Absoloot Value Accommodation, Queenstown, New Zealand
28th Jun 2018

The location is unbeatable,it is easy access the lake, trails, resturants, shopping,public transportation and grocery stores. The kitchen has a million dollar view and was never too busy. Most ppl left early for skiing during my winter stay. The 6 mixed bedroom dorm had a window wall, which meant all street sounds from pedestrians,drunk pedestrians and surrounding businesses could be heard. If you're a light sleeper, or you usually hit the sack before 10 pm, it can be disturbing.

Hi there, thank you for your review. The scenery from our kitchen is certainly beautiful, we never get tired of looking out at those mountains and the lake! Due to our premier location on the water front, street noise is something that is unavoidable and it's also something that is beyond our control. We do provide free ear plus to help. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great time in Queenstown.

Glow Worm Accommodation, Franz Josef, New Zealand
23rd Jun 2018

Very cozy hostel. There are heaters in the 4 bedroom ensuite with private toilet and shower.The mini kitchen in the room was a nice benefit. Breakfast and dinner was good. I would stay here again.

Mountain Jade Backpackers, Hokitika, New Zealand
22nd Jun 2018

Friendly owners made the stay very welcoming. The heater inside the 6 bedroom dorm was not big enough to comfortably heat up the whole room, but there are extra blankets to battle the cold days and nights. The commons rooms was large, but cold. The other facilities were very clean. The location couldn't be better.

Urbanz Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand
21st Jun 2018

At the time of my stay there was construction making it a bit challenging to walk to the hostel, but the location was still good. All of the facilities were very clean. It tended to be cold throughout the day on the room even with the heater placed on the highest setting.The washer and dryer worked great and the showers were nice and hot.There's plenty of room in the commons area and kitchen.

The Marion, Wellington, New Zealand
18th Jun 2018

This is a fabulous hostel! My only complaint is how cold the dorms can get during winter. Perhaps adding curtains or heaters in the future would make the hostel even better. The restrooms,showers, TV rooms and kitchen were always clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful ,which added to my great experience at the hostel. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Tiki Lodge, Taupo, New Zealand
17th Jun 2018

It's a hike to get to from the isite with a large backpack, but the view is great. The included breakfast was a nice touch. Not much of an atmosphere, but maybe it was the slow season. There are small heaters in the room and the beds are warm and comfy.The staff was amazingly helpful.

Kia Ora, thank you for taking the time to write us a review and glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found Tiki warm and comfortable which is exactly what you want on a cold winters day :-) I'm sorry if you found the 0.7km walk from the I-site too long but we do feel its a great location as its still close to town but far away enough not to be disturbed by the bars which the closer backpackers to the I-site tend to be. But the view from the kitchen / balcony area is epic which we are very lucky to have and also the quietness at night is also a bonus :-) Unfortunately this time of year it is quieter and some guests provide more of an atmosphere than others I guess thats a variable thing that can change from day to day depending on guests moods but we do advertise as a chilled out backpackers which many travellers enjoy :-) Thank You again and I hope you continue to enjoy your travels around NZ :-)

Rotorua Central Backpackers, Rotorua, New Zealand
14th Jun 2018

I loved this hostel. Great hosts who are full of suggestions to make your time in Rotorua memorable. Great atmosphere, even made a traveling friend. Ended up traveling down to Wellington together. The facilities were always clean and it was nice and warm throughout the hostel.

YHA Auckland International, Auckland, New Zealand
13th Jun 2018

The dorm room was small and the position of my bunk made it difficult to climb. It was crammed between the wall and another bunk with the ladder being hardly accessible. Luckily the was noticed by a traveler on the bunk mine was squished beside and she gave me permission to climb on her bunk in order to get to mine. The showers, toilets and commons area were very clean. The woman at the travel booth helped me plan out my trip, which was very helpful.

Union Hotel, San Francisco, USA
6.9
10th Jun 2018

I didn't sleep well because it was a sketchy area and the constant smell of someone smoking. The shower door didn't lock security. The location was extremely close to public transportation which was great.

Dreamboat Hostel, Panajachel, Guatemala
16th Mar 2018

Lovely new hostel with a warm greeting staff. The dorms were roomy and had lockers. I was only able to find 3 outlets on one side of the wall, even though the room had 4 people. The beds were comfortable and clean. One thing that could be improved is the restroom. We were told hot showers were available, but the water never got warm. In addition, our shower did not drain well. My feet were submerged by the end of my shower. Great commons and balcony area.I would recommend this hostel.

Villa Esthela, Antigua, Guatemala
13th Mar 2018

Phenomenal staff! The room we stayed in was a bit dim,but comfortable over all. The restrooms were well maintained and the roof top was lovely. I would recommend this hostel.

Bourbon St Hostel Boutique, Cartagena, Colombia
22nd Jul 2017

Yup! This hostel lived up to all of the great reviews. Let me start with the staff, they make you feel like ur visiting a long lost friend. They will do anything to ensure you enjoy your stay. The dorms are worth every cent. The location couldn't be better with surrounding resturants, shops and main attractions. I highly recommend this hostel when staying in Cartagena.

