20th Aug 2018

Stayed here before. Like a certain type of 24 bed dorm as they are large and spacious. I booked this but they upgraded me to a four bed mixed dorm ensuite. However these rooms are very small and cramped and very humid at night. So I did not sleep well. Would stay again but would stress I want the large dorm as it has some kind of ventilation and air. Otherwise all ok as usual

Hey Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your free upgrade. Next time just let us know and we can always swap you back to the bigger dorms. Enjoy the rest of your trip Hatters

Sparks Hostel, Rotterdam, Netherlands
2nd Aug 2018

Very good hostel. Love the beds with the way you are totally private. Plenty of plug sockets, and places to put things. Big lockers, and they give towels free. Well run, friendly and efficient staff.

Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
7.4
24th May 2018

The staff are good and the common room is ok if you dont mind endless music and tv. It is a good place to meet people. The dorms are mostly in another block. Mine was really small and full, and there is zero place to store your luggage and no lockers unless you want to pay and have a locker in the other block. They were doing refurbishments and drilling until 10pm. Some food I placed in the small upstairs kitchen was stolen. So it is the sleeping facilities and overall security issues.

The Bristol Wing, Bristol, England
23rd May 2018

This is a Superhostel. There is plenty of communal space and cooking facilities, the rooms are clean and have individual lockers. The dorm beds have curtains for privacy. Only one thimg...they are a bit short on bathrooms. I did not have to wait, but I am an early riser. Might be a bit pushed to get a shower easily when full. Otherwise really great!

Globe Backpackers Exeter, Exeter, England
11th May 2018

It's a nice hostel with a lot of potential. But the communal areas lack atmosphere and are rather gloomy. I dont want a party hostel, but thete are a few gloomy and dismal characters around and the whole place could do with a lighten up

YHA London Earls Court, London, England
4th Dec 2017

Love this hostel. Only needs a lift

Thanks for the great review! We hope you can stay again with us in the future!

Venture Hostel, London, England
7.4
29th Sep 2017

The place is decent enough and although out of town it is easy to find and well located for transport, eateries, shops etc. There are privacy curtains, beds are quite comfortable and there is a locker per person. However,some of the people who were staying there were rather 'dodgy'. there was a couple 'having it off' in my room, and on Monday morning omeone was about to smoke a joint out of a fully open window on a cold day. When I challenged him, he was very aggressive. Better vetting needed J

hanks for your comment, we are sorry about the guest in the room, next time, please inform the staff on duty and we will take care of any issue for you. we hope we shall see you next time

Igloo Backpackers Hostel, Nottingham, England
1st Sep 2017

Igloo are a nice little batch of hostels, I have stayed in the Hybrib one too. This one has a female dorm option as well. There are nice little touches like hand towels in bathrooms, bathmats etc. Kitchen is nicely set out with free tea and coffee and lots of bits to help yourself if you forgot to buy. It is very much based on a trust system and a Green system. The beds are a touch larer and comfier and the quilts more snuggly than the average hostsl and whole atmosphere is of communal living.

YHA Stratford upon Avon, Stratford-upon-Avon, England
18th Aug 2017

Beautiful building. Bit cold as doors were left wide despite chill. Strange atmosphere. Great kitchen and garden. When I went to my room all beds seemed occupied so I asked in reception. They immediately came in and changed four beds although there were some possessions on all, and told me to take any! Then in night some girl came looking for her bed! They had to relocate her then. I asked if another dorm was vacant as mine was very dark but was told no, yet they relocted the other girl...

Igloo Hybrid, Nottingham, England
13th Jul 2017

It is a nice hostel with friendly staff. My only problem is...I hate mixed dorms, and had thought it was a female one. I do not like spending the night with so many men at cloee quarters in thqr size of room. My mistake, but last time we were only girls in the dorm and it was a much better feeling

YHA London Earls Court, London, England
8th Jul 2017

There are lovely public areas, a gorgeous garden, friendly and extremely helpful staff who even carried my various large luggage up for me, kitchen is extremely well facilitated, plenty of space for everyone. I will of course stay here again. It is not dead central but more leafy and calm than central London and I know the area well. You can walk easily to many places from here and the roads are peaceful and green. Dorms have good large personal lockers and individual chargers and lights.

Hi diane, Thank you so much for providing us with feedback about your stay. I shall let the rest of the team know how helpful they were during your time at the hostel. We are lucky to have a great location and having a small courtyard is always a plus with our guests. We hope to see you again. YHA Earls Court

Central Hostel, London, England
4th Jul 2017

It's a funky little hostel made nice by very friendly relaxed staff and people who respect each other and give space and privacy in quite small rooms. Its honesty is con firmed by the fact that I left a phone and charger there and got it back with no problem. It is a bit pricey for the room size but is a superb location. Kitchen could be larger and maybe some fans for the dorms, also individual security boxes or lockers. But I enjoyed it and would stay here again.

HostelPoint Brighton, Brighton, England
27th Jun 2017

People are very friendly, informal and helpful here. Only nag is communal areas are not 24 hours and since I wake early it was a bit difficult as there was nowhere to hang out.

Igloo Hybrid, Nottingham, England
6th Dec 2016

This is the best hostel i have stayed in so far as it combines the excellent attention to detail of the YHA with the friendliest and most helpul staff and a great atmoshpere. Even better, the beds are all with their own reading light, plug socket and two USB ports, and made of wood mot metL, no creaking and a lovely cosy tucked in feel. Definitely stay again!

Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
2nd Dec 2016

Its great, I am back there now for two more nights. More atmospheric than other jostels, very easy to make friends, homey atmosphere and great communal area. Showers n toilets not en suite is actually better as there are many and you are never waiting. Eleven out of ten!!

4th Nov 2016

My only down on this place was that in the relaxing area for eating and chilling it was a little old, and the rooms are also rather cold, glad I brought my own extra blankets.

×