Reviews: JoJoRTW

Location England, Gender Female, Age 40

Bassetto Guesthouse, Florence, Italy
22nd Jun 2018

This beautiful hostel is the best place I've ever stayed. The staff (Phil, Liza and Jo) go above and beyond to create a home away from home in a stunning location away from the hustle of Florence, with a daily drop off at the train station making surrounding cities easily accessible. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

The Madpackers Hostel, New Delhi, India
21st Apr 2018

9th Mar 2018

The only thing this place is missing is a pool! Had an amazing stay and really didn't want to leave. One of the friendliest hostels I've stayed at.

Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
7.7
22nd Feb 2018

Exactly what I was looking for out of a hostel in central Birmingham, however management instructing staff not to accept perfectly legal tender (the old ten pound notes, which do not go out of circulation for another few weeks) is pretty disgusting.

Lazy House Shenanigans, Koh Phangan, Thailand
6.6
5th Aug 2017

Great location for full moon BUT the rooms smelled of damp, the pool was disgustingly filthy, the shower didn't drain properly, and there was NO WATER on two occasions. I was unable to take a shower either before full moon or the morning/early afternoon of the day after. TOILETS COULD NOT BE FLUSHED Given the extortionate prices charged by the owner for full moon and the fact you have to stay 4 nights I expect good sanitation as a basic. The staff were lovely, but I couldn't recommend.

A BROKEN PIPE CAUSE THE PROBLEMS ....Some time between 7 pm and 9pm on fullmoon evening a PIPE BURST ,this affected the pressure throughout the entire building .It also helped drain the 36,000 liters of water stored in tanks . Getting a builder to come out of Fullmoon night was impossible . we refilled the tanks just to have them empty through the ruptured pipe .We finally located the rupture in the morning as it was impossible to find in the middle of the night . It took time to fix it properly but we did get the water back on as quickly as humanly possible . this could of happened anywhere at anytime ,its was incredibly bad luck that it happened on fullmoon time . To suggest that we run our hostel like this at all time is a little pathetic of you but hey ho.... jog on

Mad Monkey Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
18th Jul 2017

I love this hostel. All of the staff (in particular Izzy, Bobby and Belle) do a fantastic job. The rooms are clean, have firm but comfortable beds, air-con, plenty of storage (just remember your padlock) and there is a light and plug socket for each bed. The pool isn't huge but is perfect for cooling off. The food isn't great, considering the price, but there are plenty of restaurants (and 7 Elevens!) nearby. And it's an easy walk to Khao San Road.

It was an absolute delight having you stay with us in BK, thank you so much. I am very pleased you had fun with us! Thanks again for staying at our socially responsible hostel.

Backpack OZ, Adelaide, Australia
8th Jun 2017

Love this hostel. The staff are absolutely fantastic and keep the place spotless. Free breakfast and cheap beer. My only criticism is that it is cold (due to windows and doors being left open). But I liked it so much I stayed on two occasions! There are a lot of long term residents as well as backpackers, but they're a very friendly bunch!

Slumber Party Krabi, Krabi, Thailand
21st Feb 2017

An awesome hostel! The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly and the party just keeps on going!

Hangover Hostel, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand
14th Feb 2017

Mr Singh is an absolute legend! My stay at Hangover was one of my best hostel experiences so far. Met friends for life. When someone vomited over my bed Mr Singh cleaned up, insisted on giving me his bed for the night and slept on the floor. He was the most accommodating and welcoming host. He took great care of us and provided copious amounts of whiskey! I couldn't recommend this place more!

×