Ivy Hostel, Medellin, Colombia
20th Jul 2017

The hostel was superb!It looked and felt like I was staying in a hotel with the best customer service.The lounging areas were very spacious and comfortable, great for meeting people. Hot showers were available with great pressure.The dorms were clean and comfortable.Breakfast was self serve but delicious, very filling. Lastly,the staff,Dani was so helpful and welcoming.She provided all the information I was looking for and was very willing to answer questions.I would definitely stay here again.

ArtVelez Hostel, Salento, Colombia
18th Jul 2017

This is a lovely hostel that in the works of completion. The dorm was very spacious and modern. The restroom was very clean and the shower had hot water. We loved the location as it was just a straight up the street walk to the square. The owner was very helpful and accomodating from the beginning of our stay to the end.There isn't much of an atmosphere, but it's great for a quiet cozy stay.

Friends hostel, Quito, Ecuador
13th Jul 2017

I enjoyed my stay in the female dorm.The room was clean,spacious and comfortable.Breakfast was good. More frequent restroom cleanings would be better since male guests tend to pee on the seat and don't flush.The staff is very friendly,welcoming and helpful.It is located in a wonderful spot with easy access to public transportation, food and the plaza.I did the Otavalo tour with the hostel which was fun. Having more than 1 hr to shop would be better though, there's so much to see!

Zumag Sisa, Tena, Ecuador
11th Jul 2017

The owners are the nicest people I've come across these past 6 weeks. I arrived before check in and I was immediately given my room. In addition, I wanted to go rafting shortly after arrival. Without hesitation the owner made a phone call and made it happen for me. The communication was great. I truly enjoyed my stay and would highly revoked this hostel. Do note there are no hot showers.

Mallki Hostel, Cuenca, Ecuador
7.7
4th Jul 2017

Above all, the staff is outstanding . I was warmly greeted by one of the owners . Christian gave a great city tour. The breakfast was very filling and delicious. The hostel itself could use some TLC from the creaky beds and floor to the restroom. It's impossible to move in the bed without making a noise and they are not very comfortable. The restroom had a constant slight odor of sewer.It did not appear to be cleaned at any point of my stay. The toilet seats are too small for the bowl.

Nazu City Hostel, Guayaquil, Ecuador
2nd Jul 2017

I loved this hostel! The 3 bedroom dorm was very spacious,clean and comfortable. It was the best nights sleep in my 3 weeks in South America. The restrooms were immaculate and felt like I was staying in a hotel. It was very quiet with only a few backpackers but it is located in a great location. The breakfast was excellent and the staff was very helpful. They did have limited English but they still made an effort to help.

Inka's Rest, Puno, Peru
28th Jun 2017

The dorms and restrooms are very clean and spacious. The lighting in the dorms if dim and there are not enough outlets for every person. There is not a place to hang towels in the dorm either so you have to be creative. Like anything you leave out, you run the risk of it being stolen.The showers are barely warm with low pressure. They have really warm comfortable beds. Breakfast was good and so was the staff. I think they could improve a guest's experience by showing them around the hostel.

26th Jun 2017

We wished we would've booked our entire stay here while in Cusco. The hostel was very clean and neat. Though some of the staff had little English,they did their best to help, which was appreciated. The showers were nice and hot and the beds were comfy and warm. The heater was broken in our room but there was a small portable heater in lieu. It wasn't powerful enough to heat up the whole room but it was enough for two people. I've already booked additional nights for when I return to Cusco.

Cozy Hostel, Puno, Peru
25th Jun 2017

Inka King, Ollantaytambo, Peru
23rd Jun 2017

This hotel is in a location and is easy to find.Upon our arrival,we were kindly greeted by a staff member who informed us of all the free things to do in Ollantayambo. Because of his enthusiasm and love for the city, we stayed an extra night just so we had more time to explore. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk to the train station if your heading to Macchu Picchu.The dorm room was cozy and clean and we enjoyed star gazing on the balcony at night. The restroom cleanliness could be improved.

Intro Hostels Cusco, Cusco, Peru
21st Jun 2017

The hostel was in a great location with a wonderful staff who was willing to answer any questions. The restrooms were constantly maintained with hot showers. Breakfast was simple but appreciated.

Huacachina Backpackers house, Huacachina, Peru
19th Jun 2017

The restrooms wete very clean. The room was very spacious and clean. Unfortunately the outlet was in the middle of a wall which made charging electronics a bit challenging.

Manuel Antonio Hostel Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
14th Jun 2017

The location in description was misleading. The hostel is actually located in a different town,Quepos. The distance to Manuel Antonio is about a 5-10 minute bus ride away. The bus does stop near the hostel and only costs 310 colones. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.

La Choza Inn Hostel, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
12th Jun 2017

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The room was very small which made moving around difficult when your sharing with at least 3 other people. There was only one working outlet for 4 people to charge. Lockers were placed in our room the last day there. The breakfast was good along with the wonderful chefs.

Hello thanks for your comments which help us to improve our service, the additional charge for the air conditioning is only is charged in the standard rooms which has a fan. some standard rooms have air conditioning for the additional cost, we will instruct our staff to provide the correct information to our Guests, thank you very much.

Hostel Urbano, San Jose, Costa Rica
11th Jun 2017

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They made getting to our next destination safe and easy. The room and restroom was spacious and clean. We enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend this place.

Hola!! Thanks for your review, we super happy that you enjoyed your time at Hostel Urbano San Pedro and that we could help you. All the best, Hostel Urbano San Pedro Staff

×