique. The included breakfast and dinner make this place the perfect place for anyone. The staff also is nice and helpful. I'm coming back with my friend, cannot imagine being anywhere better than this. Thanks for everything guys!

Meramees Hostel, Cairo, Egypt
26th Jan 2018

Best place to stay in Cairo, amazing breakfast too so I came back. Perfect location, good vibes, good facilities, nice staff. Thanks for everything!

L'Hotel Particulier, Paris, France
18th Jan 2018

The hostel is in a perfect location, a few steps from the station, cafes and a supermarket, the room is lovely, nice unique atmosphere. However, the staff was not helpful at all. We had to stay more than literally two hours outside in the cold in the rain tired with backpacks waiting to check in. They apologised by discounting me 2 euros, that was not a good customer service. I would not recommend.

Trendy Hostel, Paris, France
8th Oct 2017

The staff was amazing and made my stay. The beds in the dorms have a handy curtain. The showers are not very comfortable as you have to keep pushing the button, but apart from that the facilities are always clean. Good basic breakfast too. The hostel is not in the city centre but easily reachable by metro. Planning to stay here again when back in Paris. Merci Trendy Hostel!

27th Jun 2017

The lady at the reception was rude with me and others. The rest of the staff was nice and friendly. The big dorm should have more windows or something for some fresh air. The showers are a bit outdated. Apart from that, quite central and easy to go to the city centre from.

Buenaventura Surf House, Fuerteventura, Spain
27th Jun 2017

Corralejo is the place to stay for solo travellers, great place to stay, feels like staying at home, everything is close. Basic breakfast but enough, supermarkets just around the corner too. Will definitely come back here.

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool, Liverpool, England
19th May 2017

Great location, easy to find from Lime Street station, right next to amazing places to eat, but the price for a bed in a very basic dorm was exaggerated. If I'd had to stay longer I'd have probably changed to another hostel. Most of the staff is amazing though, and they go the extra mile to help you in any way.

Hey, Thank you for your comments. Glad to hear you made the most of our location here at Hatters, were very lucky to be in such a good spot. It's lovely to hear the staff made a lasting impression on your stay. Please look out for rooms during the week as the prices are lower than the rates at the weekend. Thank you, Hatters

Stay Inn, Jerusalem, Israel
22nd Jan 2017

The best hostel in Jerusalem. Great facilities, the laundry, the beds, the amazing coffee 24/7, the staff always willing to help you. I booked only 2 nights and ended up staying 6! I loved everything about this place and I felt at home. I recommend this place to anyone wanting to come to Jerusalem and I will definitely come back. Thank you guys.

Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
21st Jan 2017

The hostel is huge, there was a party the night I got there and it was amazing. The staff and Itay in particular was so nice, helpful and patient with all my questions. The breakfast was one of my best memories of Tel Aviv seriously. I cannot imagine a better hostel in this city and told everyone to come here. One of the best hostels I have ever been to.

Kaktus Hostel, Marrakech, Morocco
6.9
1st Oct 2016

Although the staff is great and there is a nice cute atmosphere, I would not recommend this hostel if someone is looking for comfort. I never complain but the beds were really hard, I have seen the bathrooms being cleaned but they were dirty, tap not working and there were always bugs, which I could not stand. They do not give you keys, you have to knock the door every time you go out and at night everyone is sleeping. The members of the staff made my trip though, thank you Amine for the patience!

24th Aug 2016

My favourite place in Birmingham. Great as usual.

Clink78, London, England
12th Aug 2016

At a walking distance from the city centre stations, amazing facilities, probably the coolest hostel Ive ever stayed in, it was always clean too. Friendly and helpful staff. My dorm in the afternoon was hot and needed fresh air but there was a fan. Sad I never tried the breakfast :( Overall, good price for such a good hostel in central London. Oh and thefree walking tour! I would have missed a lot without it. Will definiely come back here with friends when I'm in London again. Thank you Clink78!

Thanks a lot Norca! We love to hear that you had a great time :-) See you back again soon hopefully ! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

YHA Liverpool, Liverpool, England
19th Jul 2016

The hostel has a really nice atmosphere, I have stayed in a female dorm with its own bathroom (not granted in every hostel), every bed has its own socket and light which came in handy at night. The place is clean. The staff is nice and helpful. I would have liked that the breakfast was included but other than that, I definitely recommend this hostel and will come back here when in Liverpool :)

Hello, thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us :) Reception

27th Jun 2016

Second time at this hostel, this time in a private room which I loved. Clean, towels provided and I really appreciated the little details like the bottles of water and the biscuits on the bedside tables. Great atmosphere as always, helpful staff. Best hostel, definitely staying here again whenever I come back to Birmingham. Thank you guys, keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the good review. We know details can make the difference and we're happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon for an even better third stay!

Kinlay House Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
6th Jun 2016

Great facilities and the general atmosphere, the location, loved the busy breakfast, overall. My friend and I stayed in the biggest mixed dorm; all the beds have a cool handy locker on the floor. You had to pay for the padlock, which we didn't get, and not all beds had a socket next to them, but everything was safe and nothing got stolen anyway. Best aspect probably: the free guided tour of Dublin! Can't beat all this. To come back here definitely. Keep doing the amazing work!

Mavi Guesthouse, Istanbul, Turkey
9th May 2016

I couldn't have been in a better hostel. I stayed a week and it felt like being in a warm family, I already miss the breakfast together. The location is the best, I didn't use the Istanbul ticket. I could see the Blue Mosque from my bedroom window too. I couldn't imagine going to another hostel when I come back.

23rd Mar 2016

Good location, great atmosphere, clean. Everything you need. Plus, breakfast included. Reasonable price. I definitely recommend it and will come back. Thank you Hatters Backpack Hostel!

Hi, Thanks for the comments - fantastic to hear you had a good time. Creating a great atmosphere is what we are all about. Look forward to seeing you again!

×