Location USA, Gender Female, Age 22

Hostel Manaus, Manaus, Brazil
31st Oct 2017

Great stay. Everything is walking distance. You can find day tours for half the price if you go to the port yourself. The staying in the lodge I'm sure you can bargain for a better price but are so well organized it is worth it regardless. I would recommend to do this trip with a group. As a young woman I often felt uncomfortable with amount of male presence and lack of women. Also a lot of couples. I did it alone and still fun!

Wallys House Hostel, Pousada e Bar, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
17th Oct 2017

They're starting out but I see them doing great things. I believe we stayed with them in the first week of opening so the breakfast is very Brazilian with bread, crackers, juice and coffee. Staff is super nice and gave the hostel that original back in the day hostel feeling that keeps you coming back. It had genuine people and was a genuine experience. Can't wait to see how they evolve in the future. Also the place is HUGE!

BH Boutique Hostel, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
2.0
17th Oct 2017

When I arrived after booking through hostelworld and emailing a month in advance, I was denied my stay there as well as my refund of the deposit. The man at the counter was of no help and had no customer service skills. This has happened to me before so I understand but the owner then gave me my money back for my troubles, meanwhile no one has yet to own up for my money lost.

Atalaia Adventure Hostel, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
1st Aug 2017

Great place to stay, breakfast was really good as well. Provided bread, cheese, ham, butter, jam, fruit, coffee, yogurt, cake, and juice. It was a bit lonely and further away from the action as it's actually in a local neighborhood setting rather then on the main street of Foz but super close to the airport. you can get anywhere you need to go via the 120 bus. Grocery store is less then two blocks away, cleaned everyday.

Found, Buenos Aires, Argentina
17th Jul 2017

I was able to take public transportation anywhere. In the center of a whole lot of food and clubs. It was nice to have curtains. The water wasn't too hot and the trashcans were small so I always got unlucky with the overflowing trash in the morning. The breakfast is pretty much just croissants and sometimes some pretty good pastries with coffee. The dishes were never washed properly so I was alway grossed out but that's the guests fault. Nice terrace

Selk Hostel, Santiago, Chile
7.4
16th Jul 2017

I arrived and then was told that there was no space for me. He let me use his wifi and paid me back the deposit but really it just wasted my time. From what I did see it could have a nice vibe, cold and seemed like it was under construction

Don Santiago Hostel, Santiago, Chile
10th Jul 2017

Perfect, warm and amazing breakfast! Juanita does an amazing job, it includes apples, oranges, kiwi, eggs, slices of tomato and zucchini with toast and juice. Coffee and tea all day long. There are instruments as the owner is a performer himself. Wonderful bakery down the street. Everything you may want to see is a 15-30 min walk. Minutes away from metro and bus stops and 17 from museum of memory. Literally the best I could of asked for. Also workers are super intelligent and friendly! ❤️❤️❤️

Hostal_Pangea, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
5.1
6th Jul 2017

No wifi. They need to provide an indoor common area room that doesn't allow for the cold to come in beside rooms where people sleep. Did not try to accommodate early breakfast. Should provide heaters and daily bonfires. Hot water ran out. Breakfast was a dabble of yogurt on weird cereal, tea, juice and bread. Almost murdered for asking for extra jam. Save your money and get the cheapest, warmest hostel with no breakfast. Breakfast is provided in early tours. No atmosphere, freezing.

Hostel Galeria 13, Salvador, Brazil
16th Jun 2017

Favorite hostel I have stayed in thus far. Very convenient location and facilities. always helpful and the breakfast was filling. Relaxing

Cafe Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
26th May 2017

A lot of the people who work there are also staying there in the same rooms as you.

Hey love, we are glad that over all you enjoy the hostel. It´s sad to read that cause here at café hostel we care so much for the people that help us here, we have 4 volunteers and they have their own private room at the bottom floor of the hostel( at the Garden), we build a room just for them so they can have privacy and rest when they are no working. So it´s impossible that workers were at the dorms if they have a private room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. All the best Luis

Nomads Hostel Iguazu, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
1st Apr 2017

People at the front desk were amazing! Pretty great location, and adorable pets. Breakfast was great! Loved it sort of quiet at night though.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Sitio Green Hostel, Ilha Grande, Brazil
17th Mar 2017

It was so beautiful! Got lost finding it, and it is about a 15 min walk/ mini hike from the coast but so worth it! It was so beautiful and I without a doubt will come back.

Macao Beach Hostel, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
13th Sep 2016

Different experience. It's the people of Macao that make it great

Mango Mansion, San Juan, Puerto Rico
4th Sep 2016

Amazing! Loved my stay, they had well air conditioned rooms, organized and easy to find people willing to show you around or other travlers intrested in adventure. They were very helpful from start to finish. Only thing we didn't know was check in starts at 2pm, different from most hostels so I got confused but they were more then willing to hold our stuff so it was hardly a problem.

Flying Pig Beach Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8th Jun 2016

Pretty chill but far from the main attractions of Amsterdam

Katerina And John Hotel, Santorini, Greece
27th May 2016

Great for the price. Has a pool, walking distance from the black beach. Has four-wheeler renters next door (VERY Convenient, Highly recommend!). Owners are super helpful and nice. The travelers themselves staying there are also super nice, and in the same mindset to explore. Only issues was the shower, it was not the best, but even then not the worse. Also not many outlets so bring a charger with multiple USB ports. I felt way safer there then in athens for sure. All in all, I would stay again

×